Survivors, how confusing do you find Nightfall to be?

Options
Elcopollo
Elcopollo Member Posts: 764

I, personally, have played both Dredge and Haddie in the new PTB, but haven't found much problem with the Nightfall as Haddie. Yet, many survivors I went against as Dredge seemed to not know what's going on when in Nightfall, so I wonder what's your personal experience's been like with this new reverse-dreamworld mechanic?

Survivors, how confusing do you find Nightfall to be? 30 votes

Very confusing (I can't hear TR, I can't see much, navigating is hard, I never know where's killer)
3%
Jinxed 1 vote
Moderately confusing (FOV is dim, as for navigation and killer position - smth is hard, smth is not)
16%
RoboMojoAnniehereTricksters_WifeAurelleBennett_They1Them 5 votes
Not really at all (Sure, it's dark, but navigating and figuring out killer's position isn't that hard)
70%
GibberishBlueberryVolantConch1719Leonardo1itamusstang62MrPenguinChurchofPigdarkcloudlinkAdjathaChuckLitViktor1853Gazgemauchshinobu149GarlicRicesizzlingmario4teuzdjXendritchMalerkithHitariImpalpable 21 votes
It's only super-confusing on new map as I don't know it. But on other maps it's not confusing at all.
10%
RattiustyantlmumagjiaonuhaStang119 3 votes

Comments

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326
    Options
    Moderately confusing (FOV is dim, as for navigation and killer position - smth is hard, smth is not)

The only notable detriment of being in the nightfall in my limited experience is that the Killer becomes a stealth killer temporarily so on maps with lots of LOS blockers they could get a free hit or two. The darkness is basically a non-factor though so on open maps it's not gonna do much.

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,257
    Options

The screams of agony is amazing but makes me confused when standing close to the terror radius or inside the terror radius, because the screams are quite loud.

Aside from the sound effect, I find the Nightfall quite difficult to deal with but it adds fear of the unknown, always making me think he is behind or about to surprise me out of nowhere.

I wish we could have something to help us in the darkness. I don't know about the flashlights yet.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

Mainly because of all of the loud voices that happens in Nightfall. I don't have much of a problem locating the killer, but it's very hard to see as well.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,614
    Options
    Not really at all (Sure, it's dark, but navigating and figuring out killer's position isn't that hard)

It’s mostly pointless right now, but it’s confirmed to be bugged so it should hopefully be better when the chapter goes live.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,741
    Options

I know the devs did confirm it's bugged so maybe it'll be more confusing on live servers, but as of PTB I didn't find it confusing in the slightest.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546
    Options

Very confusing because I don't know why he's so bright