I checked out the archives Yesterday and I wanted to say well done BHVR. (few spoilers)

Options
designator
designator Member Posts: 124
edited May 2022 in General Discussions

After playing some matches last night, I was playing around in the menu and I decided to check out the archives and read some of the Lore and I was very impressed. Not only were most of the memories extremely well-written, I wanted to say that I really appreciate the route BHVR took with making it serious.

It's well known that reading increases empathy among teachers, because it forces us to consider a perspective that isn't our own. With how many younger kids that play this game (even though they technically shouldn't), I'm glad BHVR is encouraging children to read and putting good messages in the game.

For example, I really appreciated Jane's story about how she faced racism in her career, but was afraid to say anything because she did not want to be labeled as a social justice warrior. I was a teenager not too long ago, and I've heard plenty of jokes about social justice warriors and even some people who insisted that they are ruining society, but I've never considered the perspective of someone being afraid to speak out because of it.

I also enjoyed David's narrative, where it is heavily hinted that a homophobic slur causes him to lose his cool. Again, I have heard many homophobic slurs in many online games with voice chat, and I am glad BHVR is using the celebrated characters in this game to encourage people to think about how their words effect other people.

Let's just hope people take the time to check it out and actually read it ;)