Decisive strike should not work with lockers/perk combos

Options
Prex91
Prex91 Member Posts: 764
edited June 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

Like title. Make Bt basekit, and nerf Ds combos/immunity with lockers, Unbreakable, deliverance and so on.

And maybe look at exit gates deactivation (especially problematic until dead hard nerf).

Post edited by Prex91 on

Comments

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,997
    Options

Why?

Like give a real reason why.

Cause its annoying? or what

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,175
    Options

Nah it's countering for tunneling and should be actually stronger and it does not help new players who get tunneled the most.

• Prex91
    Options

I understand, so you guys are not accepting that devs literally said that Willy nerf it, with other perk meta too much used.

• Prex91
    edited May 2022
    Options

Yes, it Is annoyng. And also meta. Devs could fix the problem with game design fix, like bt meta that requires two people. Also devs said they will nerf powerful meta perks (not means decisive Will Be dead I hope), but you guys have to Accept it, is a friendly suggestion.

• Prex91
    Options

I am. Invicivble in locker, with also head on stun and flashbang is bullshit. And perks are bandaids, not a real fix to a problem. Also, you are sayng devs were not serious when they said they will nerf meta? Accept it.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,045
    Options

I get it can be annoying when survivors hop into a locker to force a ds, but like the perk already prevents the survivor from doing much in order to keep it active. So a last ditch effort to try to get buy more time from a killer going after them off hook is fine.

• Prex91
    Options

Man, they will nerf it, doubt they lie. I dont know you guys what nerf are you especting.

• Prex91
    Options
  • IlliterateGenocide
    Options

Alright is DS is a bandaid for Tunneling, Lets make it basekit. its not a perk anymore. how about borrowed time to.

• IlliterateGenocide
    Options

Also they never said nerfs. They said they were looking into why perks are meta.

• Prex91
    Options

Wait, so you are seroiusly thinking they will not rework/nerf meta but buffing it? Are you sure? (Irony)

• IlliterateGenocide
    Options

Who knows, They never said specifally nerfs. they might nerf some meta perks. keep some the same

they never said the 40 perks being will include every meta perk

• Prex91
    Options

No. I am with devs this Time. Bt base kit could be ok, to help with tunnel and proxy camp. But only with then Buff killers, with something like corrupt basekit to compensate (my opinion now, swf are topo strong so like devs said Buff solo but also killers). Ds basekit is too much.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    Options

Nothing helps new players other than time spent playing the game. New players can't even really use DS unless they start by playing Laurie Strode.

• Prex91
    Options

Are you seriuos? They OBVIOISLY said to CHANGE meta they will nerf/rework: Bt, pop, Ds, corrupt, BBQ, self care, pain resonance... And other perks will be balanced in total of 40. I think is easy to understand that to variate they will nerf meta, is BASIC logic.

• IlliterateGenocide
    Options

They still never said nerf. The meta will still be changed if only some of the meta perks are nerfed

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    Options

It's not basic logic, it is a bit more nuanced than simply buff or nerf at this point.

• Prex91
    Options

Sorry man, but I think I am losing my time repeating the same thing. Think like You Want, maybe I am wrong and you are right. I doubt I not understand what they said, and I think you are not accepting things aspetto they are. But know devs they can change idea, not first Time so we will see if you are right, and people magically will remove ds, dead hard, bt amd unbreakable from their builds without a nerf, cause why not.

• Prex91
    edited May 2022
    Options

Man I dont know, but honesty for example I dont think anybody will take dead hard off their builds if devs dont nerf it ore release other 4 perks more broken then that. And I hope that will never happen for this game to stay alive, no broken perks for both sides. Or we will see a drop worst then MMR + COH launch, but that's utopistic, devs will never kill the game like this. But I am surprise like some people are not accepting this meta is bad for game health, with people quitting they will bully bots. But I understand bad players have only meta perks hope to carry them.

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,197
    Options

Why nerf it? Don't tunnel the survivor that has literally just been unhooked and jumps into a locker then. It's not that hard and if you see it and still decide to go after that survivor instead of someone else, that's on you. It's common sense.

The reason so many survivors use BT and DS is because of all the face-camping and hard-tunneling. A killer like bubba can still easily down someone with BT. And to say that these perks are carrying survivors, well the same goes for those face-campers and hard-tunneling killers. If they were more skilled they wouldn't need to use those strats.

But for new players facing strong killers or ones from higher MMR (which often happens), they will get crushed without some decent perks. You cannot call someone bad at the game when they've barely had the chance to learn the game.

Also perks like Head-on and Flashbang are the goofy and more fun, non-sweaty perks, which require some conditions to be met and need to be timed well to be used properly. Like at least they're not gen-rushing you. If you're even complaining about the fun ones, maybe you need to take a break from playing killer? Or don't take it so seriously.. it's just a game dude.

• FeelsBadMan
    FeelsBadMan Member Posts: 570
    Options

Don't tunnel - there u go ez DS counter. Seriously how hard can it be to go for the UNHOOKER instead of the recently unhooked person?

• catkillsmouse
    catkillsmouse Member Posts: 244
    edited May 2022
    Options

Make DS base kit and on the flipside noed without the hex totem More fun this way.

• gnehehe
    gnehehe Member Posts: 510
    Options

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Viskod
    Viskod Member Posts: 854
    Options

The only time I've been DS'd by a locker grab is when a survivor does a rushed action into one knowing I'm nearby to specifically try to trick me grabbing them and getting DS'd.

I pretty much only ever see DS used by survivors who try to trick me into activating it.

• Icaurs
    Icaurs Member Posts: 542
    Options

Why... DS is designed to stop tunnelling. If you are getting hit by it then it is working as intended. If its such as massive issue for you maybe you should stop tunnelling?

• Viskod
    Options

Hardly. People who take it want to use it, and they will go out of their way to try to trick you into getting stunned by it.

Getting stunned by DS just means you've picked up or locker grabbed someone who has it active, the idea that all of these people were just holding W for their lives trying to get away from the hook to have a chance to do a generator or heal and that the killer was "tunneling" is absurd.

Like Dead Hard, you just have to assume that everyone has it because a lot of survivors try to trick you into activating it.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

If someone runs into a locker and you grab them and they use Decisive Strike on you, that means the survivor did absolutely nothing else of substance since they got off the hook. They didn't touch any gens, they didn't heal anyone including themselves, and they didn't touch any totems. So yeah, they were running around doing nothing for 30 second to a minute, that Decisive Strike is really honestly a sign you're probably facing an unproductive survivor. It's not exactly an overpowered technique.

• Prex91
    Options

I cant imagine so much mix of entitlement can manifest in this post, where I simply gave a suggestion of what a nerf/rework of the perk can be, cause devs already said they will nerf/rework all the mets perks, and look at core design problems (like tunneling if needed). But there is a mix of educate response, focusing on ds vs tunneling problems, but rejecting the big possibility of a ds change exist. And then some not civil entitlement individual that will do anything to defend their little toy petk that carry them, cause bullyng noobs fearing learn to play instead of press E for distance. I dont really want to think about poor devs tryng to make their best to balance am asymmetric, and if really metà will Be nerfed (and hope camp and genrushing fix) I will laugh when entitlement survivor will eat take Off their hairs from their heads. Costructive dialogue with some individuals are impossibile, they are too much of a part.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,698
    Options

Why?

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,217
    edited May 2022
    Options

If the survivors argument against this is "They're doing literally nothing to progress the game for a full minute", why is slugging them and coming back later any worse? Like a player affected by DS can't positively impact the game at all. They absolutely can. They can get healed, bodyblock, or get healthy and far from the killer if they're on death hook, take a chase with the killer and purposely get downed even after the killer hooks someone else.

That's what DS is for, not jumping into a damn locker because you're invulnerable in it for a minute.

I'd be fine with a 5 second free BT if DS deactivated upon lockers and when touching gates. Why doesn't touching a gate disable it anyway? That's a pretty clear example of progressing the game.

• Prex91
    Options

Cause I assume that devs said on anniversary nerfing meta perks, included the most used they mentioned, means they will touch DS. Maybe I they will change their mind.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,698
    Options

You wont change their mind like that, they will also ask Why.

• Prex91
    edited May 2022
    Options

I can repeat, I already said that. Top 3 survivor perk used, no variaty in build especially at high MMR. People literally carried by perks. Meta is boring, people are lefting the game, especially killers after COH. Game is state, needs fresh. And Ds is a baindaid fix to tunnel, devs better can search other way to fix design issues then full loadouts of second chances. People have morbous attachment to broken stuff, not understanding is the worst for the game, and not possibile at almost 2023, 6 Years ago game is impossibile for modern game standards. I am nobody to suggest to move one, I say Accept devs decusions, cause devs had almost always do It, no matter what. Then they fix to balance. Aldo to finish, enter locker in front of killer and be immune is stupid.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,205
    Options

If I understand what you are saying : you want that a survivor getting into a locker loses DS?

Absolutely not : DS is meant to prevent tunneling and is almost perfect as it is.

(The almost being for some corner cases that are too tricky to judge and pretty irrelevant anyway.)

• Icaurs
    Icaurs Member Posts: 542
    Options

I don't think you understand the point of DS. It is not to stop tunnelling. If it did then it needs a massive buff, because most tunnelling killers just take it and keep tunnelling. It exists to make killers think every survivor has it.

Also how are they tricking you? It's your responsibility as a killer to keep track of survivors. Who and when they were unhooked. It is only active for 60 seconds. That is very short. It just sounds like you want to tunnel but are scared of ds. So the perk works

• Prex91
    edited May 2022
    Options

But it seems you dont understand the parte where devs will nerf/rework the most used perk. But in reality you understand well I think, simply you dont Accept meta perks changes. Bored to repeat.

• ArchAbhor
    ArchAbhor Member Posts: 831
    Options

Were you not around for old ds? Its already been nerfed plenty. Its no longer abusable. If a survivor hides in a locker to avoid getting tunneled they arnt doing gens. There are plenty of counters to this locker play. Maybe you should be spreading your presence to gens or other survivors instead of forcing a tunnel. I say that as a tactical thing not an anti tunneling thing. The more time you spend trying to force a tunnel the more time the other survivors have to beat you.

If it is getting to the point where you are eating a ds because of a locker play nine times out of ten its too early to be tunneling someone out, or Its so late into the game that if eating that ds is so detrimental then you already lost. Either way Its so much more tolerable now compared to past iterations. Like I said before the best suggestion I have is to play around it and analyze how you spend your time vs how much time you are giving all the survivors.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108
    Options

Remove locker ds, but in return you can use it twice

• Prex91
    edited May 2022
    Options

Yes, I was around from first iteration of ds I think, the one you drop mamy times survivor to make they not ds you. However, the entitlment from some strange people here, obviously literally functional analphabet is clear. These users repetedly suggest me to not tunnel etc, supposing I only play killer (I play both sides, devotion 10) .And that this post, even if I report devs words (they can change their mind) from anniversary streaming sayng they will nerf/rework most used meta perks, they respond to me Ds will not be touched. Not to devs. Do You guys are tryng to convince me, a nobody, instead of talk to devs? Why you stop talking or change argument when I remember you devs words? We will se next ptb.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,205
    Options

The announce about them working on the meta perks has nothing to do with this. For each perk, these changes can be buffs, nerfs or even no change at all (as they haven't finalized it yet). For DS, they could increase or decrease the cooldown, or the stun duration. Making the locker disable the DS doesn't fit the purpose of the perk. They could even make DS base-kit.

• Prex91
    Options

They said they consider Bt but not Ds, we Will see. I doubt they will buff meta perks if they want more variety, that's logic. They can give not inteded buff with rework, it can be. They can always change idea. Personally I hope for Bt and corrupt basekit, and other meta perks little nerfs (dead hard heavy). And I think no locker ds will be meta in case, a 45 seconds ds same, a 30 seconds one way less. A pair of seconds stun less is bad, was bad when bugged. And however I think you are dreaming hope for a Ds buff.

• ArchAbhor
    ArchAbhor Member Posts: 831
    Options

I think you are to caught up in the us vs them stuff. I was genuinely trying to help. My intention was to throw my 2 cents in and maybe offer a different perspective. I'm pretty sure devs dont listen to any 1 person on here, they go off of general consensus if they even want our input. If you think for a second that the devs are going to ignore all the negative feedback on here to your purposed idea then you're fooling yourself. Ds is in a good spot. If you claim to know old DS then you already know this.

• Prex91
    Options

In fact for me Ds is almost fine. Necessary evil vs farming teammates with no bt, ton not die instantly amd reach a loop. What most guys dont accept are devs word on anniversary streaming, suggesting a change of meta try from months now. They can always change idea, no first Time not last, especially after people give them anger. But most time I see them doing things, not considering criticism, then balance things and partially go back after hate and players left. But stupid entitlment is always more loud of dialogue, cause dumb are louds.

• Viskod
    Options

I thought it went without saying that who went into the locker was not in my line of sight.

• nanasi_K9
    nanasi_K9 Member Posts: 501
    Options

JP Official responded that the rocker DS is a cool technique and they will not fix it.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    edited May 2022
    Options

DS 2022: on top of only lasting up to 60 seconds after an unhook; being usable once per trial; requiring a difficult skill check to be hit, deactivating the rest of the match if missed; and now deactivates by making any meaningful game progress, besides opening exit gates.

DbD forum killer mains when it still activates on locker grabs:

• Bot_Salvo88
    Bot_Salvo88 Member Posts: 1,230
    Options

In my opinion it should work with lockers but it should be disabled when exit gates are opened. The game is over but that person gets a free escape because of that. He has a 60 seconds immulity since he gets unhooked so he can mess around and crawl to the exit. I get those people as kills for me when this happens. I have zero tools to counter this, so might as well count that as kill instead of escape. Easy as that

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,114
    Options

A nerf may also be that it won't work after all gens are done anymore. The most use I got out of DS was during EGC or after all gens were finished. I would love that nerf because it would benefit killer who don't tunnel the whole game but are forced to do it in the end.