The Legion 24 hours later

Options

As far as i experienced the legion he seems like a charecter to play when you dont want to be looped but dont feel like putting hours into getting some what good as nurse. He can vault windows and pallets like survivors but takes 5 or so hits for a fully healed survivor to go down using his ability only? Correct me if i am wrong. He seems like seems like a dumbed down anti looper.

Comments

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123
    Options

@Global said:
    As far as i experienced the legion he seems like a charecter to play when you dont want to be looped but dont feel like putting hours into getting some what good as nurse. He can vault windows and pallets like survivors but takes 5 or so hits for a fully healed survivor to go down using his ability only? Correct me if i am wrong. He seems like seems like a dumbed down anti looper.

his gimmick is really weird and ineffective unless you find survivors grouped together. He's not really even a strong anti-looper imo. He's just spirit but worse with better survivor detection when his power hits.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@EntityDispleased said:
    Can everybody stop judging any new killer by how easy they can get a 4k? Considering I'm able to black pip by face camping with a revved up LF chainsaw I'm pretty sure you can make any killer on the list viable in some way.

You cant blackpip by a facecamping leatherface.At least if we are talking about competent survivors and thats what I base my balance feedback on.

If we are talking about rank 20 over altruistic survivors, then every killer is OP, even freddy

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243
    edited November 2018
    Options

@Janick said:

@Might_Oakk said:
    The devs designed him so you don't use his ability to down survivors. Downing with Frenzy is pretty much similar to blood lusting efficiency wise.

The playstyle is once you hit 1 survivor the others nearby are highlighted. You hit everyone nearby then run down the last guy you hit without your power.

The powers strength is when you hit multiples they must heal thus slowing the game.

Power is just a slow down game thing assuming survivors are dumb enough to be close together.

Hello

That is correct. I just wanted to confirm our intention. It is very easy to get a hit with him but harder to down survivor.

At first, the balance is in the favor of the killer then it is put back in the hand of the Survivor. We will probably talk more about the design intention on a future stream. Thank you!

112.5% movement speed! Test it out prz. Should make downing easier without being op.

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559
    Options

@Global said:

atleast you did this 24 hours later instead of 2 seconds after ptb dropped, but just hit them with frenzy then hit them with knife, I know it resets bar but it regens fast

• OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716
    Options
    I just wish exposed perks work with his power
  • Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959
    Options

@Might_Oakk said:

@Wolf74 said:
    This killer could only be viable if they get the guts to seriously balance SELF CARE!

Tbh the best way to play vs the Legion is to not bother to heal. He will get a free hit on you anyways as soon as he is nearby.

Which is ridiculous in itself.

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    Options
    Janick said:

@Might_Oakk said:
    The devs designed him so you don't use his ability to down survivors. Downing with Frenzy is pretty much similar to blood lusting efficiency wise.

The playstyle is once you hit 1 survivor the others nearby are highlighted. You hit everyone nearby then run down the last guy you hit without your power.

The powers strength is when you hit multiples they must heal thus slowing the game.

Power is just a slow down game thing assuming survivors are dumb enough to be close together.

Hello

That is correct. I just wanted to confirm our intention. It is very easy to get a hit with him but harder to down survivor.

At first, the balance is in the favor of the killer then it is put back in the hand of the Survivor. We will probably talk more about the design intention on a future stream. Thank you!

I can only confirm this with my experience and what I have seen from other players! 
    A lot of people just don't understand how the killer needs to be played, the reason for all the "new killer weak" posts 
  • Wolf74
    Options

@DwightsLifeMatters said:
    Janick said:

@Might_Oakk said:

The playstyle is once you hit 1 survivor the others nearby are highlighted.  You hit everyone nearby then run down the last guy you hit without your power.

Hello

I can only confirm this with my experience and what I have seen from other players! 
    A lot of people just don't understand how the killer needs to be played, the reason for all the "new killer weak" posts 

So he has to be played with a weak tactic in mind?
    Spreading out the damage has never been a viable tactic.
    That's why Thanatophobia is considered a garbage perk.
    With SC present everywhere, no one stays injured for a long time.

• Joe5566
    Joe5566 Member Posts: 20
    Options

**> I can only confirm this with my experience and what I have seen from other players! 

A lot of people just don't understand how the killer needs to be played, the reason for all the "new killer weak" posts **

Well the best way now to play this killer is to Hit a lot of survivors and then focus one of them and just hide your face so that you don't start the chase and then just wait for the timer to go down which is stupid and boring.

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

@Janick said:

@Might_Oakk said:

Hello

It's an interesting take on a mimic type of killer that I've been wanting for a long time. Definitely different and I really appreciate that. It will be interesting to see where players go with Legion's power.

• Global
    Global Member Posts: 770
    Options

@EntityDispleased said:
    Can everybody stop judging any new killer by how easy they can get a 4k? Considering I'm able to black pip by face camping with a revved up LF chainsaw I'm pretty sure you can make any killer on the list viable in some way.

Then how are we supposed to judge them? The only way to actually describe them is do they get looped good or not. Tell me any other way to compare killers and i use it.

• Th3Nightmare
    Th3Nightmare Member Posts: 1,265
    Options

@Janick said:

@Might_Oakk said:

Hello

No plans on him / her? There are many players like ScottJund, Zubat, Tru3 who have played it a lot and do not seem like a "good killer", will you speak it internally as the spirit? Thanks Janick!

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559
    Options

@Wolf74 said:
    This killer could only be viable if they get the guts to seriously balance SELF CARE!

survivor mains incoming your objective is to survive

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    Options

This killer is the DEVs way of dealing with SWF groups, it's all there, i'm telling ya.

Mad Grit: Counter to body blocking
    Discordance: Counter to gen rush... Kind of?
    Iron Maiden: I mean, Doctor just got better. Now you either find them right away, or you find them later...?

Plus, Legion's power. Wreaks havoc in a group environment. Not the greatest in solo.

Little did they know however, SWF teams can talk to each other, so they will stick far from each other as possible, rendering their ability useless.

What I see, is a halfway decent killer. Low Mid tier. Very fun to play, but not the most viable. Cool gimmicks such as vaulting pallet and free borrowed time.

Now before you start crying, this was a half sarcastic post. I do think Legion is a pretty decent killer, not insanely good, but not god awful, I place them right below Clown. I believe Clown to be the most balanced killer in the game. Legion is quite fun to play, which is something every killer should be.

Let's see where it goes from here. Let's see what we learn.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,347
    Options

@Swiftblade131 said:
    This killer is the DEVs way of dealing with SWF groups, it's all there, i'm telling ya.

Mad Grit: Counter to body blocking
    Iron Maiden: I mean, Doctor just got better. Now you either find them right away, or you find them later...?

Plus, Legion's power. Wreaks havoc in a group environment. Not the greatest in solo.

Little did they know however, SWF teams can talk to each other, so they will stick far from each other as possible, rendering their ability useless.

What I see, is a halfway decent killer. Low Mid tier. Very fun to play, but not the most viable. Cool gimmicks such as vaulting pallet and free borrowed time.

Now before you start crying, this was a half sarcastic post. I do think Legion is a pretty decent killer, not insanely good, but not god awful, I place them right below Clown. I believe Clown to be the most balanced killer in the game. Legion is quite fun to play, which is something every killer should be.

Let's see where it goes from here. Let's see what we learn.

Do people really go into lockers against doctor so often? I just can't imagine it but maybe you are right, than that perk would actually be decent on him.
    Also I would still argue that while Clown is really good, he is still very vulnerable to gen rush. Not sure if he has perfect balance simply because survivors can still rush through gens so easily against him, but he is definitely one of the best balanced killers. It's hard to say where the Legion is though. He is really good at getting everyone injured and slowing the game down, but he has trouble downing survivors efficiently.

• CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615
    edited November 2018
    Options

@Might_Oakk said:

Too bad that "power" is countered by gen rushing no matter how good you are with it lol Remember those first 3 you hit? They already healed from mending before you got your first hit on the 4th. Also they just completed 2/5 gens before you got your first hook out of 12 so :p

• Wolf74
    Options

@Swiftblade131 said:

This is crap. Gen rush is best performed by spreading out and everyone is doing gens alone.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited November 2018
    Options

@Wolf74 said:

@Swiftblade131 said:

This is crap. Gen rush is best performed by spreading out and everyone is doing gens alone.

Yeh u rite it's a laughably bad perk. It's like surveillance.

• Doomsaki
    Doomsaki Member Posts: 152
    edited November 2018
    Options

@Janick said:

@Might_Oakk said:

Hello

The problem I run into in-game when trying to execute this multi-hit strategy is that on large maps (swamp for example), the generators are too far apart. I can run over to where I think another survivor is but I'll be out of breath far before then. So I'm stuck having to knife and M1 chase people.

If this is to be his design, he needs a longer lasting power.

Basically it goes like this:

-Queue into autohaven
    -find a survivor after sometime
    -Use power and hit, you seen no one else in range to combo
    -Do it again on another survivor
    -You see no one in range to combo
    -Game is now lost

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited November 2018
    Options

@Might_Oakk said:

Yea he seems like an anti-altruism killer, making me feel like Legion would actually be a good killer to play against SWF. If they are super altruistic like most SWF groups then Legion will have a huge advantage since they will group up often. My bet is he will have trouble will solo or selfish survivors since they won't be as altruistic or group up as much.

And you HAVE TO MEND. You can't ignore it like injury, Madness, or even an RBT. If you don't Mend immediately you go down, which forces survivors to waste time Mending. That means every time you hit someone in Frenzy you make them waste 16 seconds guaranteed. If you can just consistently hit 2 survivors every time you Frenzy then you should be able to 4k every game due to the loss of time on survivor side.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@EntityDispleased said:
    Master said:

@EntityDispleased said:

You cant blackpip by a facecamping leatherface.At least if we are talking about competent survivors and thats what I base my balance feedback on.

If we are talking about rank 20 over altruistic survivors, then every killer is OP, even freddy

I legit tried that to derank and half my matches were black pips because they always swarm the hook to get some boldness points, which slows the game and gives me gatekeeper points. And depending on how many I hook (usually a maximum of 2) they'll give me chaser points depending on how long the chase takes. Those 1-2 hooks also go towards devout I believe so yeah. I even tried a perkless Freddy, they all escape and it's a black pip.

Anyone that is in possession of two arms and at least one eyeball will be able to get rank 1 killer in no time.

Yes thats a problem of the rank system, but it has nothing to do with balancing

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited November 2018
    Options

@Janick said:

@Might_Oakk said:

Hello

I think you might have triggered half of the community with that part, lmao!

• iTz_KilLaZ_x
    iTz_KilLaZ_x Member Posts: 300
    Options
    From my experience, survivors just mend and quickly do gens. I can only chase one at a time. And with how fast gens can be done already, it’s rough. Legion is a weak killer. The 110% movement speed really hurts him. 
  • Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,677
    Options

@Janick said:

@Might_Oakk said:

Hello

The problem with this theory is that his power doesn't last long enough and the mend time is too short. If survivors aren't clustered really close together then you won't be able to chain attacks. Adjust those two things and it might be a viable strategy.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Options
    @Janick said:

Hello

Hey sorry to bother you, but has the team considered adjusting the Deep Wound mechanic?

One of the major issues that I see this new killer having is that the Deep Wound being way too forgiving for survivors. They don't really feel pressure at all from it.
  • Ermac
    Ermac Member Posts: 49
    edited November 2018
    Options

The new Killer ist just a Potato. Evene Freddy is better. ######### the DEVS thinking when designing such a bad killer? Do u never test the new Killer vs good people? I mean on Rank 1 u may have 1 hook and 4 gens are done against good survs.

• Wolf74
    Options

@Ermac said:
    The new Killer ist just a Potato. Evene Freddy is better. ######### the DEVS thinking when designing such a bad killer? Do u never test the new Killer vs good people? I mean on Rank 1 u may have 1 hook and 4 gens are done against good survs.

The whole killer design is just a service to survivor complains.

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243
    Options

@Dreamnomad said:

@Janick said:

@Might_Oakk said:

Hello

The problem with this theory is that his power doesn't last long enough and the mend time is too short. If survivors aren't clustered really close together then you won't be able to chain attacks. Adjust those two things and it might be a viable strategy.

His power is really bad vs a group who knows how to spread out ie. Swf. Really negates his slow down completely

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    Options
    Wolf74 said:

@Might_Oakk said:

@Wolf74 said:

Tbh the best way to play vs the Legion is to not bother to heal. He will get a free hit on you anyways as soon as he is nearby.

Which is ridiculous in itself.

This however, makes you easier to find and track due to groaning and blood. More people might be running iron will for awhile after this goes live, but unless you’re no mithered you can’t hide your blood. I’ll probably be running some bloodhound with The Legion if people stick with not healing against him.