Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Hook Glitch

DaniXDee
DaniXDee Member Posts: 7

I play on a Switch and this bug happened to me and it has also happened to a friend on Xbox. Both happened this week.

Step 1 : Boot the game

Step 2 : Play as survivor in a public match. We were playing together both times with another friend and a random player.

Step 3 : We are unhooked close to when we would go into second stage but the animation has not happened. We are unhooked and it only shows one mark but when we are hooked for a second time we die

Step 4 : game does not crash or die but the health bar stays in the middle like it would for second stage.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

• Character played - I played as Nea and my friend played as Kate
  • Perks played - I used Decisive Strike, dead hard, borrowed time, and Boon: circle of healing
  • Map - the circus map
  • Frequency of the issue - it has happened once to each of us both happened this week.

DOCUMENTS TO ADD

• Images
  • Videos

I sadly cannot get video on switch or playback but if it happens again I will screenshot the screen where you die with the health bar still half full.

6 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• MayaOhayou4
    MayaOhayou4 Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2022

I can confirm I've seen this issue several times most days playing during the last week.

Whenever it occurred it has been when a survivor tried to unhook failed and changed to the second phase, but the bar remained with 1 mark instead of adding the second one of the second phase of the sacrifice, and then once the survivor is put the the hook by the killer it adds the second mark, the health bar remains at half and the player is sacrificed.

So in the cases I've seen (I've faced the issue myself once Today) the issue is not functional impacting the game but aesthetic regarding the change of phases, creating a bit of confusion for the survivors (as the killers can't see the marks of phases of the sacrifice).

I'll also try to add a video if I can, as I've seen this issue a few times every day.

Thanks a lot @DaniXDee for reporting it :)

PS: In my case I'm playing from PC with Windows 10 OS, using the Epic Games Launcher platform for games

• MayaOhayou4
    MayaOhayou4 Member Posts: 3

Hi again,

I have saved a video, but I forgot to start recording on the match start, but I started it when a survivor got sacrificed for the last time, so I think this can be helpful :)

The timestamp of the video is in CEST, so at 00:33 CEST this reproduced.

• jaymiechan
    jaymiechan Member Posts: 52

From my experience today, on PC, WIN10, the bug seems to proc any time someone tries to escape the hook before the second stage is hit.

• Bob_Bob
    Bob_Bob Member Posts: 2

They don't have to try unhook themself, it's anytime you go to stage 2 on first hook it wont update for anyone in the game. For all 4 survivors it will still show 1 hook and for killer they will still only have 1 hook-bar filled in.