The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

NOED experiment

ImAJoke264
ImAJoke264 Member Posts: 163

Just like my DH experiment, I played 50 games as survivor and 31/50 killers had NOED. Could just be bad luck, but I really think this perk is overused and needs to be nerfed.

Comments

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,607

Current Rift has an Exposed challenge, might be that?

• TMNoThumbs
    TMNoThumbs Member Posts: 120

I would be okay with a noed nerf. I honestly don't think its that strong outside of late game builds.

• Maxitolliony
    Maxitolliony Member Posts: 112
    edited May 2022

noed is horrible and i agree it should be nerfed since it makes bad players lazy and rewards bad players. but i also want dh nerfed. i should not be shoved or have to waste so much more time in a chase when pallets, loops and sandbagging/taking hits is a thing.

dh is so broken in so many ways as noed is annoying when the killers does nothing the whole game and then slug 4ks in end game.

i repeat i never use dh and noed unless i legit have to aka no other perks to use since i try to p3 all killers/survs.

i think dh is a garbage perk like noed. it rewards horrible players and give them a cheesy win in a chase.

i am not stupid they are not broken. noed can be cleaned and you can bait dh its just the annoyance is why i hate them. you have 0 hooks and you need to get a hook but the person dead hards to a pallet or wall or something and now you have to chase even more. NOT EVEN THAT ADRLINE AVOIDS EXHAUST. so you can dh and ad pop and boom you are now long gone with dh dodge and ad full health and speedboost.

dh and ad combined is braindead and should not be a thing. its like how you used to be able to combo dh and sprint burst and the surv would be accross the map and you had to give up the chase and waste your time going for a healthy surv and get looped again and 5 gens are gone and you have 0 hooks.

edit: added note i am a god tier surv player who have been rank 1 so many times. i legit have gone games where i have not got hit once no i never get to use dh. good survs use something else instead of dh since you actually need ot get hit to use it. me and others don't ever get hit and why its useless. less value and it does nothing since its a ez counter.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,583
    edited May 2022

Played several hours as survivor today, one single NOED. (From a very very weak, camping, insidious/no way out Trickster.)

(Still got two kills : one because the team didn't realize what he was doing after the first occurrence, one because of NOED gave him an additional down)

NOED is fine.

PS: I fully expected NOED, I just didn't care.

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333

And how many boil over sabo squad have you seen? And how many navy seal swf? Because killers here want to balance the game doing at least 3k against them with trapper

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093

I kept stats in 275+ survivor matches, and NOED was run in 13% of them. 62% seems like you were exceptionally unlucky.

For the record, I don't run NOED when I play killer, and when I get hit by NOED as a survivor, it can be frustrating, but escape (or at least most of your team escaping) isn't impossible, so I have no dog in the NOED fight.

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

Number of games with NOED, from an DBD data aggregate site.

• RisingTron
    RisingTron Member Posts: 508

NOED is gonna get nerfed. I feel it in my bones.

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209

I'm convinced a killer player has irrevocably hurt you.

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209

Why not just reference the data released directly by BHVR across all games?

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

That's true too, I forgot they did that recently. lol.

• Yankus
    Yankus Member Posts: 638

Only 5 percent of killers use noed at higher mmr so if you are at the lowest possible mmr

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695

I think it might be one of the meta perks that will get changed this summer.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

I like NOED, I use it very little because well I don't usually need it, unless I'm making a more meme build and I want a lil something else in my back pocket or I'm making an endgame build. Also the inevitable exposed challenge.

I like facing NOED as survivor because even the most dull one sided games can be interesting in the endgame when its in play. Its a big threatening finale that makes the endgame exciting, kinda like a proper survival horror.

I've never felt "robbed" of an escape by NOED because it's just part of the game and until I'm out the door anything can happen. I think the only people who go on about feeling robbed by NOED are just sore losers who expected to escape in the endgame and didn't.

Its an empty perk for the entire game, it doesn't proc until the survivor objective is complete and it can be countered pretty quickly if survivors have even half decent awareness while playing. I'd say most games NOED gets maybe 1-2 kills value max unless the survivors are really careless and get themselves all slugged.

I can see why people got pissy about ebony moris, getting mori'd in 2 mins, your eliminated in no time and with ever longer survivor queues that's kinda crappy.

But for NOED you play a whole game of DBD before NOED even comes into play, only getting eliminated in the very endgame if it works. I don't get what kind of expectant entitled player you have to be to get angry and cry for nerfs over death in the very endgame due to a perk, as a team, you should have expected and been able to counter with a just lil game sense.

• RisingTron
    RisingTron Member Posts: 508

I get plenty of NOED users and ik for a fact I'm not at the "lowest possible" MMR lmao. NOED is a free perk on every killer that gets you free downs why do y'all act like nobody's using it lmao

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,232

Except this contradicts both unofficial and unofficial data. Even at the lowest level not even a quarter of killers are using NOED. At high MMR it's practically no one.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Experiment or observation?

Experiments test the effect of one variable upon another via manipulation, whereas observational studies simply collect data according to what can be seen or heard.

• ImAJoke264
    ImAJoke264 Member Posts: 163

I guess I do have bad luck, but 275+ is way more than 50. I don’t hate the person that runs it, I just hate how much I run into it. And I agree that not all killers get 4ks or 2ks just because of NOED and it isn’t impossible to escape because of it.