It's been 1/4th of a year and the Nurse's range addons are still bugged.

Options
2»

Comments

• Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696
    Options

Can't say I'm not surprised they don't even acknowledge this as a bug.

Doubt they even understand why it works like this in the first place.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452
    edited June 2022
    Options

With range add-ons the speed is not scaling correctly with the distance.

The total blink time works correctly only at full charge (with add-ons).

If you blink at less than full charge, you will still travel at higher speed as if you went for a longer blink. I.e. with range add-ons, you also cover shorter distances faster.

That's the bug that is being brought up to attention.

A few months ago, you only patched the part of the bug that wasn't accounting for extra charge time. But the speed stayed bugged.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,998
    Options

I don't understand why top tier killers that can are extremely viable without add-ons have some of the most busted add-ons.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,691
    Options

I'm absolutely baffled that these addons giving her a basekit blink speed buff is apparently working as intended. Like, they don't see how that makes Nurse more lethal at shorter range and is essentially a massive secondary buff to an already good addon? It's bizarre.

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188
    Options

nurse is Broken AF very often in solo q i just kill on hook fast to aliviate the boredom she represents and to also increase her kill rates as much as possible. because thats the only thing BHVR looks.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,144
    Options

its hard to notice as nurse because your already moving so fast. you only really notice the effect on survivor-side because like I said, if your near nurse death radius, you kinda just die. Its why I never really loved/liked playing against nurse, even post-changes as your skill on survivor means very little, but that is ironic for rest of killer cast because your killer skill when playing other killers means very little. Chadku post explains it better. I always knew it worked like that, but I thought the blink would scale faster after passing the 20 meter marker given that they **fixed omega blink many years ago. I guess they fixed part of the problem, but not all of the problem.

• Chadku
    Chadku Member Posts: 729
    Options

1.5s / 20m = 0.075s per meter, 1.5s / 30m = 0.050s per meter

0.075s * 30 = 2.25s per blink

0.050 * 20 = 1s per blink

Yeah half a second less time to react is quite busted if it weren't for 96% movespeed, dead hard, losing LoS and doubling back when they're blinking or jumping into lockers since she cant open them after a blink.

It's because adding additonal negatives/positives to addons take bandwidth.

Adrenaline Vial, Toy Sword and Nemesis' addons got their numbers changed which doesn't take any width since all that is done is change a 0.33 to a 0.25.

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209
    Options

Can add this to bug becoming a feature bingo. If she does end up over performing by their metrics I just hope they fix the two addons and don't pull a misdiagnoses and amputate the wrong leg. Or both legs. Like when they kneecapped Deathslinger.

• Chadku
    Chadku Member Posts: 729
    Options

I wouldn't call it kneecapping, that was a scrapping of an already weak killer.

110% movespeed with 32m TR great job at making M&A a musthave on him.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,971
    Options

Yeah, this is a classic "Tell them it's a feature" bug, because... no way. There's no way someone designed these add-ons, saw them in action, and said, "Perfect, works exactly like I intended it!"

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

I still don't understand why people are finding this difficult to understand... It's actually really simple if you actually think about it without your hatred giving you smooth brain.

Stagnant blink time + longer distance = faster blink. They are not going to do some fancy coding where it keeps the old blink speed and then suddenly change the speed after it passes the 20m mark. That would feel awful.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,216
    Options

I seldom use the add-ons so I've not really noticed. That being said the speed boost feels weird.

I wonder why they did it. To pally her abysmal map traversal in places like Mother's dwelling?

That's one feature I would have no issue losing. (Then again, it would hardly impact my matches.)

• Tizzle
    Options

It needs to be scaled with a hardcap in place, similar to the turning radiuses of Blight and Oni.

• Tizzle
    Options

I think you misunderstand.

A hardcap on how fast the blink time can be inside of a certain meter range.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

So you want it to take longer to charge and longer to blink?

The cap is a maximum 1.5s travel time. You can't fit 30m into that time without going faster.