If you could guarantee your solo-Q teammates would always do one thing, what would it be?

Options
Bennett_They1Them
Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513
edited June 2022 in General Discussions

I'd want them to try to make unhooks safer; either by using BT, taking a hit, or taking a BT hit after being unhooked.

Bothering to try to unhook would be nice too, dying on first hook with 4 gens left while not being camped is obnoxious.

Comments

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    Options

Chill and don't get angry at everyone.

• Bennett_They1Them
    Options

I just had a match where a bill did dilly squat on the other side of RPD while got slugged out for the full timer. (nobody was injured and ghostface was busy patrolling.)

• Bennett_They1Them
    Options

is that directed at me or is that wishing your teammates would chill out in the postgame?

• Yankus
    Yankus Member Posts: 638
    Options

Gens. I quit playing survivor because my solo q teammates either sit in lockers all game or hide in a bush.

• FeelsBadMan
    FeelsBadMan Member Posts: 570
    Options

This so much. The other day there was a perma tier 3 Myers and 2 of my teammates insisted in keeping healing after getting unhooked instead of doing gens...

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    Options

I answered your question. It is not directed at anyone in particular, just community in general.

This also includes killers. Wish we could all just play the game and don't get angry at people.

• JohnWick1654
    JohnWick1654 Member Posts: 509
    edited June 2022
    Options

I mean, ther's nothing wrong about healing if you wanna steay silent, but prioritising it doesn't really help,

and puts a false sense of securty when you're not injured even if you know you are exposed..

When low MMR hits.

oh I'm cool most of the time, but if you are genuinely bad and than get a free kill or 2 because survivors activated your NOED I might stay chill but I will still have a comment about the NOED usage

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259
    Options

Immediately, my mind went "unhook me."

But,

Thinking on it, I agree with just do anything. Please don't sit crouched in a corner when the killer just hooked me clear across the map and is now clearly chasing the obsession. It's so painful to watch, lol. As my mother would say, I'm not mad, but I am disappointed.

• EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070
    edited June 2022
    Options

Don't sit around another, how to put it, *put-a-word-here-describing-intellect-of-a-fish* camper, hoping that he'll suddenly play normal and go pressure other survivors. In short, have a Kindred, for heaven's sake! Or at least pay attention when others have it....

Post edited by EvilSerje on
  • Bennett_They1Them
    Options
  • MrCalac123
    MrCalac123 Member Posts: 1,147
    Options

Anything

Just don't hide and do nothing

• Khelendrose2020
    Khelendrose2020 Member Posts: 207
    Options

Gens........

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,213
    edited June 2022
    Options

But i do all of that and hide if i can...why is hidding wrong, if you do bones, and do gens, and unhook, and even take protection hits? Because it all depends on the situation, and if the killer comes to my gen, i will hide, until he either found me or leaves again. Why is that bad exactly?

@Topic Gens. Latley, i get more teammates that are not gen allergics, and i escape most of the time easy. Nice i reached that mmr bracket.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,073
    edited June 2022
    Options

You're doing gens so I'm not talking about you

I'm talking about the people who hide all the time. They might touch a gen once in a while so they can pretend like they're being helpful but if they even think that the killer might possibly be within a 50 foot area, they run and hide and stay that way until they know without a shadow of a doubt that the killer isn't coming back (and then hide a little bit more just in case).

Those are the people I want to do...anything...

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,637
    Options

don’t use self care.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,157
    Options

Oh boy

One thing that bothers me to no end in solo Q is when people believe just because they have BT then any unhook is automatically safe and that they don't need to take hits

I had a game where this poor meg (Who had no DS) got tunnelled from 1st to 3rd all because one of my teammates who had BT kept unhooking in the killers face and leaving her in the dust.

Even if you bring BT, look out for your vunerable teammates. Don't automatically assume they have DS. Some killers will just wait it out meaning without DS you just gave the killer a free hook for 12 seconds of chase whereas you could have did anything else in that time and rescued when it was safe.

• xfireturtlex
    xfireturtlex Member Posts: 419
    Options

I would like them to NOT die instantly, either through lack of skill or bein mad cuz they got hooked.

But also, gens....ffs do the damn GENS!!!!!!

Yeah, im with the person that said plz do anything that makes it seem like youve played the game before.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,076
    edited June 2022
    Options

Just general game sense stuff is lacking. I get it, there's no in game chat, there are 1 million guides to looping, and zero guides to survivor game management. If it's talked about at all, it's really basic stuff like "split up and do gens". People generally have no idea how to attack many maps, no idea how to play in a 3v1, make aggressive saves on players you know don't have DS because the killer literally just tunneled them, etc. Most survivors are completely reliant on out-perking killers and can't play strategically.

I think the Rift really hurts the game in this aspect. People throw games for challenges. They need saves so they make terrible saves. They need to loot chests so they spend half the match looting chests instead of doing gens. It's fine if you find the game fun as a casual game, but other people find that really unfun. And MMR doesn't take care of that problem.

• Pirscher
    Pirscher Member Posts: 602
    Options

Play around the obvious perks that the killer is using. Like BBQ for example

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

Just have fun playing the game, what else is there?

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

Do gens when not in chase.

Seriously, tutorial bots would be better sometimes.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,286
    Options

Gonna start real simple here and simply hope they actually care about the information my Kindred gives them. Don't leave your gens vs Ruin to race for the save on me from the other side of the map, don't go one by one to see if the obviously camping killer will suddenly decide to leave 5 seconds before I die on hook, use the auras to meet up and heal up first when that makes more sense than individually trying to riskily save me while injured and ending up with 2 slugs near the hook too.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

I just want everyone to use BT, nothing more nothing less

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108
    Options

Having good game sense

• KA149108
    KA149108 Member Posts: 306
    Options

I want teammates to do gens. I can't tell you how many times I've gone down after a chase and seen people chilling at the edge of the map or doing a boon. Also people constantly healing against Leigon.

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,572
    Options

Using the kindred aura I provide when hanging on the hook to do actual smart decisions. I hang so often into stage two although the others could see through my kindred that the killer is buisy chasing another survivor on the other side of the map. It really let's you questioning the intelligence / game sense of you fellow teammates.

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,572
    Options

Another thing, if the killer has PR, ffs don't stay attached to the gen with every other hook! It's so easy to counter PR+DMS, but sometimes my teammates make it so incredibly hard!

• Carrow
    Carrow Member Posts: 500
    Options

Technically two things, but here's what I want:

If you can loop well, take aggro.

If you can't loop well, DO GENS.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,093
    Options

Teamwork/useful with the survivors not the killer.

• Chaos999
    Chaos999 Member Posts: 869
    Options

Initially I thought "gens".

But after a bit more pondering, I think if I could only choose one thing it would be "patiently wait on the hook"

I almost always run kindred and BT, i will go for you and I will do my best to help you get away and continue playing, just, wait a little bit, please....

• Noz
    Noz Member Posts: 176
    Options

Have fun.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987
    Options

Stop hiding most of the match

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203
    Options

I prefer them using Self-Care rather than hiding in a corner because they're injured and scared.

It doesn't happen often, but once in a while, you have this teammate who's scared to death because they're injured and will hide until someone finally spot them to heal them.