We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Anyone else disappointed with Residual Manifest ?

Murgleïs
Murgleïs Member Posts: 1,068
edited June 2022 in General Discussions

So first of all, I am a killer main 90% killer / 10% survivor (so probably biased here) but this perk hyped me a lot. Finally survivors get to do something else than sitting on gens holding m1.

My problem with this perk :

• They are not that many chests to get your flashlight from. I don’t think it would be OP if you could see the aura of already opened chests (like any means necessary for dropped pallets).
  • The blindness status effect is too short and useless in chase. Yes it’s annoying to be blind as killer : you don’t see gens, hooks and other auras, but if you are half decent you know where they are anyways. Also it’s completely useless in chase, and by the time my chase is over, the blindness is gone (because even if I am not the best looper, I last more than 30s). I feel like it should be extended to 1min.

Comments

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited June 2022

Killer main excited survs can get more flashlights and blind them from seeing auras and that the blind is too short,... hmmm interesting.

• Murgleïs

Don’t you want to elaborate ? Are you a killer main struggling against this perk or flashlights in general ?

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Any perk involving flashlights is kinda doomed to be weak unless flashlights are buffed. As an item type they are by far the worst (maybe keys now as well). Medkits and toolboxes are just more valuable

• DrDeepwound

Nope, I love 3 flashlight lobbys and hunt for them nightly. I play Bubba with Franklins pretty much as my main at night for hunting SWFs these days and dont care about flashies at all. Killer mains usually do not complain blinds are too short.

• Murgleïs
    edited June 2022

I did not, I was talking about the blindness status effect, not the blind visual animation.

You should probably read the perk :

You get a yellow flashlight with no addons, the blind visual animation will be short and that’s not the point of this perk.

• DrDeepwound
    edited June 2022

Semantics. So let me rephrase: "Killer mains do not usually complain being blinded for 30 seconds from seeing auras is too short"

Anyway, my original post was short and simple I only explained it because you needed clarification.

• Murgleïs

This perk was released this week and it’s the first time survivors can apply this status effect on the killer.

How do you know what killers "usually" think about this perk when it was released 3 days ago lmao ?

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620

Well, I think in the killer's case. The killer gets way more info with aura reading perks and taking that from the killer is a huge disadvantage. In the case of survivors suffering from the blindness status effect... those do not hinder your progresss anyway and also, survivors are 4 so if you blind a survivor, you take for a whole minute aura reading perks for 1/4 of the team, now if you get blind as a killer, you take away 100% of their aura reading perks for 1/3 of the time a survivor is blind.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,159

All hail our lord and saviour Lightborn 😎

• amazing_grace
    amazing_grace Member Posts: 734

I've been combining Residual Manifest and blastmine for some fun blinds. Residual manifest isn't an OP perk and blindness was always regarded as a weaker effect on gameplay. I don't think residual manifest should be stronger tbh, you can get value out of it sometimes and it's fun to run. Although, that's my personal opinion. I'm in the minority of people who enjoy fun and weaker perks to spice the game up.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

You do you, but man do I hate Residual Manifest. It pretty much forces you to chase the Survivor unless you want to run around like a headless chicken searching for Generators, and if a good looper uses it, you're in trouble