Changing the DC (disconnect) ban

Options

The DC ban needs to be set to have it so only people that manually leave a match will get a ban timer and not people that end up having network failures, console crashes, pc crashes, power failures, no network connection, failure to load in a match, ect... As well as this zero tolerance policy that has anyone that dcs for any means to be given a ban needs to go its a nuisance, its annoying, as well as an inconvenience and causes nothing but a waste of time an effort making people haft to wait till they can get back in the game which makes this game more or less not worth the effort to put time into if you get punished for every dc intentional or not this just to me is an problem that needs to be salved correctly and not just meant to be left to rot and decay to be than taken by the dredge never to be heard or seen again. I hope things will change, but for how I see things they wont.

Comments

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

Cool.. guess i will pull the cord or reset router to avoid a ban then?

• Araphex
    Araphex Member Posts: 686
    Options

I just recently had issues with my provider which took them almost 2 months, and a report to the FCC, to fix. I was d/cing at least one game a day. Not once have I received anything other than a 5 minute ban which by the time my internet was fully restored, I was able to play right after starting up the game again. So from my perspective, I'm not really sure why anyone has an issue unless they are constantly d/cing almost every game daily.

• loothound
    loothound Member Posts: 133
    Options

Well you are ruining other people's matches by intentionally joining with crappy interent/pc and then dc'ing leaving the survivors in a 3v1 or just ending it outright if you're playing killer

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,105
    Options

If the penalty didn't apply regardless of how you d/c'd then people would just find a way to abuse that.

Besides any emergency where you are forced out of the game and get the 5 minute penalty is not a big deal. If this is a constant issue then you should probably look into the problem on your end.

• Bardon
    Bardon Member Posts: 1,002
    Options

Just out of curiosity, how would you prove whether they chose to leave or had outside network issues? From the game's POV it would just be "Connection no longer responding"