Resident Evil 4 Remake!

Options
Lx_malice
Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417

It's happening. It's real. It's coming.

Resident Evil 4 Remake!!!!

This one is gonna be another instabuy for me. The og Re4 was the first game I ever played. It's literally my childhood. I cannot wait!

Your thoughts?

Comments

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    Options

Meh, not sure. I mean I'm not a fan of the whole "remake train" that made it from Hollywood into the gaming world. I kinda liked the remakes of RE 1-3 because the characters were made of like 20 polygons and a reshape was really appreciated, containing enough new stuff to not feel completely identical. But my gamecube version of RE4 still feels really playable, so I don't think I will buy RE4. Definitely watching some streams to check how much it improved and if it feels like a new game enough to be worth it, but I'm not convinced currently

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417
    Options

Yeah fair enough. The original Re4 still holds up very well especially after being remastered not too long ago already. It's simply a masterpiece so it's not hard to see why some may be worried or feel that it's unnecessary for the game to receive a remake.

What's also not confirmed is whether Re4 2023 will be a remake like RE HD or a reimagining like the RE2 and 3 "remakes". I guess we will have to see.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531
    Options
  • QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531
    Options

Thank God.

I personally thought the og was kinda meh, so I'm really looking forward to playing this and seeing if they improved what I didn't like.

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,193
    Options

Wait looks like he's going back to the same village Ethan went to! Is Leon going to have to do the same as Ethan did?

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,157
    Options

Interesting how DBD/BHVR had RE4make Leon's model months and months before the actual game was announced

Anyone else kinda fasincated by that?

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

I just hope it's good and it keeps elements and story from the OG RE4. I don't want it to turn out how the RE3 remake did.

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,253
    Options

This is so cool. The trailer was fantastic and you can tell they are really giving this remake extra care to make it something special for the fans. If its even half as good as the other RE remakes it'll be great. I can't wait to see more Leon and Ashley in this!

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

I'm looking forward to it but I'm worried.

I'm wondering how much content will be cut (like Re2 and Re3) and what else will be changed. Wondering why the line "where'd everybody go, bingo?" wasn't in the trailer.

• Lekitzul
    Lekitzul Member Posts: 495
    Options

Man so freaking excited about this. <3 I love Leon!

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,323
    Options

It is confirmed to be some kind of reimagining/story deepening while keeping the spirit of the original.

Bought a Gamecube for the orignal back then. Then the PS2 version (Assignment Ada), the Wii version (New Controls - very good ones), HD on PS3 and lately on PS4.

For me i see in the trailer it is getting a RE2 treatment. Looks also like village. I still hope they also do a PS4 version which would of course work - the same way village also worked. As i remember the PS4 version of village was also announced at a later date. FIngers crossed - don´t need a PS5 right now.

I also hope they learned from the mistakes of RE3 and did not cut out levels. It seems they added at least some Ashley stuff.

Best would be RE1 style - everything from the original + bonus material.

And i also hope they don´t get too serious. The "ballistics" have already been cut.