We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

New Mode - Entity's Darkness

Arcatozz
Arcatozz Member Posts: 3
edited June 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

First I just want to say that I loved the power of the dredge that darkness is awesome for the killer and survivor perspective, so me and my brother wanted to share our idea for a mode to DBD using the power of the dredge.

-This mode is about to survive into the full darkness with a killer on the loose.

-The objective for survivors is to create safepoints using the generators and escape the trial (as a normal trial) but they only can see using the light of flashlights and the online generators that create a safe point.

-The objective for killers is to stop the survivors to create safe points and to escape the trial. Each time they down a survivor, they return to the checkpoint/safe point. They have only 3 chances to be downed, the third one, they are out of the trial and consumed by the Entity or be killed by the killer. So there are no hooks in this mode.

---If there are hooks, each time a survivor is hooked a light iluminates the survivor so the killer is pushed from the hook and gives an indication for the other survivors where is hooked. ---

-At the beginning of the trial there will be a default generator online, so it is a new checkpoint for them. If all survivors are in the same generator or staying for a long time it goes off for a short time, and they will vulnerable, so be sure to move! There are 5 geneartors to complete, as a normal trial.

-The survivor by default have flashlights that can iluminate their way but it cannot be used to blind the killer. Use them well because each flashlight has batteries that are consumed each second in the darkness and can be refilled in an onine generator or scattered in the chests. Inside of a chest can be batteries, another flashlight more powerful or even a flashbang that can blind the killer.

-The Killer can see through the darkness without problem (like the Dredge), they are Undetectable but they cannot walk into the light so the online generators are forbidden to enter. The killer can be the dredge or even another killer like the Hag, the Doctor, Sadako, etc. They can use their power normally but they CANNOT step into the light. Also they can damage the generators.

-Perks and add-ons are disabled. There are some unique perks for the mode as:

Killer: Hex Embrace the Darkness -- the batteries are consumed faster than normal.

Survivors: Boon Embrace the Light -- creates an area that refills your flashlight wihout a powered generator.

---------------------------------------

And well that's our idea for a new mode for DBD, I hope you like it!

Thanks!!

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

No perks at all? I don't want to play without Shadowborn or Lightborn. I don't like the base FOV.