Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Is reducing gap between SWF and Solo-queue no longer a priority?

Aztreonam78
Aztreonam78 Member Posts: 1,131

I re-read the sum of the anniversary stream - not a single word about making Solo Survivors closer to SWF teams.

Please, BHVR. I just want to have access to basic information such as who is being chased and stuff.

Comments

• SOULWARRIOR71K
    SOULWARRIOR71K Member Posts: 457

As a killer main, I have no shame in admitting that I do not want solo queue to become anything like playing against a swf every game. Having weaker links that have less information and/or are unable to communicate, is what helps make the game tolerable.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

I think the devs have done a good job of driving away solo players. I can't stand it anymore. The DS nerf was it for me. I either don't play now or I play with friends. Solo queue is absolutely miserable.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

Use kindred or info based perks, like killers do.

I dont really see a rush to this feature, the biggest solo Q killer is teammates that dont do anything all game and built in info wont change that

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

Except they never promised it. Just talking about ideas they had that they might add to the game at some point. No need to twist it to make them look worse.

• Ghostflame92
    Ghostflame92 Member Posts: 21

as someone who really enjoys playing killer, i get this sentiment, i really do. but i also play a fair bit of survivor, and having teammates like those you describe is exactly why i swf every chance i get. solo queue is more often than not is a miserable experience. however, nerfing swfs is not a thing, and they've explicitly stated it will never be a thing, so the only other option is to buff solo queue. they'll never get solo queue to be equally powerful as swf, but they can bridge the gap. this in turn gives them a better idea of how the average game will go (because theyre not always gonna be bot survivors, and they wont always be swf either), and they can buff killers around the new mechanics.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033

Yup. SWF is overrated by killers. It’s not the comms that breaks the game; it’s the collection of good players grouped together.

I, like Ghostflame here, prefer playing with other good players to take randoms out of the equation. I play with several great players, who refuse to do comms cause it’s ‘distracting.’

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209

Sadly I haven't seen anything indicated BHVR even has an idea to go about fixing it.

It is a daunting thing, because it isn't just communication, it's the idea that many solo queue survivors do not go in with anything intention of playing to win. Hence, potatoes.