Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Should DbD have a perk ban system?

ImAJoke264
ImAJoke264 Member Posts: 163

The Ban system would be like R6, the killer gets to ban a perk, and survivors get to ban a perk, this would happen during the lobby, before the countdown starts. This system would allow the devs to see what perk is most annoying to killers and survivors, and wether or not they should be nerfed or buffed

Should DbD have a perk ban system? 69 votes

Yes
20%
Seiko300kodiakymusstang62Mattie_MayhemOGlilsweetrollPSPDyingWish92HitariThe_first_ghostSk8flyerTOAMetronixJinxedzeemgeem 14 votes
No
72%
Mat_SellaAven_FallenBlazelskiTaigaMelodys_Rhythmblackfoxx_xHellraisingPredatorEmeal[Deleted User]ValikTatariuHannonRavenTheWraithAwkward_FiendcheetocultleaderCluelessbrubliChurchofPigbm33TeabaggingGhostface 50 votes
Alternative (please specify)
7%
AGMMrCalac123BothSidesEnjoyershivermetimbersqnyun 5 votes

Comments

• AGM
    AGM Member Posts: 806
    Alternative (please specify)

I mean, if it did have this kind of system it would have to be EXTREMELY well thought out and complex to the point of almost not being worth it. The first problem is why does the killer only get to ban 1, but the survivors can each ban 1? And if that's not what you mean, then how do the survivors decide what perk to ban as a whole, especially if they can't communicate? And then what happens if they each vote on a different perk? And say they do decide on a perk, what if the killer was going to bring that perk? Do they just not get a 4th perk? Or do you waste everyone's time with a "pre-lobby" where you go through the perk ban system before getting to the real lobby?

All in all it just seems like more trouble than it's worth.

• Mazoobi
    Mazoobi Member Posts: 1,564

I don't think it would be necessary if perks were more balanced.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108
    No

Tbh not the best idea

• ImAJoke264

I said this ban system would happen before the 1 minute countdown, and also all survivors vote on one perk, if it’s a tie then one of those ties is randomly chosen, when the survivors ban a killer perk that the killer was going to use, then the killer slot will be empty in the load out screen and another perk can be put there. Also if you say a pre- lobby is a waste of time, then your also saying that R6’s banning pre-screen is a waste of time, which it isnt

• ImAJoke264

And that would give the devs info on what perks are being banned the most, and tweak them so they don’t. Killers ban DH the most, then DH needs to be nerfed. NOED is banned the most, then NOED needs to be nerfed

• ImAJoke264

Well the devs don’t always have to take a look at the ban rates each month and then immediately tweak the perk, they don’t have to do anything to it at all

• Chiky
    Chiky Member Posts: 746

let's face it, if it had, DH would be perma banned...

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866
    No

I think reworking the meta is a way better decision, which is what they're planning on doing.

• MaxFiGuy
    MaxFiGuy Member Posts: 56
    No

It needs a perk balance system. Very old perks are still core meta (and rightfully so).

At this point, I think core mechanics in DBD greatly incentivize the meta perks rather than other perks just being too weak. Bond and Empathy are pretty decent, but more experienced players could give up having that information to instead have Dead Hard. Brutal Strength speeds up damaging/destroying, but Gen Regression is so much better...etc.

• ImAJoke264

It’s one of two of perks that can Mori a survivor without a offering. And the only perk that allows you to Mori all survivors.

• GannTM
    No

Not good reasoning. A killer has to put in so much work to get that and it can be cleansed before it even has a chance to unlock its exposed part. If it’s not a balanced perk, idk what is.

• ImAJoke264

no, the killer doesn’t have to put much work in to get it, you hook, walk away, and get your token, and you only have to do this 3 times for exposed, and 5 times for an insta-kill. Protecting it and RNG placement is hard work though, but you could say that for all Hex’s. Catching the survivor is the hardest part, but your already doing that.

• GannTM
    No

Yeah the killer has to do the complete opposite of what the survivors hate, which is going away from the hook, to get value out of it, now you're complaining about the perk? I guess some things will never satisfy some of you people.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096
    No

this isnt a competitive game like that

• Metronix
    Metronix Member Posts: 226
    Yes

I love this idea, that is good aproach. Recognizing "OP" Perks would be very easy, as they would get banned every single time, it would finally destroy the idea of Meta in this game (my personal opinion is that using the same abilities over and over is pretty boring, especially when the game is repetitive itself), I would even increase the number of banned perks to four for each side, especially since there are so many.

Of course there would be the need for other changes, but again, of all the things I've seen so far this is a very good idea.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    No

Wouldn't be a problem if they made perks reasonably balanced - which should take all of 2 employees 1 week of preparing for a presentation, 2-3 meetings, and a quick rollout.

Most of the changes to OP and UP perks could be done overnight to make the perk game more competitive and interesting.

Some overhauls and big changes can be put in place to turn dead perks into vivacious ones... and Broken perks into common ones.

TL;DR:

IF THE PERKS WERE DONE RIGHT IN THE FIRST PLACE THIS WOULD NOT BE NEEDED