Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Use. Your. Anniversary. Cakes. This. Year. Please.

Comments

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

I see really toxic behavior during events. I don't want to reward people for being jerks with even more bp.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,886

I don't think anyone should dictate to anyone, but it clearly makes the most sense for everyone to use the cakes/flans as much as possible during the event, as it maximizes everyone's BP haul. Saving them for random use is massively cheating yourself of BP, not just others.

I will keep one on each character as a souvenir, but will use them liberally as I earn them.

Also falling into the "play how you want, but..." category is seeing 5 cakes and then playing the match like it is on a countdown. Not saying to farm, but it's pretty frustrating the see five cakes and then have the match over in 6 minutes. These events are a great opportunity to take big bites out of the grind.

• FireGlitter
    FireGlitter Member Posts: 12

I’m sorry but I will not be using my cakes for anything other than a blood hunt. I still don’t get why there isn’t one active during the ANNIVERSARY event.

• Mekochi
    Mekochi Member Posts: 942

No thanks, I holding on to them for the fact from what I've heard both sides have been playing like dicks and I'm not using my cakes til' after the event is over for a bit. I'll use em eventually but not during the event, it's a waste

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,886

Haven't run the math, but pretty sure the maximum BP payout from a cake + BH is still well less than from a match with five cakes.

But yeah, should have a blood hunt on as well.

• FireGlitter
    FireGlitter Member Posts: 12

Yes if there is only one cake but not if there are 5. I have had plenty of matches during a blood hunt where 5 cakes/streamers are thrown up and got over 500k blood points for a match played normally. I just really want a blood hunt with events, I don’t understand why there isn’t one. We use to get them with every event.

• Nasyr
    Nasyr Member Posts: 14

Right now is prime time to get characters to P3. Cakes all around.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    edited June 2022

No, dont blame it on MMR, last year there wasnt MMR and people camped, tunneled, suicided on first hook nonstop, two years ago the same thing and guess what, three years ago people even burned Ebony Moris and tunneled againt 4 gateaus. Special mention to the kind souls who tunneled Survivors with sparkles off the hook so they couldnt get the crown.

Make no mistake, its the community and the "US VS THEM!!" mentality not some system BHVR implemented.

• MilManson
    MilManson Member Posts: 939

I'd rather let them expire than benefit someone else.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,208

Playing distusting MYC/Floods of Rage/Pain Resonance Dredge, get everyone to death hook, then just defend my 3-gen for a while to ensure everyone gets their invite before letting them all go. Everyone walks away with 30k+ base BP (129k+ total) and a mask, win-win.

Except for when survivors panick, sweat, gen rush, and escape outside of my control for 15k and no mask. Typically by not going for the wide open hook saves and letting their teammates die on first/second hook. And generally it's the ones who don't burn a Flan...

• Seraphor

Why? Bloodhunt doesn't increase base BP, it's effectively just a bonus cake.

You're sacrificing one +106% bonus for another +100% at a different tine. That's it.

• Seraphor

Ah yes, give in to the spite and become what you hate.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

Honestly if I see mostly personal cakes/puddings when I use my cake offering, I'm thinking of doing the same. Why should others benefit from my cake when they are hoarding theirs out of spite?

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

A lot of this comes down to matchmaking. I'm usually comfortable intermediate-high intermediate, I'm guessing. Generally even games.

Today, it's been newbies one game and a fully stacked 4man with 9000 hours between them, who rather than bringing flans brought a map offering and 3x further hook offerings because 'lul bby kill no BP 4u'

• xfireturtlex
    xfireturtlex Member Posts: 419

Im only a couple hours in on survivor. Im not burnin another single cake. Ive been lookin forward to the event for weeks and its so bad that i dont even wanna play now. Every damn match has been killers hard tunneling off hook. This is stupid.

• Seraphor

Please play killer.

1. You'll have a better time and earn more BP.

2. There's an overabundance of survivors playing, which is wrecking the matchmaking.

• MilManson
    MilManson Member Posts: 939

Every game I've had as killer (I've not played DBD for two weeks) is survivors popping two generators in my face whilst I'm in my first chase and then dead hard saving them and then another generator popping so unfortunately that guy is being tunnelled.

• Zeon_99
    Zeon_99 Member Posts: 463

Yeah I don't understand people who don't use them at all for the anniversary when they would get a overall increase of cakes if they participated. "Yeah ill wait until months from now when I'm the only one who uses one and get little value from it."

• xfireturtlex

I usually split my time evenly. This is the only time of day i can get survivor lobbies. In about an hour, killer is the only option (unless i sit in 20 min queues)

• xfireturtlex

Nah, im talkin killers hard tunneling against solo q at 5 gens level bad. I get goin hard against ppl that are runnin circles around you, thats not what im runnin into tho

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,865

Idk…I feel like they’re best used when there is a 2x blood hunt event. People tend to use more party streamers and envelopes during that time, and those of us who have hoarded anniversary cakes also kick in.

• Seraphor

Except you're not able to invest you BP in even more cakes if you wait for the off chance of a bloodhunt.

• Sowbug
    Sowbug Member Posts: 139

Yes, let me just throw in a cake offering at peak toxicity.

• DarkEnigma333
    DarkEnigma333 Member Posts: 73
    edited June 2022

Let them eat flan

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425
    edited June 2022

With the amount of Gen rushing happening with iri and purple add-ons+ Items, of course topped with BM and wasting everyone's time at the gate? Nah. I'll wait till things calm down to normal toxic levels.

• Seraphor

Use your Flans to get 120k bp per game. That gets you 3-4 bloodwebs for about 3-4 more Flans as survivor (9-12 for killer)

Rinse and repeat.

You multiply your Flans if you use them now, giving you more to use later. If you don't, you gain Flans linearly.

• KerJuice
  • MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,934
    edited June 2022

One thing I didn't understand before but understand now is:

Spending 1 cake will make you end up getting 5 or 6 new ones, maybe less if teammates don't drop cakes as well. So in the end, it is indeed a win and far more efficient that way.

I've spent a cake every match with my Zarina during 30 to 40 games, now I have 144 of them, and that is only day 1.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,432

Regardless of what i said earlier, I've used one every game today. Everyone's actually been quite good this time around. I've even had a couple killers down me by the exit gate, hook me, and go open it so that I still get my masks before the entity finishes taking me. Team mates have been a bit hit n miss but overall my games have been good

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

I think survivors will not have enough BP to get a cake every match, and thus I won't say "use your cake" to survivor.

• Seraphor

5, hence why everyone should be using flans. You will still save just as many flans for use after the event.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

If survivors would stop dcing every single time something doesn't go their way, I would use my cakes.

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270

No you will get flan and like it

On a serious note I don't touch my event items once the event is over even if I have a stockpile because I want to look at them and be like look at all these items I got even after spending a few from that event

• OmegaRejectz
    OmegaRejectz Member Posts: 62
  • Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

I bring a flan every game and it's pretty common for me to see blackwards or puddings in the offering slot for killers.

• wizencrayfish
    wizencrayfish Member Posts: 58

Honestly I do not use any bp booster point offerings because I am already constantly maxed out on bps with the million cap. I've already prestiged the characters I cared enough about to do so. Burning the anniversary cakes etc just means quicker to max bp level. Depending on the prestige system rework maybe I'll start burning them again who knows. Any goals I have are usually completing tome challenges or dailies - I do not really care about gaining bp.

Also the patch notes said 900,000 bps are available during the event just from logging in et al.

See you in the fog

• Shut_Up_Meg
    Shut_Up_Meg Member Posts: 47

Yeah how about no....

• DarkEnigma333
    DarkEnigma333 Member Posts: 73
    edited June 2022

ive had a couple of matches where im the only one with a cake but 90% of the time its everyone. and im getting over 100k a match. youd be dumb not to use them because youre contributing to the selfishness.

• Shut_Up_Meg
    Shut_Up_Meg Member Posts: 47

Nah, I'm a killer so BP isnt something I concern myself with...I'm all about the kills, hooks be damned

• vBlossom_
    vBlossom_ Member Posts: 386

No I will not, because all games me and my friends are being tunneled and killed with 5-7k BPs.

It's just not worth giving sweaty killers more satisfaction :)

• Seraphor

If you all played a flan, that 7k would be 42k and you could easily pick up another or even 2-3 more flans.

• vBlossom_
    vBlossom_ Member Posts: 386

Yes, but the killer will get 25k and +100%.

I don't think that would be fair, sorry, it's a no for me :)

• Seraphor
    edited June 2022

And thus the cycle of spite continues, and all your future team mates and killers who don't camp and tunnel suffer for it, and in turn, turn to spite themselves.

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093

I played 15 hours yesterday, with a near 50/50 split survivor/killer. I used 5th year Anniversary cakes at first to get initial flans, then started using flans in every match, both as survivor and killer (survivor games were with me as part of a 4-person SWF, and we all brought flans every match).

Survivor-wise, the BP gains were incredible. Had one match at 190,000+, another at 170,000+, and umpteen others with monster totals. In about 8 hours of survivor play, there were the occasional tunnelers or campers, one Dredge who bled out the last survivor on our team for the full timer and refused to hook them (we are an absolutely-no-BM-allowed group, so why they did that, who knows), but most survivor games were fun, even when we died, and the BP for everyone were fantastic.

As killer, it was about the same as normal -- my first two games bringing flans as Pig (the one killer you think people might try to farm with), I gave opportunity for my opponents to farm if they wanted, but they didn't, so regular games ensured. Third game was against a determined Boil Over/Breakout/Sabo 4-person squad, the exact opposite of what you'd expect to see in a "chill" event, but that's what they wanted to play, so no issue here. There was less BM'ing in that 7 hour stretch as killer than what I'd normally experience, frankly, and with everyone bringing flans for the most part in matches, and on the killers I still use BBQ on, the BP totals were again, fantastic.

Don't let the bad apples get in the way of maximizing what you can do during an event. The positives when people bring things that benefit everyone outweight the negatives.

• KerJuice

I’m confused- then why do more people submit party streamers, envelopes, and cakes during those times? People even make threads like this motivating players to do so. There was thread just a few weeks ago saying the same thing.

• Seraphor
    edited June 2022

No idea.

All bloodpoint bonuses are additive, not multiplicative.

Party Streamers +100%

Bloodhunt +100%

Flan +106%

It really doesn't matter when you use them, providing your base score is on average pretty similar, you're getting the same amount of BP.

The risk comes from putting all your eggs in one basket. You could all play all your flans (as a swf say 1 each) during a bloodhunt for +524% but you might score 10k base that game and so only walk away with 63k (53k bonus total, 43k bonus from flans). Or you could stagger them using one per game over 4 games, score an average of 20k and get a total of 245k (165k bonus total, 85k bonus from flans). Same number of flans used, but double the payoff because you averaged it over multiple games instead of going all in on a bad one.

The difference is what you can buy with your BP, and during this event that's more Flans, which is what makes the gamble of using one every game worthwhile.

• caramelpudding
    caramelpudding Member Posts: 118

No, cause neither the tunneling, sweaty killer nor my teammates, who think it's an extra awesome time to milk other teammates, are worth it :)