Use. Your. Anniversary. Cakes. This. Year. Please.

Options

Please

Last year was horrible with all the people who just hoarded the cakes. Fun fact but if you use your cakes you can get more anniversary items and more cakes :D

Comments

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,254
    edited June 2022
    Options

People hoard cakes because when the anniversary is over the game becomes a slog again with awful progression and grind. Yeah you can argue it's bp people are missing out on but no one really feels like using a single offering when others aren't doing it losing potential value of the offering. That's why there needs to be a way to collaborate in the lobby between all 5 players on being like "Hey I'm using this offering" instead of just hoping the randoms who can't communicate with you use their offering.

The most effective way to use them was to just play killer because more BP in general or SWF with a bunch of friends. Grinding through a bloodweb just to use the single offering you get from it as survivor when no one else uses their offering and potentially die early as a survivor honestly sucks ass and likely is why people started hoarding.

And yes - I'm pinning most of the issue on the solo survivor experience for the offerings. That and there's no easy way to prompt all 5 players into using BP offerings.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259
    Options

While we’re at it, please don’t disconnect while the match is loading - particularly when you see 3 or more cakes stacked in the offerings!

It happens so often, there’s no doubt that people are doing this just to grief the other players.

• BarnesFlam
    BarnesFlam Member Posts: 654
    Options

I have 100+ cakes on Hag.

No.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited June 2022
    Options

Not gonna lie, I am not a hoarder. I actually despise inventory management in games, coming from Ultima Online where we had a bank system where you had to put items in chest storage that maxed out and you had to buy a second account to hold more junk.

I love DBD becuse items are disposable, and not gonna lie, when I p3ed some survs this year I had all that old Halloween toolboxes/Halloween flashlights and it felt great to click "Prestige" and delete all of it.

hate game clutter, burn the cakes

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,663
    Options

Sorry, I'm gonna can that flan for later.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,096
    Options

I'll use them only if you can guarantee every match will be high BP for everyone, that it won't instead be vicious circle of survivors trying to escape as fast as possible while killers try to kill as fast as possible resulting in lowest possible BP for everyone.

• DrDeepwound
    Options

when I play a cake or BPS as a surv, I always tell the team so they can match it.

those 4xBP is nice!

• Canas
    Canas Member Posts: 1,021
    Options

I refuse to bring cakes, infact I dump them without a second thought whenever I prestige someone. I wish I could do the same with bloody partystreamers as well. Survivors aren't nice enough to be deserving of extra bloodpoints.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

Cakes are dead. Flan is the new hotness.

• DrDeepwound
    Options

As a killer if I see 2+ cakes, bros we all getting 100k.... all IM gonna say

• DH3206
    DH3206 Member Posts: 265
    edited June 2022
    Options

No. The amount of bad games I get during events, I'll pass.

I will, however, play relaxed when playing killer though. I'm bringing out my point machine Doctor But you all escape!

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
    Options

“Camping.” “Tunneling.” Or maybe not. Its an exciting event so any loss is amplified.

It’s like the thought process is: 1.) I lost, but 2.) I brought a cake. By my calculations that makes the winner a mean person.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

Oh it would have been a normal match. With focus on maxing out bloodpoints instead of having a fast match thats over in less than 5 mins.

• Slowpeach
    Slowpeach Member Posts: 691
    Options

I will. I am the reverse of a hoarder :D. Well when it comes to bloodpoint give outs for everyone

• spodamayn
    spodamayn Member Posts: 220
    Options

Nah I've been playing the game since it's released and I've participated in every single event. The anniversary ones are always the most unfun ones due to how high the rate of camping and tunneling is. If I don't use offerings, the matches are still more unfun than they are when there's no event going on lol so that doesn't make any sense. It's just how people play when there are cakes/rewards (or flan I guess) involved.

• Maelstrom808
    Maelstrom808 Member Posts: 684
    Options

I'll burn what I get, play my typical get everyone to death hook, then see what the survivors are doing. If they brought BP goodies for me I'll run around and break pallets or chase some one to down but not hook. Basically have some fun while they finish the remaining gens. Open the gate and everyone comes out with a stack of points.

If they didn't bring anything, I'll go for two kills once i have my hooks. If they act like jerks, I don't care what they brought, if I can walk away with the 4k, that's the goal.

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443
    Options

I probably won't tbh.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    Options

Id rather throw my cakes to the pigs than using one and getting a facecamper or suiciders on first hook, no thanks.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

Nah, with how greedy I learned survivors were, I refuse to give them anything. They will rot in my inventory until they add a pre-screen showing what offerings people bring. I would bring a cake if at least 2 others did.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,179
    Options

It's your lost I use every cake, party streamer I have before prestigating and get lot of bp. But I always watch what the lobby looks like im not giving it 4 man flaslight squad or 4 man toolbox squad with brand new parts.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,179
    Options

Gotta give credit to killer tunneling so fast I almost always end up chasing someone I tunnel 3-5 gens. So I don't know why killers think is so good stragedy with other stragedies I win but tunneling is almost always L. Tunneling is only good stragedy for nurse and blight probably or other killers if there is no ds ans bt in a play.

• Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611
    Options

I mean not to be petty but usually during events a lot of killers go out of their way to slug survivors or facecamp them or whatever just so they don't get BPs, just like they tunneled sparkly survivors so they wouldn't unlock crowns... Obviously it's not all killers but if I get a few games like these this time i'm definitely not spending my cakes. Better save them later and getting a pretty good amount of BP with only one cake rather than getting the same amount of BP while having 5 cakes and giving free BP to the killer who made your experience miserable.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

Survs didnt usetheir cakes because they were rare, butthis creates a community wide chain reaction.

Just use the cakes!

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

Nope, I'm still going to stockpile them. Killers tend to camp/tunnel/slug during events and I'm not going to waste my offerings.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

from my experience, it's a nuclear arms race on both sides. killers want to see 4 cakes +1 ebony mori and go all out, and survivors slam gens with their blinged out boxes and escape with as minimal interaction as possible. when it's not those matches, it's a farming match.

it's honestly ironically just the worst time to play dbd.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,886
    Options

I recall hoarding my cakes during the event last year because I just wasn't getting any value out of them. I did end up using most of them but only when the event was over. I don't remember why I didn't use them during the event but I'm going to assume there was lots of camping and tunnelling going on lol that's usually the cause

• THE_Crazy_Hyena
    THE_Crazy_Hyena Member Posts: 246
    Options

This is very true. I could never seem to get any cakes in the survivor bloodwebs, but getting 40+ for the Doctor alone was no problem

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

Will see - I generally don't farm anything on survivor anyway (they get the excess after I'm done with killer).

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,886
    Options

Both extremes just feed into each other. Survivors gen rush because they're worried they'll get camped or tunnelled and won't get bp value from their cakes, while killers feel inclined to camp or tunnel because the gens are flying so fast and they're worried they won't get any bp value from their cakes.

The double bp event was painful a couple weeks ago with every survivor having Prove Thyself and every killer decked out with aura reading perks. This event will probably be the same.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,608
    Options

I did notice earlier this year in the lunar event, they implemented something in survivor bloodwebs where there was at least one of each event item in every level 50 bloodweb. I suspect 1-49 will still be pretty dry for survivors, but if they keep that new feature, it should be easier to get cakes than it was before (even if killers will still get much more cake on account of having no other event items to occupy those nodes.)

• Sludge
    Sludge Member Posts: 768
    Options

SWFs are everywhere during the events and they don't deserve any BP

• Swampoffering
    Swampoffering Member Posts: 384
    Options

Mark my words, This is gonna be the worst event of all 6 xD

Why? Simple, High MMR killers knows that they are going to be stomped by SWF like 70-80% of time, so it is like giving free bonus XP to bully squads, sabotage Squads or genrush squads.

No thanks, better farming normally, If you get some x3-4 cakes on a lobby try to get some extra BP and move to the next game.

On the other side we have SoloQ players, they know that Aniversary is a tunnel fest so why would they use a cake if is not worth if you are the first one tunneled/camped?

Past year was awful to play (And MMR wasnt implemented so think about this year), I got like 40+ cakes on every killer avalible and another 180 with my Laurie, I still have this cakes and I save it for prestige my characters on new chapters release, now that I have Dredge and Haddie at P3 , I have no reason to waste more cakes, But I have one reason to play the event, get more for the next updates xD

Do not think anniversaries are a bp fest, is like x2 BP weekend with some peaks on certain games, but is not the Eden´s Garden.

• Sludge
    Sludge Member Posts: 768
    Options

Exactly, every event is a complete ######### show for everyone except toxic SWFs