It's probably been asked a million times but...

When is something gonna be done about the hackers? It's gotten so out of control that they are streaming on twitching and taunting BHVR with their usernames. I'm currently watching one as a type this who has been pc banned but using a spoofer. Idk much about PC or hacks but these guys act as if they are invincible. Can you even truly stop them if they can evade a ban in this way? It's gotten to the point I don't even want to play with PC players since oftentimes they're cheating. DBD has enough issues and players quitting. This could be a final nail in the coffin once enough people realize they can do this with no consequences. I play on ps5 and Xbox series s mainly and at this point I wish I could queue into a console only player pool.

Comments

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557

"It's gotten to the point I don't even want to play with PC players since oftentimes they're cheating."

Dang, there are others? Usually its me, and the other 4 are all console. Thought I was the last PC user

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    edited June 2022

Fixing hackers is like chasing the horizon, you get rid of one hack program and the coders start working into the next one, its a never ending cycle and you can only minimize the problem, never get rid of it.

Obviusly there are times where they are more abundant because the tool to detect and ban the new hack is still on development then it gets implemented, almost everyone gets banned and they become scarce, then the cycle starts a new, cheaters on games are inherent to it, its a sad reality.

Also anytime the game goes free to play for a weekend or free on a platform expect a massive influx of cheaters, the last mass influx was when Epic Games Store made it free to get.

• prion11
    prion11 Member Posts: 361

As a PC player, turn crossplay off when you want to sweat

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Funny part is that most cheaters are from Epic which is also displayed as console, or different platform

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567

Fixing various speedhacks, flying, etc. could be done, but the way DBD is implemented, it is always going to be just patching holes. They would need to have an instance of the game running on the server and use that as the source of truth for player locations, player state, etc.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

Even huge companies with inmense human and monetary resources like Activision-Blizzard, EA or Rockstar have huge problems with cheaters, some of them far worse than DBD and they have the same problem, they get rid of one another appears 1 week later and they are at square 1 again, its the way it is.