Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Who would you have chosen for an RE Chapter 2?

Comments

• TheDarkTyrant
    TheDarkTyrant Member Posts: 2,074

Depends on how far BHVR would be willing to go with those skins. Like Birkin would be good for Blight but would BHVR be willing to have a skin that makes basically just makes him a completely different killer animation wise and stuff? I would also like to see Dr. Salvador appear either as a new killer or a skin for Hillbilly with new animations as well.

• TheDarkTyrant

Exactly. Like I don't think anyone would be mad if we got something like Regenerators or some basic enemy like that as the killer. I might actually be happy because it's cool to see enemies like these with new graphics and stuff.

• UnknownKiller
    UnknownKiller Member Posts: 3,024

Unfortunately there will be a DLC called Mercenaries that allow yu to play as those.

• UnknownKiller

But Lisa trevor power is basically being inmortal 😅

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,610

In fairness, Nemesis has been playable in a few games at this point, iirc. I don't think they necessarily mind that much, when it comes to doubling up.

Probably less likely all the same, though.

• UnknownKiller

Copy paste plague put some big nails and u have dimitrescu.If they dont put big boobs I will riot.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,697

Carlos

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

Thank goodness that they nerfed Iron Will by that time or hurt survivors could easily hide in the Ladies blind spot.

• TheDarkTyrant

That's not all she does though. A power in DBD doesn't always have to be that type of power. It's just an alternate ability. We have killers whose power is moving their legs really fast.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

Easily Jack Baker. He's one of if not the best suited RE villain for this position.

As for the survivors, I don't really know. I'd say Ethan, but I'm not sure if Capcom would be willing to reveal his face by letting him be a survivor.

While I don't think they're important enough to be full-on survivors, I'd like to see skins for Marvin and Annette.

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,395

Jack Baker, Lisa Trevor, Lady D or Heisenberg.

Ada is a good choice but I would replace Rebecca for Carlos or Jake.

• UnknownKiller

Michael myers do tps or whatever becuz you see him on a corner and then is behind you.As he is human he must be fast and quiet as hell

• QwQw

Mother Miranda would definitely be cool as well. She's on my list of who I'd like to see along with Birkin, Jack, and Heisenberg.

• The_Horde
    The_Horde Member Posts: 107

Heck yeah, dude! RE7 is my favorite in the franchise, and one of my favorite games ever. He was the perfect villain, and was an absolute mad lad. I would love to be able to play as him, and I think he would be an amazing killer in the game.

• QwQw

It's nice to finally see someone who shares the same opinion as me!

Re7 is also my favorite in the franchise, and Jack is one of my favorite villains of all time. I was so crushed (but not that surprised) when they revealed the first Re killer would be Nemesis, and now I'm doubly crushed (and outright confused) that they picked Wesker as the second Re killer.

• lemonsway
    lemonsway Member Posts: 1,169

Licker or Krauser as killer and Barry or Carlos as survivor. A fully funcitonal Licker as killer would be conceptually challenging but awesome. Being able to go on walls and ceillings and having a special view filter just for the licker would be a complete new experience for DbD. The chances of it working properly are low but the simple fact you could get to experiment with it is a gigantic benefit and would lead to so manny lessons for BHVR about Map design that even if the Licker project ends up being a really difficult thing to accomplish it would reap tremendous benefits for the game as a whole in terms of possible innovations.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

I have a few different chapters I'd want to see:

Idea #1: Birkin as Killer with Ada and Carlos as Survivors

Idea #2: Jack Baker as Killer with Mia and Ethan (only if they ever show Ethan's face though, otherwise just Mia, the 3rd person version of RE Village seems promising)

Idea #3: Lady Dimitrescu as Killer with Mia and Ethan (same thing as the last idea)

for maps? Idea #1 would have a sewer system or the orphanage, Idea #2 would probably have the Baker House, Idea #3 would be the Village of Village, I think the castle is too large unless they extremely cut it down but that's no fun

• AnchorTea
    AnchorTea Member Posts: 1,019

I'm still holding out on Lady D someday. The hype for her may have died down though.

• xEmoGirlxAlexisx
    xEmoGirlxAlexisx Member Posts: 598

Karl Heisenberg 4 Sure i Need him as a Killer 😅

• Norhc
    Norhc Member Posts: 575

There's nothing confusing about the two most icon enemies from the real Resident Evil games being favored over some literal who.

• TheDarkTyrant

I don't see why you would be confused as to why Wesker and Nemesis, the 2 most iconic and loved villains in RE are picked. I kinda think Jack would be a bit more generic though. I love 7. I pre-ordered the collector's edition. I got all trophies. I love the DLC. Jack as a killer for DBD can technically work but would be very basic in his power. No he wouldn't use the mold since that was never really his thing.

• TheDarkTyrant

I always found her a bit overhyped. Her powers are not really impressive to me. One thing I always believed is that Lady D was the most bland villain in that game but had the best looking and playing section.

• TheDarkTyrant

Yeah I don't get what he means by him being confused. I can understand being disappointed for not getting who you wanted, I get that, but being confused when they pick iconic characters over good but still not iconic characters is something I don't understand.

• AnchorTea
    AnchorTea Member Posts: 1,019

Honestly you're right. Appearance-wise she's unique and creative. But power is a little lacking.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142
    edited June 2022

Honestly? Someone/something iconic. Maybe even Wesker still.

That way, when Lady Dimitrescu comes in RE Chapter 3, it won't seem as sus.

If they added her now, players would question the dev's motives for picking her over something iconic.

Post edited by Nos37 on
  • QwQw

I'm confused about them picking Wesker, not Nemesis. (Which I literally said, by the way). I was expecting them to pick Nemesis, because yes, he's very iconic. But Wesker? Hardly. I'm not saying he's not important to Re's overall story, but in terms of being immediately recognizable he barely qualifies.

If the devs wanted a character purely based on being iconic or popular, they easily could have went with Lady D, Dr. Saddler, or Mr. X. Lady D doesn't need clarification. While I wouldn't really say Dr. Saddler is that iconic of a character by himself, he was the main villain of Re4, which is one of the most popular Re games. Mr. X is also widely popular, but I can't really tell you why. Maybe it's because he's a Tyrant, or maybe it's because the Re2 remake was incredibly popular, or something else. But he most certainly is iconic. Or, you know, they could have just picked another popular license entirely, to which there are plenty.

Putting popularity aside, Wesker doesn't really standout for being a character that could actually work well in DbD either. If anything, the reaction I've seen to him has been pretty underwhelming; with some similarly confused why they picked him over someone else, or some being worried that Behavior won't be able to give him a good power (since all he really does is use a gun, run around super fast, and mutate to grow a tentacle; at least from what I've seen of him). The only other licensed character I've seen get a reception this poor is Sadako, probably because most people weren't that familiar with the character, or were fearing that the devs wouldn't give her a good or unique power (the same effects I'm seeing being echoed with Wesker).

I hope that this clarifies why I'm personally confused that they picked Wesker over a different Re character.

Now, moving on to Jack, I've never quite understood the "he's not iconic" or "he's too generic" complaints.

Re7 is an extremely popular Re game, and while I do think that Jack is similar to Dr. Saddler in the way that he's iconic more so based off of the game he's in being popular rather than him as a character by himself being popular, he is still very recognizable.

As for his power, I think there are plenty of options.

1. He could use many different weapons, like shovels, axes, a spiked paint-roller, and a double-bladed chainsaw. Not too exciting on its own, but it's better than nothing.
    2. He could create and possibly even control the Molded. (DarkTyrant, I'm kind of confused why you say that Jack doesn't use the mold, even though he's the one who directly creates the Molded. The Bakers kidnap tourists and vagrants, and Jack holds them captive. He then flays them, and gives their organs and flesh to Marguerite so she can make dinner with them. Jack then throws their skeletons and whatever else is left of them into those mold-covered cremator things in his basement which turns the human remains into Molded.) People praise The Plague for having a unique playstyle, and I think that having a killer who is able to gain something throughout the match (probably hits or hooks) and can then spend them at a workbench of sorts to create an ally is just that: unique. The only problem is that Behavior would have to create AI that doesn't suck.
    3. The player could swap between the three Baker family members, each having their own powers and abilities. (Though obviously they can't all be too complex, considering there'd be three of them.) We don't have anything like this currently. The Twins are similar-ish, but Victor (in-game, not lore wise) functions more so as Charlotte's power and less so of being an actual killer. The only problem with this is just that it'd be very time-consuming for Behavior to create three killers at once.

So yes, I do very well believe that Jack could make for an interesting and unique killer.

• DoomedGuy
    DoomedGuy Member Posts: 41

I’d rather another game/movie series get a chance

• LittleBigSunset
    LittleBigSunset Member Posts: 242

Now that they're actually giving him a face with the RE8 Third Person update, I think Ethan would be a perfect fit for survivor.

Could give him his outfits from 7 and 8 (with an option for a chewed off hand like Ash has for his metal arm/puppets), plus a legendary molded looking version.

An idea for a perk could be something to do with quick health regeneration, but as the trial progresses you become more sluggish/ harder to heal and weaker in general (like how Ethan regenerates seemingly fatal wounds thanks to his connection to the mold, but by the end of Village is literally falling apart).

Maybe something based around his blocking ability in the games, although given Dead Hard is pretty much universally hated that'll probably not go down well. Or possibly something to do with protecting the obsession (like how he is determined to save his daughter, no matter the cost).

I think he'd be an excellent addition and a way to link the older fans of RE who are attached to Jill and Leon to the newer fans of RE who may have been drawn to Ethan as a character. He really grew on me in Village.

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,440

Jack baker is literally a dbd killer already, it actually triggers me how he has been missed twice.

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

I sincerely hope we get Hunk as a survivor in some form.

• Chaos999
    Chaos999 Member Posts: 869

Honestly all tyrant forms aren't... Really that different from nemesis.

Jack baker could be cool and fit the game very well.

Failing that, the lepotitsa has the right size and interesting abilities that could be played with on DBD.

Naturally we already know we are getting wesker, so I would like it to be its base form with the sunglasses and trenchoat, because, cool looking, but we will likely get mutant version, which is kind of generic.

• TheDarkTyrant

Wesker is probably just as iconic as Nemesis. He just is. He was the very first villain. I know without a doubt he is the 2nd most iconic villain. I guess is he as recognizable as Nemesis outside of RE? Not really. Nemesis is like Mario and stuff. Not everyone necessarily has to be a fan or even play RE but he's just such an iconic image that a lot people have at least just seen him. Wesker I wouldn't say is that but for RE he is definitely one of the most iconic.

• TheDarkTyrant

Ethan is very unlikely as he doesn't actually have a face yet. Sure there is a third person mode but the animations clearly still hide his face. And when the camera moves, his head turns as well saw in the trailer.

• TheDarkTyrant

Well that can be said for a lot of RE characters. I mean Mr. X feels like he was made for DBD even though obviously he wasn't. Nemesis was the perfect choice though. They just didn't use him to his full potential.

• TheDarkTyrant

Gameplay wise they can all play very different. They all share similarities but a Mr. X would still play very different from a Nemesis in DBD as an example. Plus if we somehow got 2 more paragraphs and they were both Mr. X and the RE1 Tyrant just to have the original 3 Tyrants, that would be awesome.

He could but there is just many more fascinating options like Mr. X or Lisa or maybe even a basic enemy.

I doubt we would get his mutant version. I actually am gonna say I guarantee it won't be that. #1 he's too big in that form (What I mean is his virus arms are too long and make him very wide, obviously a huge problem for doors) #2 I mean why would they do that anyways? They are always looking to get the most iconic characters and versions if they can. Choosing mutant Wesker is like choosing the Super Tyrant from RE2R instead of normal Mr. X

• QwQw

That's what I'm saying! It feels like he was made to be a killer in this game.

• QwQw

As I said, in-universe Wesker is very important, but outside of it? I 100% disagree. I'll tell you, before I got into Re, I had absolutely no clue who Wesker was; I had never even heard of him. If anything, I was told to avoid Re5 and 6 (especially 6) because they weren't nearly as good as the rest of the games in the franchise. I had primarily heard people talk about Mr. X, Nemesis, and Jack Baker. (More so the first two).

Also, him being "iconic" doesn't fix that I think he doesn't fit in DbD from an aesthetic, lore, or design standpoint.

• TheDarkTyrant

If Wesker doesn't fit then Nemesis just doesn't fit. They both fit perfectly though. I don't know who you've talked to but Wesker is all over the RE community. His lines, his looks, his story. Wesker is iconic.

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270

Honestly my top 4 choices(that aren't a tyrant as they could used as legendary skins for Nemesis) would be jack baker, William phase 1, lady dimitrescu and the hunter

• TheDarkTyrant

No Tyrant could be a legendary skin as Nemesis. Making them a legendary skin is like making Lady D or something as a legendary skin. It doesn't make a single bit of sense.

• Yippiekiyah
    Yippiekiyah Member Posts: 479
    edited June 2022

Survivors would be Ada and Rebecca, killer Mr X

• QwQw

Well, I also don't think Nemesis works; at least not well. So there you go.

• TheDarkTyrant

And yet they chose him. Sort of. The version they chose doesn't work but the real one can.

• DY86
    DY86 Member Posts: 570

Oooh thats juicy bro. A licker would be nice man. But I think they’re gonna bring someone from the big leagues u know? Like Mr X or Mutated Birkin. but ur licker idea is awesome

• DY86
    DY86 Member Posts: 570

I’d like Mother Miranda from Village tbh. Her aesthetics fit DBD quite well just dont know how theyd add her powers in the game tho.

also, maybe Marguerite or Jack Baker they’d be a fun addition

• ElleGreen
    ElleGreen Member Posts: 1,063

A Code Veronica chapter would have been cool with Claire and Chris and Alexia as the killer