Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Experiences after a three month break. AKA fix matchmaking.

Rant ahead.

As the title says i got completly burnt out of the game around Feb and stopped playing (which frustrated the hell out of me due to the amount of money and time i have put in), put down my controller and had a break, i decided to come back to try out the Dredge, after downloading the game followed by a 20gb update to even start it i jumped back in, i played 20 games as survivor hoping to play against the dredge and didnt see him once, i only saw the same five killers (GF,Nurse,Trapper,Legion,Huntress) but hey they where all fun games, then i swapped over to killer and OH BOY, 5 soul crushing games later i got eight hooks and two kills across those five games, there was not a single survivor in any of those lobbys that DIDNT have dead hard and everysingle one of them had purple rank perks, this was running against me using the dredges 3 perks at yellow level and a base moniter (the best perks i could unlock), everysingle one of those matches had either a hacker or a 2-4man SWF, and was a wipe - i admit i was a fair bit rusty and that made it harder to win, but still,it just sucked.

So my question is after a long time being away from the game and loss after loss as the dredge, how come the game cannot /willnot give me survivors at my level? who are using the best meta perks with tons of experience, are there any survivors that dont have 5k+ hours, hack or play swfs? Like where are the baby megs? where are the poeple just starting the game out?

I am seeing after two days back in the game why i left in the first place

Comments

• Breadn
    Breadn Member Posts: 203

Yeah, this is common knowledge that the MMR system is unfun. Even good killers are suffering from unfun survivors, even when winning. The developers don't seem to care, end of discussion.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,432

I don't think they'll ever give you baby survivors, even after a few months off the game. You mention putting alot of time and money into it so I'm assuming you were playing for awhile before your break, which gives you much more experience than someone just picking up the game. But I do think they should at least have some sort of neutral zone whereby those who are coming back after a break and might be a bit rusty get matched with each other, and then after x amount of games their results roll over into SBMM.

• AlphaBeta
    AlphaBeta Member Posts: 11

Yeah that would make prefect sense you would think right?