Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Which Status Effect needs a rework the most?

ThatOneDemoPlayer
ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

Which Status Effect is in your opinion the weakest/strongest and should get buffed/nerfed and why?

Which Status Effect needs a rework the most? 46 votes

Blindness
54%
GibberishSpacingLlamasMat_SellaReikoMoriElikMrPenguinMattie_MayhemOGValikWarcrafter4dugmanIlliterateGenocideAnnoyingNarratorDanyonettaThr_ustChuckLitPSPGazgemauchAurelleBennett_They1Themsizzlingmario4 25 votes
Broken
0%
Deep Wound
17%
Robotfangirl67steponmeadirisdarkcloudlinkN8dog[Deleted User]DredgenWar237Xendritchtliff 8 votes
Endurance
0%
Exhausted
10%
Blueberrymusstang62GlamourousLeviathanWampiritaFaulds 5 votes
Exposed
2%
AnxiousRiddle 1 vote
Haemorrhage
0%
Haste
2%
qnyun 1 vote
Hindered
10%
tenoresaxGreyBigfootDBK1Erendriel_00vanGlasse1 5 votes
Any remaining Status Effect
2%
Tinay 1 vote

Comments

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,061
    Blindness

Blindness really just doesnt do much and is never worth it on its own.

Especially since whenever a Survivor is hooked, a big black bubble thing appears, making the blocking aura pointless.

Blindness and Oblivious should probably be rolled into a single status effect.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

I don't think combining Blindness and Oblivious is needed, Blindness just needs to do what it's supposed to do: make the Survivors go blind.

How? Hide their HUD and make the Red Stain invisible

• Faulds
    Faulds Member Posts: 903
    Exhausted

I think exhausted should be buffed: not the status effect itself, but the killers add-ons and perks that applies it to counter exhaustion perks. Maybe the dead hard nerf will weaken it accordingly... but did i enjoy myself when i took it away from survivors. Turns them into potatoes.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    Blindness

Hiding the HUD is arguable even more useless as this is one of the few games where the HUD doesn't contain any particularly useful intel that survivor couldn't do without.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713
    Blindness

Blindness could use a bit of a boost probably. One possibility might be something like when a Survivor is initially Blinded they actually are briefly flash blinded as with a flash effect hitting them, after which they are immune to that flash blind aspect for a while. Even a brief flash blindness could help a killer get an extra hit on Blinded survivors.

Another possibility could be do something similar to the Dredge’s Nightfall effect where being Blind reduces the distance survivors can see.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Blindness

Blindness doesn't do much and only really effects Solo Survivors. It needs a buff or a rework.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

I dont think any status effect really needs an update. Blindness isnt even too bad because a lot of good perks like Detectives Hunch, Bond or Kindred are countered by it, or even using maps. It is more like what you have to do to inflict Blindness and how long it lasts, if it is worth it to pick.

Also Oblivious for example. The effect itself is quite nice and can give easy hits, but the problem is that the killer normally doesn't know who is oblivious and where that guy is, to land a hit. If you can somehow get a build that gives you the information, then the effect is very good

• N8dog
    N8dog Member Posts: 541
    Deep Wound

so it takes a few seconds away to mend. Never bothered me much. I think it should prevent exhaustion recovery, cause much larger blood spills, increase pain grunt volume or frequency. Any 1 of these would help. Being in deep wounds never has and never will bother me in its current state.

• darkcloudlink
    darkcloudlink Member Posts: 326
    Deep Wound

Whenever I get deep wounded, the screen gets so dark so quickly that I can't see anything on my screen anymore, and it feels really unfair. I really wish they changed the vfx.

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 981
    Exhausted

Exhausted only does something if the survivor has an exhaustion perk. To be fair, nowadays it is a useful status to afflict survivors with Mindbreaker or Blood Echo, but if exhaustion perks ever stop being used it's going to be a useless status.

What's more, I feel like exhaustion doesn't feel like a gamble for the best perk group in the game. Yeah, you Dead Hard and now you're exhausted and so what? You can't use Dead Hard again? It feels kinda off tbh.

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842
    Deep Wound

Make the blood effect on screen more dramatic in a shorter period of time as is now it just adds a couple seconds to a heal.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    Blindness

Should also disable certain perks and remove survivors from seeing HUD elements

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    Exhausted

Depends where we're going.

Blindness is one of the most terrible status effects needing buffs.

However Exhaustion perks are way overpowered and have needed toning back for ages. You could hypothetically double the Exhaustion timers in the game and you would still see an Exhaustion perk on every single survivor...that's a significant nerf and they would still be hard meta...that should tell you how overtuned they are.

Exhaustion shouldn't recover while injured. This limits its use more and makes the survivor commit to wasting time healing if they always want their second chances up.

• mistar_z
    mistar_z Member Posts: 857

the whatever tf effect iron will has on right now. it makes the other silencing perks pointless to run when you could run iw and have it on constantly when you're injured, also being injured makes you more quite than when you're healthy because apparently you don't need to breath when you're getting gutted.