SO ABOUT THE DOCTOR . . .

Options
AshInTheTallGrass
AshInTheTallGrass Member Posts: 1,669

What do you think of him?

SO ABOUT THE DOCTOR . . . 35 votes

Love playing as/against him
34%
MiriamGLeonardo1itaWampiritaCLB198CheeseAntonGuiltiiGazgemauchImAJoke264Bennett_They1ThemDredgenWar237Erendriel_00BigFatAl 12 votes
He's annoying/boring. I don't like playing as/against him.
2%
AshInTheTallGrass 1 vote
He's OP!!!!!! NERF NOW!
0%
He's weak AF!!!!!! BUFF NOW!
5%
GibberishIlliterateGenocide 2 votes
My opinion is complex. Depends on perks, add-ons, my mood, map, etc.
31%
gneheheBlazelskiHellraisingPredatorsteponmeadirisdarkcloudlinkGannTMtheblimpLekitzulBothSidesEnjoyerHitariqnyun 11 votes
I like his cosmetics
0%
I hate his cosmetics
0%
I actually have a few of these opinions (and if I feel like it, I'll tell you in the comments)
8%
ChurchofPigAdjathaMewishis 3 votes
I don't really care either way
8%
tenoresaxChikyFridayNightPizza 3 votes
I'm just here for the comments
8%
lilsweetrollViktor1853JonathanByers 3 votes

Comments

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814
    edited May 2022
    Options
    I actually have a few of these opinions (and if I feel like it, I'll tell you in the comments)

He's fun to play and his madness effect is one of the best parts of the game. He's got great addons and several fun builds you can run on him. He really only has two big problems:

1) His shocks do not validate correctly. Just like Plague's puke magically not getting anyone sick, you will hit a survivor, they will scream, then they will go ahead and vault/throw the pallet anyway. His power needs to kick in the SPLIT SECOND that shock hits. Not 1-2 seconds later.

2) Making skill checks harder works on new players and does not work on experienced players, giving Madness far less usefulness the higher up you go in MMR. Madness (and, in fact, ALL skill checks) need to scale with MMR to provide a consistent level of difficulty. New players should get easier skill checks to compensate for their inexperience. Pro players need to get nightmare skill checks that go super fast with almost no warning and bounce around wildly or whatever.

• BigFatAl
    BigFatAl Member Posts: 43
    Options
    Love playing as/against him

He was the first killer I used to score a perfect game. Although I have to admit it most had to do with three Megs unintentionally herding themselves in the basement.

• NumiYumi
    NumiYumi Member Posts: 10
    Options

Pretty much my first main killer. He is not op, but also isn't really weak. Sometimes he can be annoying but overall - nice killer. Definitely better than facing Nurse and Blight over and over again.

• Mewishis
    Mewishis Member Posts: 305
    Options

He's an alright information killer his anti loop is a bit buggy and inconsistent though and I think he needs some QoL improvements. When I play against doctors, either I loop him for a long time, which is ironic considering his kit or he destroys my team because they get downed extremely quickly for who knows why.

A killer who profits off of solo survivors and survivors who make lots of mistakes, but bad against survivors who know how to play against him. I have yet to see a doctor player able to altogether cancel out loops, so it's always a coin toss on whether my team knows how to counter him and doesn't drop every pallet. Because his anti-loop doesn't slow you down, (at least I don't think it does, and if it does it's pretty not noticeable) it slows him down so most of the time if it's a longer loop you can still greed the pallets.

• Lekitzul
    Lekitzul Member Posts: 495
    Options
    My opinion is complex. Depends on perks, add-ons, my mood, map, etc.

I don't mind playing against him. I appreciate killers who through how you play off, for example Pinhead/Freddie. They're actually my favorites to play against. The doctor is fun because he messes with you doing gens, or helping others, or hiding. But for some reason I run into a lot of newbie doctors who face camp. :/ But if they are thought out and you can tell the killer has experience, they can be really fun. One of my most memorable rounds is against a dr.