We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

12 Masks only?

Im really disappointed that they are only doing 12 masks for the replacements of the Anniversary Crowns. Why couldn’t they make one for every original character? That’s the thing I was most excited for. Collecting cosmetics for all the original characters. Hope they add more before the release of the anniversary. But the masks look great! It’s an amazing idea.

Comments

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047

In Hollow Knight, you can get like 28 with Joni's Blessing.

I'm not saying weigh your options, but weigh your options.

• PerfectlyPink
    PerfectlyPink Member Posts: 435

Did yun jin Lee get a mask?

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,296
    edited May 2022

Grinding on every single character to get anniversary items was awful - Also needing to play a specific character to do so was also awful. I'm happy with less mask that are more detailed. Would honestly prefer these being a reward in some Archive themed thing than how it was done prior. Felt awful to get the last ones.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,918
    edited May 2022

I can't make out the names of the second and fifth survivor ones. I see Ace, Dwight, Jane, and Yui.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033

I agree. They seemed to have changed this with the Winter and Chinese New Year events. This’ll probably go the same way. Unlocked over time just for playing.

• Zephinism
    Zephinism Member Posts: 542
    edited May 2022

Ace, Elodie, Dwight, Jane, Mikaela and Yui on survivor side.

Artist, Deathslinger, Huntress, Spirit, Trapper, Trickster on killer side.

Almost every original DLC is represented with the exception of Darkness Among Us, Curtain Call, Spark of Madness and The Last Breath.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,778

mikaela does

left to right the blocked ones are elodie dwight jane mikaela

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,764

I get that Ace make sense and so does Dwight being the first survivor (like Trapper is the first killer both on a technical level) however, during the stream they mentioned giving a mask to one original survivor and killer from every year, and they gave Year 1 two survivor masks while Year 2 doesn't have any. It's not even like a "Oh Year 2 only had licensed survivors" because that's not true.

• CheeseAnton
    CheeseAnton Member Posts: 882

I understand, but what you gotta remember is that I forgot Ace actually wasn't a 2nd year survivor, I thought he released after David so I thought him having it made sense Ace is begging to be in a Masquerade Party, dude's shady as hell and him being in a fancy party with hidden identity is a heaven for scams or underground dealings I'd assume. Don't know much about Masquerades, I'd just assume they are sketchy underground places and Ace is begging to be there, let him thrive in this environment.

I do get that they lied, but I just think Ace is too perfect to ignore. It's like giving not giving an Artist skin to the character that's canonically an Artist, yes I'm still a bit salty that Jane got that green rarity store skin and not Jeff, and that's why I'm okay with Ace getting it over David, because looking back at it we'll agree that "why didn't the sketchy dude that probably has multiple identities and thrives in high-class environments not be in the Masquerade, over the dude that probably wasn't even invited to his own birthday party and can't hold back his anger who is a ticking time bomb at a party."

• Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611

Honestly they're absolutely beautiful so I'm not mad we only get twelve if getting more means less quality ! Also gets me excited for next year's anniversary to get ones for other characters! They're really so cool I hope it's not a one time thing only and eventually all characters have!

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

I like this theme and the cosmetics for this anniversary way more than the last two! Maybe they will make a second batch next anniversary for other characters as well..

• alpaca_boyyy
    alpaca_boyyy Member Posts: 190

Meh

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,774

Well that's just how it is. You either get one low quality copy paste thing for every one or a personalized one for a selected few and I think this aproche is Okey because these masks look so gorgeous I didn't even care to get the crowns for my characters because they I don't liked how they looked and I hated that you need to play a character to get the crown being able to play the killer I want to play and still get cosmetics is nice

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

I much prefer this.

How often so you see crown cosmetics outside of the event?

That trickster mask is going to be his best headcosmetic by far for me. I will never remove it

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,833

Masquerades are anything but sketchy underground places. They were basically fancy costume parties for the wealthy.

That aside, I love the look of the masks but I am disappointed with the survivor choices. Especially since it's not just Dwight and Ace who released in the same year, it's also Yui and Jane. Only Mikaela and Elodie were released in different years.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    edited May 2022

I’m fine with it personally. We have to remember they are working on prestige rewards that are probably cosmetics for all original characters too (Disappointed clown didn’t get one but at least Jane and slinger did)

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,555

I hope they have unique hair with the cosmetic, because default Ace is still looking fugly if the only thing changing is him putting that mask on (even more so if he keeps that hat)

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,774

Nope sadly Mandy just confirmed we won't get cosmetics so it's not going to be legacy 2.0

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,833

Both 2017 and 2018 were skipped for survivor, while 2019 got two survivor masks. Ace and Dwight released in 2016, while Jane and Yui were released in 2019.

I'm disappointed that Kate and Feng aren't getting masks. The masks are really nice, but since I don't play any of the killers that are getting masks, and I don't play any of the survivors that are getting masks, I guess I'll just skip the cosmetics this anniversary. 😭

• alpaca_boyyy
    alpaca_boyyy Member Posts: 190

Right they should be inclusive to all original characters. I main twins & meg and won’t be getting anything for them 😔

• Araphex
    Araphex Member Posts: 696

Not to mention it's random and you only get 1. That's stupid. What if you're favorite character you play as doesn't get one? Then what a waste that it is.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,778

Dwight and Ace I have no defence for but to be fair Yui was December 2019, which is DBD Year 4, and Jane was March 2019, which is DBD Year 3

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616
    edited May 2022

At least this time the cosmetic are not that ugly floating crowns which I never used.

• CheeseAnton
    CheeseAnton Member Posts: 882

Honestly thanks for the knowledge, don't know where I got my original idea from.

As for Jane and Yui, while they released in the same actual year, they weren't in the same DBD year. Basically since DBD Launched June 16, around there is the general timeframe for a DBD year. Basically Jane is a Year 2 survivor, while Yui is a Year 3 survivor; Because Jane released 2 years after DBD Launched, while Yui released after DBD turned 3.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,764

It's by Dead by Daylight Year, which is June 20XX - June 20XX, Jane and Yui (if looking at dead by daylight years) actually released in 2 separate years. Jane released in Year 3 which was June 2018-June 2019 and Yui released in Year 4 which was June 2019-June 2020

• Dacrenon
    Dacrenon Member Posts: 208

You only get one per match, just like the winter event. Play 12 offerings through 12 matches and collect them all.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

These are MUCH higher quality than the crowns. And they each represent a year of killer or a year of survivor for the SIXTH anniversary. I think that is cute.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,092

I'm sad we're not getting a cosmetic for everyone, but I understand that the masks are a lot more complex than something like the crowns, which are straight copy and pastes from a single model. It is what it is, and getting crowns for the third year in a row would have been pretty lame. The masks that we did get look pretty awesome, and meanwhile I can hope that other characters might get them in future anniversaries.

• Chadku
    Chadku Member Posts: 729

It's so sad that there's no Elephant mask for Bing Bong.

• vanGlasse1
    vanGlasse1 Member Posts: 295

sincerely? I think it is better to have 12 unique and detailed cosmetics than one of the same to all the original cast. Would be cool to have one for every character, but I'm ok with having to focus on getting only 12 during the event for now. Hopefully they "redo" it in the future and take on characters that didn't get one instead of repeating a character, as this will give us some content to look forward to for a while (kinda like the blighted skins which we used to get way less than 12 by time).

• Araphex
    Araphex Member Posts: 696

Really? I thought I heard him say only one mask per player... I'll have to watch it again.

• KweenPlease
    KweenPlease Member Posts: 305

Don't get me wrong . . . I love the masks. I think they're beautiful.

But not only do NONE of the characters I love / play get one.

But I hate that these items are always ONE-offs that NOTHING goes with.

At least give us a recolored outfit item or two to pair with it IF NOT something original.

WHAT are we supposed to pair with these? TRICKSTER is the ONLY one with something to go with this.

The survivors have N O T H I N G.

I'd like if it hey made us earn the items they normally would have us earn and THEN SPLIT the rest of them ( Limited time recolors / new cosmetics )via putting them in the USELESS charm slots in the RIFT and in the shop.

Let's face it, WE DON'T USE the charms that are just a PICTURE ON A TAG. The really BASIC charms that aren't a unique mesh shape or anything. WE DON'T WANT MORE OF THOSE. STOP giving us those and GIVE US what you ALREADY HAVE MESHED that ALREADY WORKS in a NEW COLOR / pattern to go with the ITEM YOU'RE PUTTING OUT to be special so we can ACTUALLY USE IT and make it look NICE.

• RussellMan
    RussellMan Member Posts: 23
    edited May 2022

Maybe they're saving others for next year?

Also, i love the designs of them, especially the killer masks.

Also, there's technically gonna be 14 masks, two more for the new survivor and killer

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,279

wish david got one

how we get these we know how it will work?

• Jivetalkin13
    Jivetalkin13 Member Posts: 747

At least all the masks are unique. The crowns were all the same, which honestly doesn't feel as special. However, I do agree, I wish my mains got masks. Legion and Oni would have been sick.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,694
    edited May 2022

1 character for each year of the game for each role. They're also all uninque beutifful unlike the crowns which are basically the same copy pasted object, so I prefer this a lot more

I can understand why your main not getting a mask would be sad though.I would have really liked a blight one. At least my main survivor ace gets one.

• phd_hillbilly
    phd_hillbilly Member Posts: 6

I'd rather have less but personalised and original cosmetics than same looking crowns for everyone. Quality > Quantity.

At the same time as Zarina main I'm in pain... Hope she will get a mask next year <3

• amazing_grace
    amazing_grace Member Posts: 734

It sucks that none of your mains got a mask, but at least with these masks, I could imagine it pairing better than the anniversary crowns. I don't think I've ever seen a survivor with a crown on because they're bad for stealth and they aren't super special. These masks at least look cool and usually (at least for survivors) they have one fancier outfit that would look cool for a masquerade. I'd honestly rather have these cool headpieces instead of just a recolor of a normal skin.

It also seems that I'm one of the few people who actually likes the charms. I enjoy customizing my characters with them because I try to match the charms to the personality of the survivor or the holiday during the seasonal times. I thought this anniversary set of charms were really cute and was excited to equip them. So, I wouldn't speak for everyone when it comes to charms because I love being able to have that extra customization.

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660

Nothing for Kate. Yay. At least feng Claud and nea didn’t get one