Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why are dog-bone maps still around?

They’re terrible design they either force a killer to stick to an immediate three gen and proxy camp or loose the game because of impossible gen defense otherwise or the chance for exit gate spawns legit other side of the map. And this also makes the experience lame for survivors because half the game would be just repairing gens and going against guaranteed camping. For those unaware these maps are Suffocation Pit, Azarov’s Resting Place, and Sanctum of Wrath.

Comments

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,967

It's pretty awful design because on those maps sometimes both gates spawn on the same side for some reason or same wall even

• Verconissp
    Verconissp Member Posts: 1,587

ah...

thought he was referring to you =P

*Ba-Dum, Tsssh*
  • Malkhrim
    Malkhrim Member Posts: 963

Yeah, I always hated that type of map shape.

While it kinda favors killers because of the possible 3 gen, it can also make the game impossible if you lose the 3 gen, making the gameplay on it quite boring: you only stay on one side of the map, and survivors will run to the other one to heal.

• ThanosPAWG
    ThanosPAWG Member Posts: 412

I have never thought about how Sanctum of Wraths layout is the same as Azarov's and Suffocation pit until now. The main building makes the map layout look different but its not. How did not notice that until now.

• brock
    brock Member Posts: 305

Map offerings shouldn't exist for survivors.

• eleventbh
    eleventbh Member Posts: 374

It was horrible when I was a new killer and didn't know what a 3-gen was. I always tried to defend all gens. That did not work out.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

azarovs has to be the worst. i once secured a 4 gen immediately by spawning in one time as Pinhead, with the box right in the middle of it lmao. There were like, 5 gens all on one side making an L shape around the killer shack. It had to have been some kind of sick joke

• Persephone_
    Persephone_ Member Posts: 157

I find them super interesting to play because survivors can't just mindlessly walk over to the next gen they find, something they can do in Red Forest, the Police Department or sometimes even Lerys without any repercussions. They actually need to strategise.

Suffocation Pit can still be a terrible experience though because they way it often spawns in the middle. A good survivor will be able to run an M1 Killer for minutes with most tile spawns, so you just have to drop most chases. The middle tiles on Sanctum and Azarovs are also strong but not unplayable.