Just played my first Clown games in a while...

Options
Bennett_They1Them
Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513
edited May 2022 in Off-topic

I know that the bottles are used for chase, but why are the survivors acting like they got intoxicated irl?

I'm playing clown without iri finger. You don't need to tbag for any reason.

Like, I still have a knife.

Also, people DC constantly, it's hilarious.

Comments

• D_Witness_to_Morbius
    D_Witness_to_Morbius Member Posts: 7
    Options

You have described the average Clown experience.

• Lekitzul
    Lekitzul Member Posts: 495
    Options

I honestly just wish his haste bottle had a use. :/ It seems like too much effort to setup.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

His haste bottle is useful for a couple of things

• If you see a survivor at long range, you can throw the yellow gas toward them and by the time you get to it you’ll get the boost. This is a more reliable method than trying to slow them down at long range since it doesn’t require you to accurately throw the bottle to exactly where they are running and don’t have to worry about them dodging around the gas.
    • At dropped pallets that you can throw bottles and loop around them you can toss a yellow gas across the pallet and loop toward it. The survivor will not be able to stay in the cloud to get the benefit since you’ll reach them before it activates, and if they try to loop you’ll get a speedboost midway there to possibly hit them before they can get all the way to the pallet drop. Or if they start to loop and then break off to another tile, for instance, you can still potentially get the speed boost to catch them before they transition.
    • If you have one bottle left and are about to pick someone up to carry them to a hook you can drop the yellow gas right before you pick them up. This will give you extra speed on the carry, it’s kind of like getting Agitation for free (or if you have Agitation it even stacks with that and you can move super quick on the carry.)

So there’s definitely good uses for the yellow gas, it just takes a little practice to get in the mindset to use it in those situations.

• Lekitzul
    Lekitzul Member Posts: 495
    Options

That's a good way to think about it, you just kinda got to think ahead.

• vanGlasse1
    vanGlasse1 Member Posts: 291
    Options

gotta love a good Clown game