If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Do you think that Dredge will conquer meta?

Options
Wampirita
Wampirita Member Posts: 807

I summon everyone who tried out this killer, and also those who played him more than just giving him a try.

I didn't play him, and I don't plan on doing it, but I'm curious of your opinions.

Do you think it has a chance of sharing the throne with Nurse and Blight, or will it be just a typical 2-week hype killer that will die out quickly.

Do you think it needs buffs? nerfs?

Do you think it's gameplay style will be something survivors will be able to quickly adapt to?

Comments

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 8,850
    Options

I haven't played him, but rom what I saw and the depending on the changes he gets to nightfall that have already been confirmed by another dev he could easily be an A tier killer. I don't think he has enough going for him to be S with Blight and Nurse, but he'll be a good killer for certain.

Personally outside of the Nightfall issues, I don't think he needs any changes.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,023
    Options

In my opinion dredge is an A tier killer, he checks all the boxes, he has map pressure, anti loop, a somewhat stealth ability once they get it fixed to work properly, and he doesn't feel frustrating to play as vs a swf group, he's right up there with spirit and blight in my book but nurse will always be on her own level because of her ability to ignore any normal safety for survivors.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

No, he's going to be solidly 'B' tier. Possibly high B, but the lack of a decent chase power means that he has the Wraith problem - easy hits on engage, but the follow up is going to be tricky.

Plus, his perks are...honestly, really bad - unless I'm missing something.

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842
    Options

A tier for sure.

Good mobility, Good antiloop, good map pressure.

Dredge chases on average are gonna be too long to make them S tier but if survivors play inefficiently it's gonna hurt because you can only keep Dredge at bay with locked lockers for so long but still very beatable by a well coordinated team.

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370
    Options

My dude people will quite quickly realize that he is great at shutting down loops but while he does that he is way slower than survivors so all they have to do is hold w to the next loop and stay clear of nearby lockers.

Hell, even teleporting to lockers should be a distance lose for dredge unless he does it when survivors dont have vision of him or when its nightfall. You just double back as soon as you see him dissapear and he takes a big L.

He could be really good with nightfall but again its apparently bugged and we dont know what nightfall is actually supposed to look like.

So in conclusion, great vs noobs that doesnt understand how the killer works and try to loop him. Pretty meh vs decent survivors but still kinda ok as he currently is. Might be a lot better with nightfall.

• Dead_Harder
    Options

Thing about artist is that her skill floor for actually being good is higher than nurses skill ceiling. People dont play her because its too much effort and not enough reward.

Dunno why more people dont play twins though. Despite their game play flaws like switching between them taking too long and hooking survivors not always being realistic, they are a blast to play. And insanely good at downing survivors and snowballing. Not especially hard to play as well.

• TruEternity
    TruEternity Member Posts: 320
    Options

No, not even close to meta changing. His locker teleport is very telegraphed. Dredge’s teleport back to his husk can be avoided similar to Artist and other survivors can destroy it easily. Dredge is a decent killer, but I wouldn’t put him anywhere near Nurse or Blight.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

I think survivors will pretend he does, just as they have done with Artist.

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184
    Options

So personally he is fun and I definitely had the wrong impression on him. However, I don't think he's meta changing. He is very fun and a pretty good killer, honestly he's what Sadako SHOULD HAVE BEEN. He however has some flaws which don't need to be fully ironed out. For example he has the HUGE speed decline while in teleportation mode but its understandable. He should get minor buffs but when maps get balanced hopefully one day then maybe they can revisit and tweak him down.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options

Not S tier, but it fits in mid A tier

• Dead_Harder
    Options

My dude he is in PTB. This is the time to tweak him down. Why are you pushing him in the dust bin and saying we'll get to him when we get to him lol

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,168
    Options

Would have been nice to test the killer without being bugged in the ptb. So I guess we'll have to wait for release to see.