The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Wish for equal rights about SWF

sakuraE
sakuraE Member Posts: 15
edited May 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

Survivor have the choice to SWF and shouldn't curtail that right

These features are optional for survivors

But killer and solo survivor don't have the right not to play with the SWF

Is the right truly equal?

Survivors and killer should have the freedom to play or not to play with SWF like cross-play

(I am sorry and please correct me if my English is wrong.)

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,832
    edited May 2022

This argument has come up several times. If SWF is so powerful, but solo queue is so weak, then what would happen if you could choose to not play against SWF?

Nobody would play against SWF. Those survivors would then stop playing, and move on to greener pastures. Solo queue needs to first be brought up to the level of SWF, and then they can look at making changes to SWF.

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

"Equal rights"

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814

And that's why sufficiently well coded Bot killers solves the whole thing. If nobody queues up for Hard Mode as Killer, the survivors get Hard Mode Bots instead.

Or, you know, they could just pretend that SWF isn't an Easy Mode for survivor players like they've been doing for the last six years.

• Kaitsja

That wouldn't really be a solution so much as it would be a bandaid. The only way to address SWF is to bring Solo Queue up to the level of SWF and then reduce the power of the survivor role from there.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I wouldn't mind having the option to put me in games with less SWF as a survivor.

I do not care as killer. I just hate having those clowns for teammates.

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

It can feel unfair but SWF is the gauntlet all killers must face in order to get better. They can teach you things about the game. There are patterns you will eventually recognize. Survivors' desire to play together keeps this game going. You can still earn plenty of points and learn new things in defeat. The stars will align in some of your matches. You will take advantage of a mistake and victory will be yours. Even the best killers lose sometimes to good solo teams. 6 year old game is bound to have many experienced players so either way you will face strong teams.

• sakuraE
    sakuraE Member Posts: 15

but now killer stop playing, and move on to greener pastures.

And next it is difficult to notice SWF by hiding name(maybe profile too)

Why do bear the burden of any player choosing SWF?

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

I play killer to max grade before I even touch survivor every reset and that's simply just your opinion and doesn't speak for everyone, if you made swf optional it would kill the game for good and all just to please low skilled players, it's the equivalent of survivors coming on here saying they should be able to pick what killers they face because some aren't fun, don't worry the custom match bots will be here soon for all these people complaining.

• Kaitsja

Killers stop playing because of the imbalances between roles. When solo queue is brought up to the level of SWF, the bar can safely be lowered without punishing solo queue.

Nobody wants to play against SWF. Making SWF optional for killers will just make solo queue even worse, and make the players who want to play together quit playing.

I have no argument for solo queue not wanting to be matched with SWF since they tend to get left on first hook which sucks.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

I've been playing the game for two years now. Since I started, I've read "but Killers are now leaving". I'm wondering the reason my solo Q is still as fast as the very first time I started to play if everyone is leaving.

Also, if we had the choice to face a SWF or a bunch of solo Q... Who will play against SWF? Probably a few people, but then, if it's like when I turn crossplay off, it'll be boring. I don't know, each time I'm trying crossplay off, I only have the same three/four Survivors and the same one Killer. Like no one else is playing crossplay off but the six of us. There's a moment you know the build/playstyle of the other players.

The issue with solo Q isn't truly the lack of information. It's the fact the matchmaking isn't working properly. I have over 2k hours... Not saying I'm a god player, but I'm done with the "hide and seek, I'm so scared of the Killer" thing. I often have new players in my lobby, no matter if I escaped several times in a row (which should increase my MMR) or if I died a lot. A Killer who seems to be very confused about what to do, a Survivor who's just hiding the whole game because they're scared of the Killer... That is the issue. When I have competent solo teammates, the game is kind of the same as SWF. (I'm 100% solo Q but I've played a few SWF before. A good solo Q team is kind of the same. Unless we're talking about these SWF who use specific builds with a map offering.)

• icedrake402
    icedrake402 Member Posts: 145

Some off-the-top-of-my-head possibilities could be--

--The Killer must be part of the group (and therefore on comms)

--A SWF team is only three people.

--A SWF group has one less perk slot each (considering they're getting 2-3 perks worth of free intel).