Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

New Idea with Booning Hex Totems

TheRealFitzy
TheRealFitzy Member Posts: 9
edited May 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

Alright,

What about when a survivor successfully places a boon on a hex totem, it becomes a Cursed Totem. Combing the blue boon color and the reddish glow from a hex to make a purple hue. The cursed totem would then have the PERMAMNET abilities from before. So an unsnuffable boon and an unbreakable hex. I thought this would be a nice little spice to add to dbd and think it wouldn't be that strong in either direction. OR could make it a 50/50 chance to turn the totem into a permanent boon or permanent hex. What do you guys think of this concept?

Comments

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146

I like the idea but perks like devour hope getting booned would make the games impossible.

For lower mmr survivors who are not that good with skill checks yet would also be slaughtered by lullaby.

I would prefer it like someone waking you up against Freddy, every time takes longer. Boons should add 5 extra seconds every time making the survivors contemplate whether or not it's worth it after a while.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,209
    edited May 2022

Just make snuffing a boon destroy the totem.

This makes cleansing and blessing equitable, both remove the Hex, and the totem.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

This, it would punish bad placements, and solve the infinite boon problem