Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why is this attitude so widespread?

In the few killer games I played lately I have the feeling that I always get the same attitude of players. Survivors that dont really want to play the game the way it is intented but just run around clicking at me, Dead harding into god pallets and then teabagging like they did the mindgame of a lifetime etc. If I lose the game I get a lot of ez spam in the chat even before I can say anything and if I win I get a long list of why my win is completely invalid and that they basically want to take me to DBD court and make sure that I never play killer again.

What I find especially weird is that most survivors even though they admit they basically came into my matches to ruin my experience get completely outraged when I start to react toxic towards them with camping and tunneling. Then they tell me that all their toxic behaviour doesnt in any way justify me reacting toxic towards them. But I should just keep playing the game normally and let them mess with me

I really dont get why this attitude is so widespread at least from what Im experiencing lately. Are survivors just bored or frustrated with the game? and if so how exactly does this help against that?

Comments

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

People like feeling as if they just did the greatest technique in the history mankind. You can't really do anything about that other than just try and pay no attention to it.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

This is really on both sides and its honestly just like charlie brown listening to adults anymore I just don't even care what they have to say and sometimes I'll get bored and just throw gas on the fire and watch them rage even harder lol there's always an excuse with these people because they see big streamers make excuses anytime they're outplayed, I saw one the other day he's a huge name and in his gameplay he said that anytime he gets mindgamed at a tall wall they have to be wall hacking or subtle hacking....give me a ######### break lmao the ego of some people

• Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599
    edited May 2022

The growth of Survivor entitlement is the literal definition of playing chess against a pidgeon.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

What do you expect on a game where the comunity spends their time throwing bile at eachother? just look at the forum, steam, reddit and imageboard generals, nothing but "US VS THEM!!" mentality.

Especial mention to content creators who spew nothing but garbage and are hellbent on being as toxic and divisive as posible while their audience laughs and applauds them.

• xfireturtlex
    xfireturtlex Member Posts: 419

I think a lot of it is BHVR doesnt do much to foster a healthy community in game. There are so many roadblocks to newer/casual players, from excessive grind to stale meta to endless paywalls, that most of em dont stick around. So in the end were stuck with ppl that really enjoy the game (despite its many flaws) or ppl that REALLY enjoy being excessively toxic. Sadly thats going to continue until they lessen some of these entry barriers.

On the content creator side, i love watching Hybrid Panda. He inspires me to play "nicer" n i have a lot more fun just rollin with the punches. Sometimes i let ppl escape. Sometimes i let killers kill me. As long as im gettin decent BP, im happy n try to spread some of that love around.

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959

It's because playing in a coordinated SWF makes it very easy to win all the time, so the game gets boring. Rather than playing a different game when they're bored like a normal human, they decide to get their jollies by ruining the game for someone else or aggravating them

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,291

Be honest though - Would you prefer survivors forcibly trying to interact with you in chase or just focusing on gens and getting out as fast as possible?

As for "toxic behavior" there isn't really any toxic behavior in this game that happens in game. Dead By Daylight is a game where when one side is doing well the other side won't have fun most of the time - That's just how it is.

As killer do what ever - Tunnel, Slug, Camp - Do what ever it takes to win. Because at the end of the day your job is to kill and if you decide to let the survivors have fun during that time that's completely on you. Your role isn't to babysit the other team it's to kill them. Same thing goes for survivors - Do what ever it takes to win because at the end of the day if the killer isn't performing well enough to kill you then they're not doing their job at 100%. Yeah not every game will be fair but for the most part that's the reality of DBD. Heavily RNG based game where skill disparity on teams won't always be the same and the losing team won't always be having fun.

• Somna
    Somna Member Posts: 130

Yep. Killer has a hell of a handicap in DBD. Compare to a game where (to put it in DBD terms) a killer can port right next to another survivor as soon as a survivor is hooked and immediately start snowballing, and you have no windows and only self breaking pallets.

• NateyBoi
    NateyBoi Member Posts: 315

It’s the casual swf, I hate it, you seem to hate it, lots of people hate it. Here’s my strategy, act sad and they will feel sympathy, then go rogue and kill them all. Camp the hell out of them too, be as rude as you can and watch them suffer. Watch them gasp for air on the hook, desperately wanting to survive. Down them and mori one of them in front of each other, while laughing behind the screen.

WAtCH THEM…

SUFFER

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,892

Yeah kinda weird when they gain an ego playing a very easy role.

• Darky77
    Darky77 Member Posts: 50

It is unfortunate that so many people elect to be toxic and negative, and more unfortunate that there really isn't anything to be done about it. They want a reaction, they want to anger you, I guess it might be a tactic to agitate the Killer so they make more mistakes or something? In any case, the best thing you ca do is ignore them and focus on the other Survivors, or if they're all like this, just go to the exit gates and wait for the Gens to pop off, then open the gates and wait for them to leave or time out.

Simply put, they act like this to get a reaction. So don't give them one. Their ability to bully you relies on you putting effort into outplaying them. So don't give them any effort. It's about all you can do. Don't let them ruin the game for you, not everyone is like that. Just ignore them and don't engage with them, and your next rounds might be better.

I really believe BHVR could at least try to do something about it, maybe address it or make a statement at the very least (to show they care at least a little), but even then, nothing you can do. If they put some system into place to punish toxic people, it will be misused and good people will suffer too.

It's the way of the world. Ego and toxicity. Just don't let them drag you down to their level, ignore them and enjoy your game.

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660
  • ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

If you want the actual answer, and I hope I can say this without getting suspended... Bad parenting.

I am not saying members of this respectful community are anything but amazing. I do not even believe your OP. No one acts like that in game at all, least of all survivor mains. But, hypothetically, if they did, the answer to your question is that they never learned better.

• Carrow
    Carrow Member Posts: 500

Same reason why killers 4 man slug from the first minute of the game and AFK until everyone bleeds out. Some people get off on the misery of others.

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,774

From what I have seen i often think survivor think the killer is some npc that has to be hold by certain rules and that exists for them to have a nice time. So many content creators out there have whole carriers around the idea to play with the killer no matter how the game ends.

Don't get me wrong I'm pretty sure killer mains aren't much better I just don't have experience with that cause I am one myself and I would say I play pretty regular (wich could be totally wrong).

It would be pretty interesting what happened first did survs startet to make there own fun and Roy with the killer and they then startet to be toxic or was is just always a thing. And sure you always had toxic people on both sides that's for sure but I talk about a wider scale

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,594

Why? Pick one:

• Raised with no father figure. And single parents are commonplace nowadays.
    • Solcial media generates narcissists.
  • drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,594
  • Sumnox
    Sumnox Member Posts: 605

Why do you make it about survivors only?

"Because I play killer and that's the experience I had"

Well, let me inform you that, it's both. Play killer and survivors are toxic. Play survivor and killers are toxic.

• H2H
    H2H Member Posts: 702

BHVR literally spent years promoting and rewarding streamers who played in that exact way, of course that’s how their cultivated playerbase plays.

• TerraEsram
    TerraEsram Member Posts: 653

I think some of these toxic players are survivors who got tired of being camped tunnelled like dogs

I got insulted because I dared to play with Franklin's demise and the flashlight of the clicky clicky ended up stuck under a pallet that I refused to break until it discharged itself

But the thing is, when I play killer, I either come across teams that are scarily easy to kill, or I come across these kind of teams that are always there to follow you when you manage to have a survivor, to try to block you, blind you or whatever, to the point where I feel like I'd play with the combo mad grift, agitation and starstruck to be sure not to be bothered anymore

But when I'm playing survivor, and I'm unfortunate enough to run into campers, I literally have no chance of getting out, because the survivors I'm given as solo Q companions don't deign to come out of their gen, or continue their walks on the map... So on the other hand...

At worst! When you see another survivor teabagging as an epilectic, imagine in your head the laughter of the angry german kid PC spelien, oddly, you relativize

• SentinelCaptain
    SentinelCaptain Member Posts: 234

Part of why I prefer to still play on Console is lack of post game chat. When I play killer, I'll give you every convenience I can to try to make it fun for everyone. I'll go for people who unhook over who just got off, I'll take time to go back and damage gens after hooking or before I chase. Hell, I'll flat out ignore you if you're the only survivor I keep finding. Essentially I try to play as polite as possible, I guess. That being said, I'll flat out ignore Flashlight clickers entirely, that may fool new killers, but I know bait when I see it, and I'm not giving you the satisfaction. All 5 gens are done and I've only managed to get a single hook? Ok, you win, I've already opened the gate for you. You can make all the noise you want, I'll be afk in a corner somewhere while I grab a snack because I'm not about to give you the satisfaction of standing at the gate being insulted.