The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Good news everybody!!!!

TheBean
TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
edited November 2018 in General Discussions

Now that BBQ and Chili isn't as OP anymore... It might show up in the shrine now.

Wouldn't it be funny if the first shrine after the new killer is released, BBQ and Chili shows up in the shrine....

HAHAHA

GG killers who only used BBQ for the BP bonus it offered... Cause we all know you didn't need it for the aura reading.

discuss....

Comments

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

@RSB said:
    Don't be surprised when more and more killers will be camping, instead of going fot that surv who is 70m away. BBQ was the only thing that kept many killers from camping, because they had incentive not to camp.

That is probably why they made those changes to BT.

Some killers use BBQ as a way to decide if they need to do a heavy patrol or go out looking for a new target.

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899
    edited November 2018

@The_Crusader said:
    Why so salty? It wasn't THAT good. Except on Billy/Nurse.

It is still good since you get to see whereabouts of survivors. It is just exceptionally good on The Hillbilly and Nurse because they can traverse the map so quickly and get to that survivor faster than any other killer.

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899
    edited November 2018

sorry double comment :'(

• Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
    edited November 2018
    IRON MAIDEN SAYS HELLO!

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053

@The_Crusader said:
    Why so salty? It wasn't THAT good. Except on Billy/Nurse.

It's good for game awareness. Even on a normal speed killer it gave you an idea what other survivors are doing by now. And it gives a direction where to move next.. Yes, people might "outplay" it, but even then you can be certain in which areas survivors were and have it easier to refind them.
    Besides that I would say that most survivor that you see working on gens will stay there. Why? Because they have SB, can do some progress while you are approaching and don't mind to be chases, if they have safe areas in reach.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

If bbq didn't have aura reading I'd still use it in every game. The grind in this game is too high with more and more perks constantly coming out. Killers have it rough because you have to grind for every single killer and loose addon, while survivors are just reskins with no unique powers and abilities. I got half the survivor teachables from the shrine and just got 95% of the perks on Claudette a few days ago, no point to switch characters other then the cosmetics.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

I can't live without 2x BP.

I forget to look at the auras half the time anyway.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@TheBean said:
    Now that BBQ and Chili isn't as OP anymore... It might show up in the shrine now.

Wouldn't it be funny if the first shrine after the new killer is released, BBQ and Chili shows up in the shrine....

HAHAHA

GG killers who only used BBQ for the BP bonus it offered... Cause we all know you didn't need it for the aura reading.

discuss....

I always used it for double BP and the aura effect was just a side effect working as anticamping-incentive. I am ok if you take away the aura bonus since I only care about BP, but that also means that the anticamping incentive is gone :wink:

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    se05239 said:

@Tsulan said:
    Survivors: devs do something about camping killers!
    Also survivors: bahahaha they nerfed the aura reading of BBQ! 

Yeah, removing the reason for killers to leave the hook won't backfire at all /s

I am sure the pain from the gunshot wound to their foot will reach the brain eventually.

By the time the signal arrives, they probably bled out.
  • Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

Aura reading isn't dead. Don't be dramatic. One perk with 3 charges and hiding in lockers changes very little.

• Dreamnomad

@The_Crusader said:

Really hope a better game comes along and steals the userbase.

Feel free to find another game.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

BBQ was never OP though unless it was on Nurse or Billy and I'll still use it because you know double bps

• ReneAensland
    ReneAensland Member Posts: 838

I've lived without BBQ this entire time.
    Enduring. Ruin 3. Make Your Choice 3. And NOED 3.
    I've been with this build since I bought her.

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    Expected something important. Find some tosser trying to flame bait. Don’t waste people’s time. We are on here by choice, after all
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

@The_Crusader said:

Really hope a better game comes along and steals the userbase.

Feel free to find another game.

Feel free to keep defending a game which has always been known for severe balance issues.

I'm sure that will result in changes!
  • Dreamnomad

@ReneAensland said:

I would drop enduring for BBQ honestly. Getting 100% bonus bloodpoints is amazing. But if you like getting half credit for your work then carry on.

• ReneAensland

@Dreamnomad said:

@ReneAensland said:

I would drop enduring for BBQ honestly. Getting 100% bonus bloodpoints is amazing. But if you like getting half credit for your work then carry on.

Sorry, I meant to say I don't have it.
    I've been Ranking 1 without it, so I wouldn't know its potential, or the feeling for its loss.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I ALWAYS used it for the auras and i will STILL use this Perk.
    I love being immune to irony.

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

The whole BBQ rework that created the version we have now, was made to solve SURVIVOR ISSUES.
    But survivor kept complaining about it and got it nerfed already and get it nerfed again.
    Let's wait for the next "camper only" complain threads.
    Survivor will not stop complaining until the Devs force the killer to give free unhooks without reducing the reward for unhooking of course.

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258
    edited November 2018

@Wolf74 said:
    The whole BBQ rework that created the version we have now, was made to solve SURVIVOR ISSUES.
    But survivor kept complaining about it and got it nerfed already and get it nerfed again.
    Survivor will not stop complaining until the Devs force the killer to give free unhooks without reducing the reward for unhooking of course.

Free unhooks? Did someone said "Freddy"?
    Oh, no tunneling? Legion, is that you?

Now there is time to combine Freddy and Legion to make an ultimate set of abilities and implement them on every killer.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    BBQ aura was overrated anyways, survivors gloating are probably the ones who could never counter it.
  • ReneAensland

@Wolf74 said:

I don't think you're giving credit to high ranking players.
    3/4 will have that Distortion Perk. 1 Survivor won't have it.
    Killer chases one guy, hooked survivor gets unhooked.

I know what style of gameplay I'm going with.
    Give some survivors credit of playing tactically.

• SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089

@TheBean said:

HAHAHA

discuss....

Actually, I was just about to buy Leatherface finally, just to get the perk, when they did this. Now it's like "6 bucks is a couple beers at the bar.."

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

@TheBean said:

HAHAHA

discuss....

Actually, I was just about to buy Leatherface finally, just to get the perk, when they did this. Now it's like "6 bucks is a couple beers at the bar.."

So you now dont want leatherface, an entire character with 3 perks, because one got edited, to not show auras...in lockers.....

No, it doesnt affect that much, people just want a reason to jump on the hate train every change. I doubt THAT is the reason you decided against it.
  • iceman2kx
    iceman2kx Member Posts: 462

Still gonna use BBQ. It's just too much BPs to give up. It sucks it won't be as consistent, but until the ridiculous grind is over with in this game it's a mandatory perk for me.

• ggallinftw
    ggallinftw Member Posts: 351

Stopped reading when I saw BBQ and OP in the same sentence and realised I was reading the post of one of those noobs that I hate getting matched with when I solo queue.

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

@TheBean said:

HAHAHA

discuss....

BBQ was so widely used cause it didn't give a drawback like Distressing does (Unless you're playing Doc, Nurse, or Huntress to some degree). Thrill of the Hunt should be used more since it gives some slowdown against someone trying to get Ruin and slow the game down even further. Beast of Prey is never used and probably needs a bump or buff somewhere. Surprising we don't have a Brutality or Sacrifice specific Perks even though I think Predator and Hangmans Trick could use a bp increase since they are considered garbage perks.

• ggallinftw
    ggallinftw Member Posts: 351

Can't wait til i get downed after a long chase and see 3 teammates hiding in lockers.

• Wolf74

@akbays35 said:

BBQ was so widely used cause it didn't give a drawback like Distressing does (Unless you're playing Doc, Nurse, or Huntress to some degree).

Why should a perk give a drawback at all?
    Is there any survivor perk giving a drawback (beside No Mither)?
    Let's talk about the most used survivor perks:
    What's the drawback of SC, SB, DS, BT??

• chefdave12118
    chefdave12118 Member Posts: 193
    I always use it for blood points and the aura is a bonus when red rank survivors haven't countered it. 
  • Dreamnomad

@Wolf74 said:

@akbays35 said:

BBQ was so widely used cause it didn't give a drawback like Distressing does (Unless you're playing Doc, Nurse, or Huntress to some degree).

Okay, I'll bite. Self care heals twice as slow. Sprint Burst only lasts a few seconds and requires walking around the map to avoid triggering it. Decisive Strike requires completing a difficult skill check or does nothing at all and can only be used once per game. Borrowed Time does nothing at all for the player running the perk.

Every perk in the game has an opportunity cost as well. For killers and survivors. If I'm running Self Care, Sprint Burst, Decisive Strike and Borrowed Time guess what I'm not running? Literally every other perk! That means I'm not running Small Game to find Ruin or whatever hex perk the killer maybe running or ensuring NOED doesn't come online. That means I'm not running the various stealth perks like Calm Spirit, Iron Will, Urban Evasion, etc to avoid being found in the first place. That means I'm not running WGLF for the bonus blood points. Etc, etc, etc.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

I find it ironic that some players are making a fuss about a perk that is supposed to help the survivors stealth. Compared to the alternative (pallet looping), I don't see the issue.

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    This affects me a lot as I love my Crooked Billy boy. Now I must say goodbye to sprinting up to a locker and pulling someone out.
  • Wolf74

@Dreamnomad said:

@Wolf74 said:

@akbays35 said:

Okay, I'll bite. Self care heals twice as slow. Sprint Burst only lasts a few seconds and requires walking around the map to avoid triggering it. Decisive Strike requires completing a difficult skill check or does nothing at all and can only be used once per game. Borrowed Time does nothing at all for the player running the perk.

Every perk in the game has an opportunity cost as well. For killers and survivors. If I'm running Self Care, Sprint Burst, Decisive Strike and Borrowed Time guess what I'm not running? Literally every other perk! That means I'm not running Small Game to find Ruin or whatever hex perk the killer maybe running or ensuring NOED doesn't come online. That means I'm not running the various stealth perks like Calm Spirit, Iron Will, Urban Evasion, etc to avoid being found in the first place. That means I'm not running WGLF for the bonus blood points. Etc, etc, etc.

SC has NO drawback. Because it uses up 32 seconds of the survivors time. Without SC it would take 2 survivor healing for 16 seconds. That basically the same, with the bonus that you do not need to search for and find a teammate. So no drawback there, just because of the time is needs.
    SB, ok, the walking everywhere to keep it is kind of a drawback, but otherwise you do not leave scratchmarks, so that is a pretty small drawback.
    DS has NO drawback, just a "requirement", maybe call it a risk, but is not qualified as a "drawback".
    BT also NO drawback, because you know in advance that you pick perks like BT or Well make it to support your team, because a living team is helpful for MY escape.

So no, still No Mither is the only survivor perk with a drawback. So that is not a core principle about perks. Perks are just meant to be straight advantages.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,140
    I just run class photo then on Freddy 
  • OogieBoogie
    OogieBoogie Member Posts: 190

@Dreamnomad said:
    Self care heals twice as slow.

Technically it heals infinitely faster, since a survivor in the same circumstances as a survivor with only Self-Care (as in no medkit or other survivors) won't be healing at all.

• Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    edited November 2018
    TheBean said:

HAHAHA

discuss....

You're cute. I hope this is an alternative account, this thread would be used against you whenever you will talk about camping tunnelling killer buffs etc etc, would be fun!

Seriously now, do you just play 50% of the game? You sound a little bit salty about a change to a killer perk that incentives stay away from hooks. I guess you won't ever cry about camping or tunnel again since you're so happy that one of those perks that endorse hunting is being nerfed as well as many others like bitter murmur :)
  • Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    I would almost call this a buff to BBQ tbh
    I prefer a survivor hiding in a locker to a survivor hiding behind a gen working on it
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Mc_Harty said:

I find it ironic that some players are making a fuss about a perk that is supposed to help the survivors stealth. Compared to the alternative (pallet looping), I don't see the issue.

Because they're gonna pallet loop when you find them anyway.

This way you just waste time finding them only to het pallet looped. Might as well start smashing them pallets early.
  • Fenix
    Fenix Member Posts: 13

Really killers use it for bp, cmon now. I happly admit it, i use it for aura reading.
    But then again i dont feel the need to camp.