Timeline: what if the devs only listen to killers

Options
slunder
slunder Member Posts: 247

Do you think that if the devs only listen to killers and ignore survivors for 1 year, the number of players will increase or decrease?

Timeline: what if the devs only listen to killers 43 votes

It will increase
16%
BlueberryValik[Deleted User]getuy45u4iuAdjathaImpalpableTHESALMON 7 votes
It will decrease
72%
OnryosTapeRentalsCashelP14RaptorrotasLeonardo1itaMrPenguinTaigaoxygenRoboMojoEmealWarcrafter4FilthyLegionMainInferno427CrowmanFobboIlliterateGenocideBwstedDoritoHeadThr_ustsyainGazgemauch 31 votes
It will stay the same
11%
Gibberishbm33WampiritaRattiusBennett_They1Them 5 votes

Comments

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options
    It will decrease

If the devs just focused on one side, the player base would definitely decrease.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,225
    Options
    It will decrease

We get lots of groaning and whining at every patch, by both sides.

Those 4 killer sided patches would sure lesd to some leavers.

That said, Im pretty sure there are many killer players, even killer only, who recognize survivor problems and agree with fixing those the good way.

Closing the solo-swf gap is such a thing. Im quite killer biased but agree to *some* ideas. Compare to closing the killer tier gaps where a lot of survs just want to gut the top killers.

• JonathanByers
    JonathanByers Member Posts: 167
    Options
    It will decrease

People would 100% leave the game if that happened, lot of people would switch from survivor mains and become killer mains if the devs listened to killers for an entire year, the same thing would happen if the devs listened to the survivors for a year, but this time almost nobody would play killer and just would play survivor.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,376
    Options
    It will decrease

They should take killer complaints more seriously, but survivor side has problems as well.

The community sentiment is that survivors are the side mostly listened to and we saw how many players left. If they listened only to one side it'd be even worse, killer or survivor.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    Options
    It will increase

While some killers certainly do want the game to devolve into 4k only matchups - I firmly believe that the majority of killer suggestions are bent on making the game far more volatile and a lot less safe, while survivors often are the more stabilizing element in a debate, who crave certainty and absolutes that give them an advantage.

I firmly believe that if you want to make the game less stale, you listen to the killers - if you want to make the game more stable, listen to survivors.

Generally, of course.

I believe that if the game was a bit more chaotic and had a bit more reliance on skill and luck in the future, more people would find themselves addicted to lining up in que for the next trial.

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326
    Options
    It will decrease

It would be a really bad idea to give either side too much control. It'd completely derail the game's already shaky balance.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,730
    edited May 2022
    Options
    It will decrease

Isn't this poll a bit off, what works for a game is examining both sides and making things fair and enjoyable for both, right?

Like we all have this one thing we think BHVR could do to make us happy, but I see tons of Ideas here on these forums which would make me want to leave. So in reality we want BHVR to analyze our feelings about a part of their game and then make it more acceptable.

So why would Killer Mains have the monopoly on Good Ideas here? These sorta assumptions are bad. Unproductive. Naughty brain.

Post edited by Emeal on
  • Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452
    Options
    It will decrease

If you only listen to one side, either side, the game dies.

Cough Deathgarden cough.

• Inferno427
    Inferno427 Member Posts: 232
    Options
    It will decrease

A killer focused year would absolutely kill the game, ironically. Like yeah, there's a lot I'd change about killer but a year without anything for survivor would dry up the survivor player pool.

Can't play a killer game without 4 survivors

If something is Innconciebaly unbalanced for the survivor side during that year, there'd be no fixing it because killers would be happy.