As a Veteran player, I am extremely concerned about the perk reworks.

Options
2»

Comments

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752
    Options

You know that people who are rescued with BT really need to do that to be able to get the speed burst from it to get to a loop.

There are a lot of Killers that tunnel-off-hook-till dead and BT is needed to try and get away from it. Plus, the unhooker is usually injured, so it gives the unhooker a slight chance also.

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333
    Options

You have 2 killers that are disgusting game breaking because of few death squad swf

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,634
    Options

But it feels a lot less frustrating, tbh. Except for mid-chase 99 plays it doesn't feel as annoying to deal with as Dead Hard

• Munqaxus
    Options

Lithe, Balanced Landing and Overcome all work mid-chase, so that's not the issue Killers have with Dead Hard.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,759
    Options

I've said this before but I'll say it again here: I will not be spending any more money on this game other than the auric cells I already have until they announce what these changes will be. I am not even someone who sticks to the meta, I do not use Dead Hard, Iron Will, Unbreakable, and only bring out Decisive and Borrowed Time when I've been seeing a lot of campers or I need to complete certain challenges. I am a solo survivor. I do want the meta to change but if they are going to nerf a bunch of good perks to near uselessness and only marginally improve weaker perks then I will no longer be playing this game.

I also did not see NOED mentioned yet as far as changes go and if that perk remains untouched while perks like Iron Will and Spine Chill get nerfed, I'm done.

This might seem like I'm being overly negative but I really don't think so. I think the devs can pull off a shake up of the meta but I would be very surprised if there weren't a few very unfortunate changes made and I need to see what happens.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,738
    Options

Literally your first 4 sentences is exactly why they're doing this. Also the meta isn't 40 perks, only like 10-15 (MAX). So they're going to buff some weaker perks and nerf the meta, at least that's their end goal, we'll see if that happens. After all, Ruin was nerfed at the beginning of 2020 because it was so strong and overused and they just managed to make it, at least as far as I'm concerned, stronger.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    Options

Please. There's a loop every three feet in this game. Using your off the hook invincibility to keep your friend from taking a hit is gonna get you put on the ground. If I'm feeling ornery you're going back on the hook as well.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,634
    Options

Lithe is actually harmful to looping.

Overcome can be negated through keeping people injured.

Balanced is very situational.

Dead Hard is adaptable and frustrating and feels like you've been robbed of a hit.

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333
    Options

I think they won’t rework noed, and they will kill survs meta. Probably they will do small changes to killer perks (40 secs to use pop or something like that). And I’m 100% sure kicking a gen would regress the gen more than now, and they will say it’s fair because it makes killers go to the gens and camp less

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,533
    Options

I would like to see the base game get changed first

Make base regression .50 and disable the regression perks for a week (give or take) and see if that makes much difference... cause that's seems to be the thing all Killer players want (but I can be wrong)

BT has made risky saves possible (and bodyblocking)... DS is in a good place now (IMO)... then again Survivors do have other perks that help but they can't compare to what we see

At this point it's more about the base game rather then perks (again IMO)

• Icaurs
    Icaurs Member Posts: 542
    Options

DH is a balanced perk, it just depends on the killer. For example DH against a wraith? Obviously overpowered. But against a nurse, spirit or blight? Or even a doctor with high stim, and iridescent queen? No I would say it's fair if not needed. This is the issue with changing the meta. The meta is only overpowered half the time? Due to the massive power difference between strong and weak killers. And killers with strong addons. I am concerned that these perk changes win't consider that.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885
    Options

I NEVER body block with BT because if the one rescuing me wants to play dangerous then they can have it I'm getting the heck out of dodge. Also where is the unhooker usually injured? In 95% of BT saves I have seen the unhooker is full health and stay that way, the only times they are injured is when they run up while the killer is still there so it's their fault for getting injured.

BT is a anti tunnel perk not a save my buddy from a hit perk. It's like the arguments about the DS change, players complain that they can't do anything without it deactivating DS but if your doing anything other than running from the Killer then your not getting tunneled so you don't need DS.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885
    Options

Dont forget Balanced Landing is also buggy as hell since it can activate from a drop as small as 2ft lol.

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,408
    Options

My last comment was deleted for no reason so I'll just state I wouldn't worry too much. Many of the perk changes have been positive and less used perks have been used more often. We need a big shake up to keep some of the matches fresh from the standard meta.

• chatgiraffe
    chatgiraffe Member Posts: 113
    Options

I've seen a lot of players who talk about the counterplay to deadhard being "just wait it out" but not a single one who has said anything about what to do when DH is being used in a loop or for distance.

Coincidence?!??!?!?!???!??!?!?!!

• AGM
    AGM Member Posts: 806
    Options

I think the idea of seeing more perk variety in the future is what has gone over well, but many people are also concerned that their favorite perks will be changed for seemingly no reason, and that so many perks will be changed at once that it will be impossible for BHVR to keep up with the feedback and/or course correct. If you gradually announced some changes in the later stages of their progress, similarly to what was done with Object of Obsession or what Almo did recently with the new Pig trap mechanics, I think you'd help put the community more at ease, and also help gather feedback one chunk at a time, instead of after it's already too late and you're left scrambling to fix it. Just my two cents.

Because I do like the idea of seeing more perk variety, but I'm pretty darn worried about what perks and game mechanics will be changed and how.

• Nobsyde
    Nobsyde Member Posts: 1,288
    Options

I hope Iron Will gets the same treatment as Lucky Break: no sound while injured, but on a timer that lasts 2 minutes or however long.

...hopefully between the "small changes" to accomodate the nerf of meta perks there won't be something like "when an injured survivor is in a chase, they don't make any sound" lol

• Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513
    Options

it's different because those perks all have activation requirements.

DH is an on-demand extra health state/distance.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,092
    Options

Very true. A huge pain point with DH is that the value is much easier to quantify.

• BaschFonRonsenburg
    BaschFonRonsenburg Member Posts: 306
    Options

I’ve been saying this forever: if you have borrowed time it’s six seconds of not having collision, not endurance for 12 or w/e

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130
    Options

The only thing that concerns me is it will be an overall killer buff. If history is anything to go by, survivors will get nerfed from the meta changes.

Killers shouldn't have built-in gen regression.

• emetSdidnothingwrong
    emetSdidnothingwrong Member Posts: 289
    Options

Going to call you out and say you are not a veteran player of this game; you complain about NOED which is a perk that is well known for being mediocre at best while also saying DH is healthy for the game? Yeah no way man, you sound like someone who is just worried that their crutches are going to be taken away and I say that as someone who never takes DH off, it is absolutely a crutch and absolutely busted overpowered.

• Verconissp
    Verconissp Member Posts: 1,573
    Options

You Lost Me At Dead Hard..

I've been playing this game for 5 or so years, and not ONCE in my life have i said that "Dead hard is balanced =)"

No, it's a unhealthy perk and it needs to be removed and or hard nerfed, it's bs on how much freebies it gives a survivor on a pallet or window,

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

You can't just nerf the perks and only "slightly" change the base game.

What are you going to do about gen speed? Survivors attention span is way too short to increase the time. At least that's what i gather from all the "it's boring" posts whenever someone brings it up.

What are you going to do about camping? The only solution requires drastic changes like making hooks work like Pyramid cages. perhaps replace hooks with offering pits and the entity dangles the survivor on a random part of the map from a hook.

Small changes will not cut it if you remove all the band aid perks bhvr made to cover these issues.

Survivors have other options besides the meta perks, they just never take them because it requires luck or team work to make them work.

What do killers have, Monstrous shrine? Their perks either do nothing useful, or have so many requirements that they are useless or even harmful to take.

• Megmain80
    Megmain80 Member Posts: 138
    Options

I’m just setting my expectations low so maybe I won’t be disappointed that the perks I like to use will become worthless. I’m fine with the meta as is including DH.

• CORENdot
    CORENdot Member Posts: 28
    Options

It will eventually happen the same, a very narrow meta will appear. My best guess is that the "disbalance or staleness" comes from the open build system.

I would love to see something like how GWENT does the deck build system translated into DBD:

• Survivors 100 max build points, Meta Killers as Nurse 80 max build points, Non Meta Killers as Clown 120 max build points.
    • Then each perk, addon / item and offering has a "point cost" to be equipped. Limit cannot be exceeded.
    • DH / NOED... high point cost (40 per example) and other not strong perks cost less having now their place as fillers of remaining points.

But i understand a long term change like this can be risky.

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,353
    Options

If you adjusted values in the game, i.e gen repair/regression then killers would'nt need to run as much regression and stomp surv perks. ergo Survs wouldn't need so many 3rd chances.

• Munqaxus
    Options

Can you imagine all the Killer-sided slowdown perks that will need to be nerfed if they adjust gen speeds. I think half or more of Killer perks are slowdown perks now.

• Munqaxus
    Options

I think I'm going to call you out about NOED being mediocre. NOED is an amazing perk. There are amazing builds and synergies with NOED. It pretty much a requirement for face-camping builds. And, killers will randomly throw NOED into their builds, not because it has synergizes, but because it's so good.

Also, just look at the developers usage chart at high levels. Killers at high levels of play use it significantly.

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,353
    Options

Still a lower number than the 40+ they are doing, which won't change how the game is played.

• Freddy96
    Freddy96 Member Posts: 767
    Options

Then what's the reason of nerfing dead hard? Survivors just wanna win, that'd be dreadful if they didnt want to play with urban evasion or garbage slippery meat.

If you want to win you play nurse as it is right now, if you wanna have fun you play other killers. Just like survivors can have fun with flashbang and smash hit instead of dead hard

• Freddy96
    Freddy96 Member Posts: 767
    Options

Basically you're introducing inflation in dbd? Make low quality stuff more appealing by making high quality stuff garbage

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,961
    Options

I agree with most of what OP said. I'd like to rant say more about this when we get closer to it if I have the time, but for now... a meta nuke is a terrible idea for a game like this.

And not a single person should be looking forward to these reworks given the track record the devs have when it comes to perk design. Just look at 90% of their perk reworks, Jonah, Yoichi, and Haddie if you need any proof that the devs still have no idea what they're doing when it comes to making decent perks.

• sasnayahdrezka
    sasnayahdrezka Member Posts: 132
    Options

they already buffed so many perks but no one cares until dh exists. just look at its pick rate.

• TomTheSequel
    TomTheSequel Member Posts: 58
    Options

Please don't nerf IW. SoloQ is hard enough without it.

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167
    Options

Personally, I'm so bored with the current state of the game changing things up sounds WONDERFUL. I cannot wait for this.

• DyingWish92
    DyingWish92 Member Posts: 768
    Options

That won't do anything. People will still use dead hard and slow down every game.

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425
    Options

I have no hope (hence being a killer main), But I'm curious to see just how much they set things on fire.

• geni
    geni Member Posts: 150
    Options

Why do people keep saying "i think..." instead of waiting and seeing.

Anyways i just want a new experience and this perk rework seems promising.

Plus: iron will is overrated by survivors and killers.

• Turtlesrock
    Turtlesrock Member Posts: 49
    Options

People who say DH is fine never play killer, and the ones who do are prolly low MMR. Most. if not all survivors that swap to killer after hundreds/thousands of survivor hours are generally bad at killer and just use that as their reasoning.. I honestly want someone who is a survivor main that has hundreds/thousands of hours and think DH is fine to go play killer and sink the same time frame into them and get high mmr.