Why nerf DS at all?

2»

Comments

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

It was to please the "NOOOOO YOU HAVE TO LET ME TUNNEL!!" crowd.

• Viskod
    Viskod Member Posts: 854

Not for the specific examples they gave of a good Blight or Nurse no. Their ability to close distance doesn't care how far away you are.

• Viskod

What about in the situations where someone uses the long active duration of both to follow the killer and bodyblock instead of using them to run away? That's fine for taking a protection hit with OTR, but if they keep bodyblocking because they know they have DS, then that's kind of dumb for a killer to get hit with the "don't tunnel" punishment when they weren't tunneling.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Gen increased for 50sec, that 1 survivors with OTR tries to body block you is actually work on your favor. Beside, you can just hit him and deactive OTR and then tunnel him, he asked for it.

But with alot of thing activate Endurance now, the status should come with removing Collision.

• Viskod

No I was responding to your post about how if a killer gets DS after going through OTR's endurance they had it coming, and that's not necessarily going to be the case if someone combines these perks to use them offensively, which is definitely going to be the case since you keep both DS and OTR if someone else heals you.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Have anyone tried that if healing, Endurance is also deactivated?

If not, I believe they will change it.

• RavenBirb
    RavenBirb Member Posts: 470

Exactly I'm over the letting you hit down them at the exit for them to ds and just leave, no counterplay anywhere.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

Because they seem to be going off of “numbers using x perk” rather than the why.

They think DS is actually a good perk against a killer who does not tunnel. 🤷‍♂️ At which point you either throw yourself at the killer (not a good idea) or you deactivate it by performing an action.

Which, again, just gives off this idea that whoever made those decisions does not know their own game.

• sonata93
    sonata93 Member Posts: 418

I agree. Most of the nerfs/buffs were very much needed, but the DS nerf feels like overkill. Sure, killers will often eat (current) DS but they are punished for doing so (wastes time, survivor makes distance, makes it to nearest loop, etc.). All the DS nerf does is make it easier to tunnel/eat DS because killers will be less punished for doing so. It kinda feels like they felt obliged to nerf DS because a lot of killers dislike the perk and it's one of the most used survivor perks (for a reason). Deactivating in the EGC is just silly, in my opinion. I get the stun time reduction, and I wouldn't have even been mad if they reduced the amount of time it's activated for, but reduced stun AND making it useless in the end game is just too much.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,702

I just don’t understand why reducing stun duration was needed… this is only a one time use and it’s kinda useless against high mobility killers. If the new off the record goes live I’ll be using that instead of DS.

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

But that's the thing.

All the meta perks they nerfs are fraking required by survivors. You still have to use the nerfed version of DS because it's the only perk that prevent tunneling-off-hook-till-dead. You still have to use the nerfed version of BT because it's the only perk that lets you escape face camping.

They didn't change the survivor meta at all?

• Nathan13

I may disagree with you on a lot of things but I totally agree right here. 5 seconds is easy to wait out and sometimes it isn’t enough to get you to a window or pallet.

• JimbusCrimbus
    JimbusCrimbus Member Posts: 1,060

Little known fact - when DS was changed years ago, it was originally 3 seconds of stun. It was then buffed to 5 seconds purely to compensate for Enduring (because back then, Enduring worked on ALL stuns, including DS). Literally, that was the reason given. Enduring was nerfed soon after to only apply to pallet stuns. DS was never put back to 3 seconds.

3 seconds is the correct amount of time.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

To make off the record better version of DS.

• Nathan13

If they’re gonna nerf the duration to 3 seconds than the skill check should be bigger. I can’t see a lot of survivors using this over OTR that is if these changes make it to the live version.

• D2night
    D2night Member Posts: 224

Do you even know what you’re talking about? Nobody is talking about abusing it. It’s currently a 5 second stun (which was buffed from 3) now it’s going back to 3 which is a major boost to killers that tunnel as those 2 seconds are a big difference.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

The devs has upwards of 3 years to change it back but didn’t. I always assumed it was because they were happy with 5 seconds but I guess I was wrong. Doesn’t really matter though since OTR is just a better DS now

• Rezblaze
    Rezblaze Member Posts: 843

When you take the most egregious examples to argue against the 3 second stun, then you're purposefully biasing your argument in favor of this.

You're plucking a select few killers that overpreform and make the argument that because the stun would be useless on them, the stun should therefore be longer. Failing to take into account that the stun being longer will hurt weaker, less mobile killers FAR MORE than it would hurt a Nurse, Billy, or Blight who can catch up with a survivor in several moments.

To a Nurse, a 5 second stun doesn't do a whole lot against them. To a Billy it doesn't either. Neither to a Blight. But to a Trapper? That extra two seconds hurts far more. So arguing that the 3 second stun should be increased so that it can slightly affect the killers with the HIGHEST POSSIBLE MOBILITY just a tiny bit more at the cost of making it devastating for killers with no or little mobility, is a dishonest and fallacious argument.

• Bardon
    Bardon Member Posts: 1,004

In particular, given that their reasoning for the Self-Care nerf was:

"Having a consistent and reliable way to heal at will is a powerful tool in the right hands. On top of that, Self-Care increases the efficiency of Med-Kits, allowing Survivors to squeeze additional heals out of them."

So Self-Care was too strong but CoH was just fine? It gives a far bigger bonus to all 4 survivors for just one perk slot and can be re-set if lost!

The logic escapes me.