Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Discussion To Respect To The Devs.

Rellewd
Rellewd Member Posts: 195

Long time player here, Thank You......

Comments

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891

As someone who has studied 3D modeling & done a little bit (very little) of research into game programming, mad props to you guys for making an awesome game! There's some bugs here and there and people are eager to point them out, but a multiplayer game with rotating interactive environments is a massive undertaking & is bound to have some issues.

• VESSEL
    VESSEL Member Posts: 1,068

Lol that's some extreme sensitivity from them then. It's not hard to find or create a relevant thread for things like that. This is a wholesome thread

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647

Glad I found this game and keep up the good work yall.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

It's been an enjoyable game for the most part despite it's issues. The devs are aware of them and hopefully the new dlc and Auric stuff gives them enough money to deal with it more easily.

• Rellewd

@Fre_Shavacado0 said:
    fair warning, this may become a heated discussion once it gets going.

I LOL to that response and if ignorance occurs its a easy ban. so I will disagree to any heat... & I would expect constructive criticism even as well to be discussed elsewhere being this thread was made for the sheer purpose of couple reasons, you comment being the first I have read since I posted a thread, lets scroll and see if its heated...

• Rellewd

@RemoveSWF said:
    When will the devs respect the players? Specifically killers.

Or should we just go and play Civ if we don't like the terrible balance in this game?

I disagree.

• Rellewd

@Jack11803 said:

@RemoveSWF said:
    When will the devs respect the players? Specifically killers.

Or should we just go and play Civ if we don't like the terrible balance in this game?

This thread isn’t about that. GO! BACK TO THE SHADOWS!

lol thank you as i responded to him before noticing yours lol....thumbs up..

• Rellewd

@mintchapstick said:
    As someone who has studied 3D modeling & done a little bit (very little) of research into game programming, mad props to you guys for making an awesome game! There's some bugs here and there and people are eager to point them out, but a multiplayer game with rotating interactive environments is a massive undertaking & is bound to have some issues.

nice

• Rellewd

@Patricia said:
    Thank you guys <3 It feels good reading your words. You are an incredible community and it's a lot of work but we will do our best to give you something amazing.

See you in the fog <3

awesome and rock and roll, ty...

• EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
    i complain a lot but i am probably mental...so yeah.  the complaining....getting it out, helps me feel better about the game.  odd as it may seem.  anyways...love you guys.  the greatest.  seriously.
  • Kevvie
    Kevvie Member Posts: 175
    Thanks for the game I love dearly and the weekly twitch streams/videos on YouTube. It’s a really great addition I look forward to every week
  • ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

Despite the issues the game has, you guys do great work! Thanks for making such a cool game! We appreciate you guys.

• Cardinal_Copia
    Cardinal_Copia Member Posts: 139
    My all time favorite game. Before that it was left 4 dead but dead by Daylight slowly took this position. 
    I'm really glad to play this one.
  • KillingInstinct
    KillingInstinct Member Posts: 272

too bad most of the survivor players don't respect the devs and post over 440 bad reviews after a small QoL exhaustion nerf. While they still have pallet loops xD

• Mechkiller3425
    Mechkiller3425 Member Posts: 55

@KillingInstinct said:
    too bad most of the survivor players don't respect the devs and post over 440 bad reviews after a small QoL exhaustion nerf. While they still have pallet loops xD

The bitching is going to be even louder once the DS and Instant Heal nerfs happen.

i really doubt theyll nerf D-strike but i understand the self-care nerf tbh
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Rellewd said:

Long time player here, Thank You......

Respect is something that has to be earned 
  • MuteNewt
    MuteNewt Member Posts: 234
    edited July 2018

Been with the game since launch day. My favourite game on Steam with 2400 hours and all achievements. Thank you devs! <3

• deadwolfwalking
    deadwolfwalking Member Posts: 624

@Patricia said:
    Thank you guys <3 It feels good reading your words. You are an incredible community and it's a lot of work but we will do our best to give you something amazing.

See you in the fog <3

if you really wanna give me something 'amazing', how about making the killers head and torso two separate cosmetics? i wouldn't mind billys coonskin cap so much, if it wasn't hooked to that god-awful shirt.... please and thank you in advance....

• Global
    Global Member Posts: 770

I get mad at em sometimes for some their updates but i love those canadian cuties. Hell this is one of the most fun games i have played and im fully ready to spend another 600 hours in it.

P.S Death is an escape ;)

• MaxiferPriest
    MaxiferPriest Member Posts: 189

This is by far my favourite game, and this year devs actually listened to the killers and are giving them some of much needed love. I hope that next 2 killers that will receive a big buff are Freddy and Wraith, because God knows they really really need big buffs. The introduction to the shop is phenomenal and it just made me spend some money on it, because it looks ACEmazing! :D I'm hoping to see Ace in the Italian suit (u know all Italians suit up good, very good), and hopefully BHVR gets the permission to have some cosmetics for the licensed killers and survivors as well. Would love to see the new Michael Myers outfit :D All in all it's a very good and fun game, in which I will invest many more hours whilst having fun :D Devs stay ACEsome and see you in the fog! :D

• hMM
    hMM Member Posts: 121

currently i have ZERO respect for devs.
    ~While waiting for the git gud filthy survivor main comments~

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    hMM said:

currently i have ZERO respect for devs.
    ~While waiting for the git gud filthy survivor main comments~

Did somebody forget to take thier meds again? What are you like Nea?
  • Fenn
    Fenn Member Posts: 33

keep up the good work, this last patch were surely in the right direction. Been enjoying playing on both sides alot more :)

• vampire_toothy
    vampire_toothy Member Posts: 381

Although I don't agree with absolutely everything that happens with the game, I appreciate the amount of work that has gone into each update this game has received and am glad that more content is being released constantly to keep the game fresh. The devs (and well, the team in general) get too much hate for the work they do and deserve all the respect they can get, because without devs we wouldn't even have this game to begin with.

• Rellewd

Revive this post, sheeeeeit..... love the game i do.

• Entità
    Entità Member Posts: 1,583
    I love you! You have conceived a wonderful game, there is adrenaline, tension, anxiety, a gloomy, heavy atmosphere, impregnated with the smell of blood and a perception of imminent death, where tactics, cunning and dexterity really make the difference! : D

I love the richness of the game, its longevity and replayability, the interweaving of perks and offerings and UNLIMITED POWERRRRRR! Oh, simply YES!

We, the whole community, and you, the Almighty Entity, together can make this game immortal, ever richer, more complex, beautiful and distressing! Thank you @not_Queen @Patricia @Peanits @Suggestive and all other developers, managers and creators! **

• Rellewd

@Entità said:
    I love you! You have conceived a wonderful game, there is adrenaline, tension, anxiety, a gloomy, heavy atmosphere, impregnated with the smell of blood and a perception of imminent death, where tactics, cunning and dexterity really make the difference! : D

I love the richness of the game, its longevity and replayability, the interweaving of perks and offerings and UNLIMITED POWERRRRRR! Oh, simply YES!

We, the whole community, and you, the Almighty Entity, together can make this game immortal, ever richer, more complex, beautiful and distressing! Thank you @not_Queen @Patricia @Peanits @Suggestive and all other developers, managers and creators! **

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134
    I love this game (not sarcastic). I love playing as every killer and I love how unique they play and feel. Each one is so unique and has their own strengths and weaknesses. I champ at the bit for the next one to be released because I know it will be unique and fun...in it's own way.

The licensed killers are amazingly true to their movie roles. Each one plays like they were ripped from the script. I am not sure how they managed to make them so well thought out or if it was by accident, but they nailed each one.

There are imbalances but I don't mind., Because each has a very fun play style.

I love the perks (again not sarcastic) and I actually love that some feel "dirty" to take! I love that we can play against actual humans and can soak in some of their salt post game (still, not being sarcastic). Though sometimes I want an ai mode)

This game is not my brainless "check out" game, but I play it when I want to actually have fun and go up against realpeople, use my brain and engage with another human fighting to survive (or farm or whatever) Being beaten feels real and frustrating and winning that 4k feels rewarding (ESPECIALLY with post game chat).

I also love how there are really two factions on the foruns....It makes the actual game feel that much more fun.

Since MHO shut down, this is hands down my favorite game. 
  • Rellewd
    edited November 2018

@Attackfrog said:
    I love this game (not sarcastic). I love playing as every killer and I love how unique they play and feel. Each one is so unique and has their own strengths and weaknesses. I champ at the bit for the next one to be released because I know it will be unique and fun...in it's own way.

The licensed killers are amazingly true to their movie roles. Each one plays like they were ripped from the script. I am not sure how they managed to make them so well thought out or if it was by accident, but they nailed each one.

I love the perks (again not sarcastic) and I actually love that some feel "dirty" to take! I love that we can play against actual humans and can soak in some of their salt post game (still, not being sarcastic). Though sometimes I want an ai mode)

This game is not my brainless "check out" game, but I play it when I want to actually have fun and go up against realpeople, use my brain and engage with another human fighting to survive (or farm or whatever) Being beaten feels real and frustrating and winning that 4k feels rewarding (ESPECIALLY with post game chat).

I also love how there are really two factions on the foruns....It makes the actual game feel that much more fun.

ain't read it fully but from me starting to read i felt i felt you, dbd is a great game, i will read in full right now.

• Rellewd

As long as you eat poop.

• Rellewd

November 5
    @Entità said:

Flag Quote · Vote Up Awesome LOL
    AttackfrogAttackfrog Member Posts: 198 12:14AM

Flag Quote · Vote Up Awesome LOL
    «12»

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

I'd have more respect for the devs if it felt like they had respect for me, as a player, but as it stands today.. there's none of that.

• powerbats

All hail the Decp ti cat

• not_Queen
    not_Queen Member Posts: 1,114

Posts like this is why we do the job. Thanks for being an amazing community!
    We are here to stay!

@powerbats obviously ;)

• Skairipa
    Skairipa Member Posts: 255

After 3k hrs i keep playing this game. It's not perfect, always will have issues, but it will be always playable.

keep working hard @not_Queen @Patricia_BHVR @Peanits @Suggestive and the others!

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523
    Not sure why I'm tagged. I don't actually make the game, I just take people out of it. But in any case, thank you, I'm flattered!
  • not_Queen
    not_Queen Member Posts: 1,114

@Peanits Don't sell yourself short! You are making this game better 1 cheater at the time!
    (and also very active in forums!)

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@Peanits said:
    Not sure why I'm tagged. I don't actually make the game, I just take people out of it. But in any case, thank you, I'm flattered!

"i take people out of it" Best comment ever Sir!

• powerbats
    edited November 2018

@not_Queen said:
    Posts like this is why we do the job. Thanks for being an amazing community!
    We are here to stay!

@powerbats obviously ;)

I knew you'd get the reference sadly spellcheck kept trying to change it, but that would new a new killer only have to be upsized.

• SH1FTY423
    SH1FTY423 Member Posts: 85
    Respect is 2 way and earned so with that said Thank You Behavior For an Awesome although, Frustrating at times, experience .Everything DoseNot go perfect ever.as far as I can tell. But even when things get a lil... Shifty. pun entended. you allways try to fix it. And make it better for everyone. This Game I Imagine, is hard to balance Perfectly. The one thing I suggest is take a lil more consideration for console players. They fell shafted sometimes.Oh yea and More licensed Killers and licensed killer cosmetics.
    THANKS DBD TEAM. 
           SINCERELY ,That Dude.