The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The 39 confirmed perks being reworked

2»

Comments

• Stealthyfeng123
    Stealthyfeng123 Member Posts: 76

If it works like i think the only killer who get in trouble with thag are m1 killers but m1 killers are in general not the best in that game so

The fact that if you predict the move from the surv perfectly and he cant just press E anymore to say easy is gonna be lovely as hell all projectile killers are happy blight nurse spirit got like a passiv buff thats good bc i m sick of 4 times dh with 4 times iron will

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

Why we would want to lower it anyway? Both perks are fair and fun.

• GillyBeannn
    GillyBeannn Member Posts: 554

I think a cool buff for head on would be to allow other survivors see your locker aura within 32m, so it can be more useful in solo q

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,696

I mean I agree BBQ's non-bloodpoint effect is fine but they still want to change it because it's meta. And personally I'd like not having to run BBQ every other game. I just hope they make it baseline instead of taking it away entirely.

• FixTheArtist
    FixTheArtist Member Posts: 20

Surprised we are getting 39 perks when they said over 40.... not mad but still and these are supposed to be reworks not just buffs and nerfs so we might get a chance to see some really unique changes

• Mazoobi
    Mazoobi Member Posts: 1,563

It would!

Anything to make it better than it's current state.

• WaveyTrey
    WaveyTrey Member Posts: 645
    edited June 2022

NOED is called NO ONE ESCAPES DEATH. Meaning imho NOED should be….

Whenever the first exit gate is opened and a dull totem remains on the trial it’ll become a hex totem. Upon activation The Entity will block the first exit gate opened until the Hex totem is cleansed.

Meaning survivors that purposely body block their way across the map to a single door at 99% as to tbag the killer will be be surprised to see that this exit becomes blocked entirely. Their cockiness, and abuse of second chance perks becomes their literal doom. They cannot crawl out of this gate, nor use DS to get through this gate. As most times survivors never 99% both gates. Survivors now have to take the precaution of opening BOTH exit gates to be safe from this scenario, or break the hex that might block the 99% gate they all want to run through. Giving the killers the potential to catch more players at EGC.

Blood Warden, Remember Me, and No Way Out are steps in the right direction. There should be more perks that increase the time it takes to open the gates by % too. Pentimento does it, but it requires too much effort to really capitalize from it.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,878

Yeah no problem with dh was distance... so if they do go with your theory for a change it will just make the perk even more safe to use for distance.

• Entitled_survivor
    Entitled_survivor Member Posts: 828

Ready for the dead hard nerfs ? Shitpost quality but i couldn't stop laughing😂

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

You can't be serious. 100% refuse to believe it.

Not all the perks listed are Meta perks.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

As a solo-Q survivor who prefers stealth, seeing perks like Calm Spirit, Iron Will, Spine Chill, Distortion, and Off the Record on the list has me a little nervous.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,696

Well if I had to guess OTR, distortion, and calm spirit are probably getting buffed, not nerfed. Distortion buff is actually kinda scary tbh because it’s already good and underrated imo.

• M4dBoOmr
    M4dBoOmr Member Posts: 598

They picked them because they are the most used perks

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

There are way too many ways to lose stacks, and you only get 4. A buff should give a way to get stacks back. That, or swap out stacks for a cooldown instead.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,162

My predictions:

BBQ: (nerf) either as Scourge Hook or shows Survivor Locations instead of Auras

BT: (nerf) does not work once all gens are done or EGC starts

Botany: (buff/nerf) heal speed is 50%, but no longer efficiancy for medkits

Calm Spirit: (buff) all sounds are silent. no more moaning when doing totems, chests, slow vaults etc

Corrupt: (nerf) 120s instead of 180s

Coulrophobia: (buff) no more TR requirement, but 40m base

Dark Devotion: (buff) 60s or remove the Obsession part.

Dark Sense: (buff) see the killer for 5s when the gen is at 70% (like a reverse tinkerer)

DH: (nerf) no more I frames or a token based version where you can only use it 2 or 3 times.

DS: (nerf) deactivates after all gens are completed (lockers are fine, else u will get the DS+UB meta again...)

Deja Vu: (buff) see the 3 closest gens for the whole game

Distortion: (buff) 5 tokens + 20s duration

Eruption: (buff) 15% (instead of 6%)

Gift Of Pain: (buff) apply the slowdon directly after unhook, like mangled

Hope: (buff) remove the timer

Iron Will: (nerf) only cancels the "injured noises" and lets the character have the normal breathing sounds. (-> spirit and other killers can still track)

Jolt: (buff) remove basic attack requirement

Knockout: seriously.... idk

Lethal: rework, maybe something chase related like "see auras after breaking a pallet/being stunned"

Lightweight: (buff) scratchmarks are fainter

Lucky Break: (rework) 3 tokens, after being injured the perk activates for 30s (no blood, no scratchmarks, no sounds)

Monstrous Shrine: (buff/rework) basement are scourge hooks, surge hooks return after 30s after sacrifice, no kobe possible from SH

NOED: (nerf) no longer a Hex, gets 1 token per hook before all gens are done. 1 token = 20s duration

No One Left Behind: idk

Overzealous: (rework) for every gen completed, gain a stackable 3% increased gen repair speed

Off The Record: idk

Overcharge: (buff/nerf) super tiny skillcheck (like grand zone), +10% regression, but stops working once gen is completely regressed

Pain Resonance: (nerf) just some numbers maybe

PGTW: (nerf) added cooldown of 30-45s

Pharmacy: (rework/buff) getting brown medkits in every chest or that you can rummage though an open chest too to get one.

Ruin: (nerf) max 150%

Saboteur: (buff) no cooldown

Self Care: (nerf) can't be healed by teammate

Sole Survivor: (rework) reduces the time your aura or position can be seen by the killer by 33% per dead survivor (activates already on death hook before the animation ends so that BBQ won't show your location when the last person dies); if you are the last Survivor alive, gain a 5% haste status effect.

Spine Chill: (nerf) no longer works against Undetectable

Tenacity: (buff) but idk what

Thana: (buff) stays if survivor dies (that is literally what the word means: fear of death)

Tinkerer: (nerf) only once per gen

WGLF: (buff) you and the unhooked person see the killer's aura for 4s after the unhook

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

He didn’t say he thinks BBQ is getting buffed, he said he thinks the bloodpoint bonus it gives is being replaced by something else and the base amount of bloodpoints you get per match is being increased. (The reason it’s a Meta perk is half the people who use it have it mainly for the bloodpoint bonus. So it would make sense to just give everybody more bloodpoints across the board and replace the bloodpoint bonus on BBQ with some other effect.)

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I think the reason all the killer gen regression perks are on the list is they’re possibly going to just slow gens down across the board, so killers who don’t know use these perks will still have slower gen speeds at minimum. If they do that they’ll nerf the actual gen slow down perks to compensate so that the net total gen speed isn’t too much different on a gen slowdown build from what it is currently.

• Zeon_99
    Zeon_99 Member Posts: 463

That DH change is such an insane buff, its not even funny. I think you missed the point of what makes the perk so strong.

• Zeon_99
    Zeon_99 Member Posts: 463

Coup de Grace doesn't counter DH at all, it especially doesn't counter the buff in the original post. Even slightly decent survivors time the dead hard to end where the vault/pallet is and then mash the action button. Coup isnt catching anything.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Dh "nerf" makes it stronger? What? Like the idea of some of your perk rework but also some survivor perks are just too good

• Megmain80
    Megmain80 Member Posts: 138

You know that killers can still see the aura- right? Besides that’s not the point of my post. Every killer swears they only use bbq for the bp and that only a few killers can make use of the auras, which is blatantly false. 5 seconds after someone is hooked, killer is on me or someone else in nearly every game (25% don’t run bbq). So obviously aura reading is something that is extremely helpful for killers of all shapes and not just 2 or 3.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

What are you on about? Did they reveal exactly what they are doing to each of these perks somewhere?

• Bardon
    Bardon Member Posts: 1,004

The fact that Circle of Healing isn't part of their list is concerning.

• DaddyMyers_Mori
    DaddyMyers_Mori Member Posts: 2,205
    edited June 2022

You know that killers can still see the aura- right?

no, they can't if you do it right.

which is blatantly false

oh right, because you know why we use perks better than us, makes sense. For most killers there are just more optimal perks to use than BBQ even for just info perks -> but some killers just don't need info perks. BBQ is used mainly for extra BP on most killers. You can think whatever you want, but you are just wrong. We use that perk, we know why we do it.

Sure, even if you remove aura reading completely, I am going to use that perk whenever I need to farm BP. But you can bet there will be lot of ######### storm, as always for pointless nerfs.

Edit: If you would want to make it work only per unique survivor, you would have to remove range limitation. Just compare it with Bitter Murmur.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,694

COH has already been nerfed twice I think it’s fine now.

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,237

I don't get why people want to keep the deadhard for distance. "Dead Hard - (nerf) - dash distance doubled. invincibility frames removed."

The reason why deadhard deserves a nerf is because deadhard for distance has no counter. This is how an average chase goes: Hit, mistake, deadhard for distance to a window or pallet, hit. It's so repetitive and boring. Deadhard should NOT give any distance. Just give it the Enduring status effect for 1 second. So it's actually about 'dodging' a hit and not about call-able but no counterplay distance.

• gatsby
    gatsby Member Posts: 2,533

The strongest part of the perk is forcing Killers to waste their power by reactively Dead Harding.

Ever since Dead Hard validation. Killers like Nurse, Blight, Huntress, TWINS, Trickster, Nemesis, Pyramid Head, Deathslinger and Artist basically have to use their power to get rid of Dead Hard there’s no real way to “outplay” it.

• Megmain80
    Megmain80 Member Posts: 138

yeah, you have to be lined up exactly right and in the line of sight of the killer to be able to hide behind a generator so it’s basically useless way to hide. If the aura reading was removed, for fewer killers would run the perk, likewise if the double bp was removed many killers would still run it so it’s obvious the aura reading is important. We all know why you run bbq- it’s for aura reading and the double bp is the cherry on top. Stop saying otherwise, we don’t buy it.

• Neamy
    Neamy Member Posts: 359

Who is we? I would only run perks if there were 4 like bbq for the bp. Of course aura reading isn’t that bad, but survivors have to be near gens at some point to escape

• sonata93
    sonata93 Member Posts: 418

I can't wait for the DH and NOED nerfs, hopefully, that'll mean we don't have the same old conversations on here every day.

Excited to see what they do with some of the buffs (Calm Spirit, WGLF, etc.).

• DaddyMyers_Mori
    DaddyMyers_Mori Member Posts: 2,205
    edited June 2022

I don't care if you buy it or not. You just don't know what you are talking about, simple as that.

Truth is that only killers where I would run BBQ without extra BP are Hillbilly, Oni, Blight, Artist, Dredge

For every other killer I have better perks.

You have killers where you don't need any info perk like Doctor, Legion, Trapper, Hag.

For Doctor or Pig Whispers is way better than BBQ.

If you want info perk you can use Tinkerer, Floods of Rage, Retribution(hex build)

Floods of Rage is super good if you also use Pain Resonance. BBQ is just not best info perk most killers can use, but everyone is using it over other info perks, because of extra BP.

Edit: For example Otz on his optimal generic builds have BBQ on 9 killers out of 28.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,075

well these powers are all reactionary powers. most of these killer can walk to the survivor as 115% m/s and the survivor cannot vault windows because they cannot dead hard during window vault and they cannot put pallet down because the killer can swing into the pallet and hit them during pallet drop animation. Apart from say nurse, most of these killer do not need to use their power to down the survivor and can counter-play dead hard for iframes.

In nurses case, She doesn't need to "counter-play" dead hard because she gets so many chances to hit the survivor, like every blink can potentially require a dead hard. in many ways, she counters dead hard by blinking more... aka wasting dead hard.

with other killers, they don't get 2 blinks every 6 seconds to waste dead hard. they get very few chances to hit the survivor in first place, so the single dead hard for distance described by Nick post can extend chases for minutes on end. Luckily, most of survivor that utilize dead hard are not very good loopers, so they typically go down pretty quickly from personal experience.

I would say both iframes and the distance are powerful but I would say that distance is universal useful across all killers where as the iframes is more situational if the killer is competent at playing killer.

The 1% increase on movement speed for lethal pursuer and the 2.5% movement speed increase on survivor for hope made me smile a bit.

• BadZilla
    BadZilla Member Posts: 467

Correct lol that's a huge buff in that case it will only benefit ranged killers since they can hit you through the dash

• gatsby

I don't think you've played some of the Killers I mentioned. Victor cannot "miss" a pounce without becoming kickable. Artist has a limited amount of time to place her crows and a cooldown once she uses them. Huntress, Deathslinger, Plague and Trickster all rely on getting angles for shots; there might only be span of 0.5 seconds where a Survivor is vulnerable before reaching an extremely strong loop and they can pre-dead hard it for the i-frames to 100% guarantee safety.

If Dead Hard didn't have i-frames, Survivors would always have a potential chance to go down against ranged Killers. Sure it be difficult for a Killer to time the hit right due to the movement speed of the dash, but it wouldn't be impossible anymore.

I think Dead Hard deserves to be viable, but Killers should have characters they can play to counter it. If the perk was able to be countered by all Killers, I don't think Survivors would bother equipping it anymore. That is the reason I think the dash should stay and the "i frames" should go. Also, the perk art and description kinda doesn't make sense anymore if there's no dash.

• Bardon
    Bardon Member Posts: 1,004

The sum total of the two CoH "nerfs" has been to reduce the speed of self-heal by 2 seconds and altruistic healing (medkits, healing others) by far less.

That's not a nerf, it's a joke.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

I personally think Head on is fine, and will be especially once the current meta perks are toned down a bit.

The only buff I would like to see to Head on is that the 3 second activation timer starts when the locker enter animation begins, instead of only starting once the survivor is fully in the locker. This way Head on could be used a bit better without Quick and Quiet.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,075

I think if you want killers that counter dead hard for Iframes, a better solution is to grant these killers proper exhaustion add-ons. When I say proper exhaustion add-ons, I don't mean the meme 5 second exhaust hatchets. Set proper timer like 15 seconds. Unfortunately the dev do not really make good modern day add-ons. It would give killer player some choice in countering dead hard if you think dead hard for iframes is overpowered for x killers.

I don't think pick-rate for dead hard would change much if dead hard lost its iframes. The iframe aspect of the perk was bugged for a couple of years from the servers. I'd probably still run dead hard every trial over all other exhaustion perks even without iframe aspect. Dead hard's strength is the distance on command that most killer lack counter-play towards. I'd say Iframe attacks is just sort of a bonus, cherry on top if you will.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

Strangely in another post I was in a small argument with a guy or gal that said the IFrames is the issue that everyone is complaining about....I was like wait no it's not the main issue is the distance.....I don't know how they said they have seem multiple posts contradicting every other complaint I have seen about DH

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Well the i-frame can simply be baited out so I'm not sure why people would complain about that part.

• VikingDragonXii

They said it's because of the Hit Validation which ISNT DH it's the Hit Validation of the servers. But I didn't have the energy to even try to convince them because they were so intent to prove me wrong

• Blueberry
  • akaTheBARON
    akaTheBARON Member Posts: 346

BBQ and chili is VERY counterable. Hide in a locker right before they get hooked, or just hide behind a generator that hasn't been completed yet. Its very easy. Killers mostly get value from the BP, UNLESS they're playing survivors who don't know how to counter it. You don't automatically know if the killer has it but its easy to find out.

• VikingDragonXii

That's why I just decided not to respond anymore because I saw it wasn't going anywhere.

• sonata93
    sonata93 Member Posts: 418

I always thought a sensible nerf to Dead Hard would be to make it a one-time use only (like Decisive or Deliverance). That way, the perk is still strong and does what it's supposed to, but can't be overused by survivors using anti-exhaustion perks (Self-Aware, Vigil).

I'm a bit concerned about DS; I hope it doesn't get completely nerfed. It's already a fair perk in the sense that it can only be used if the survivor was unhooked within 60 seconds and hasn't done anything objective-related (gens, healing, cleansing, etc.).

• VikingDragonXii

Tbh I don't bother anymore lmao there usually one survivor closer than I am so the killer won't head my way....unless it's a Blight Nurse, Billy, or *shutters* a Aura Huntress....she scares me the most on the farm Maps

• espooked
    espooked Member Posts: 465

Leave self care alone 🙄 or put comms in ur game

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719

Sure on some killers. But on Nurse, Blight, or Huntress. Those killers would run BBQ even without the additional BP, I absolutely run BBQ for aura reading on Blight and not for the BP. But the extra BP also means that I can run whatever add-ons I want in addition to having a meta perk.

• gatsby

Dead Hard validation + Killer powers with limited use make it pretty impossible.

Its possible to reactively Dead Hard things like Hachets, Knives, Harpoons, Crows, Victor, Blinks, Vomit etc. which forces cooldowns/reloads. It's literally strong enough that you have to fail a hit to even get the Survivor to use it they can hold their Dead Hard all day waiting

• Blueberry

Multiple of those examples you mentioned is a tad disingenuous. Victor can bait it out without basically any loss at all, vomit streams long enough to still hit them after that split second in many cases, Harpoon you can bait it out now that he has decreased slow down on aiming, Knives they're only avoiding maybe 1 or two, ect.

I think this is a bit hyperbolic saying the i-frame counters most those abilities. Now I am refering to the i-frame specifically here, not the distance, this is assuming the distance is removed.