Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Is deep wound on Deathslinger noticeably useful?

WeaverReaver42
WeaverReaver42 Member Posts: 213

I've found that I can't reall capitalize on the extra time the status gives. I'm wondering if I'm alone in this or if others also feel it has little impact.

Is deep wound on Deathslinger noticeably useful? 40 votes

It has no impact
7%
TunnelVisionChurchofPigtliff 3 votes
It's situationally useful
67%
White_OwlbrockGVoidV2ElikMattie_MayhemOGGlamourousLeviathanTatariuMekochiDarkMagikCrowmanswogYordsQwQwPSPAurelleBennett_They1ThemAlex_Fuzzycubesizzlingmario4Xernoton 27 votes
It is often useful but not always
17%
brokedownpalacemusstang62RavenTheWraithcheezjtzViktor1853fogdonkeyDootLord 7 votes
I notice it in most games
0%
I always find it useful
7%
NaddaMozicJudithMorel 3 votes

Comments

• duygu
    duygu Member Posts: 333

pretty much only useful for delaying heals or negating adrenaline in my experience

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,371

It prevents survivors from using styptic in chase on top of eating the adrenaline heal.

It effectively increases the time to heal if you have to drop chase.

It's really there to reward the deathslinger for landing a chain even if they weren't able to successfully land the hit.

• Mozic
    Mozic Member Posts: 601
    I always find it useful

If you drop chase, it's an extra 12 seconds of mending on top of a heal, which is pretty impactful. It also must be dealt with before the survivor can do much that's productive.

If the chase continues, the survivor has the deep wound visual interference to contend with in chase on top of the inability to stand still for too long - adding a lot of additional pressure to the survivor over the course of the remaining chase. The average survivor loops worse with deep wounds.

• WeaverReaver42

Gonna be honest, for some reason I never saw it as being used for a chase. I kinda had the idea that it was more of a 'set it and forget it' kind of mechanic rather than something that influences the survivors choices in a chase. Thanks for that perspective!

• Slan
    Slan Member Posts: 306

It allows slinger to softly delay survivors. They will still heal themselves quickly, especially if certain boon is in the match, but forcing survivors to heal means they are not doing gens. Better something than nothing I guess.

• Mekochi
    Mekochi Member Posts: 942

Definitely situational, anytime I play against a deathslinger it really just depends on the amount of pressure they have throughout the match, the reasoning for this is because if you're being chased you're not going to get the time to mend, so even if your adrenaline pops it's not going to help you in the end as you'll only be healed from broken to injured. So it's only small situations like that where the ability was proved to be useful, but it can also deny survivors healing time sort of like Legion putting survivors in broken with his/her frenzy.

It's really just to slow down healing

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 981

On the other killer that gives deep wound (Legion), the stat makes sense since you're hitting multiple survivors with it so it works as a slowdown mechanic. Deathslinger isn't a hit & run killer, so deep wound makes no sense with him. IMO, deep wound on Deathslinger should work like how it worked with OG Legion, so if the DS keeps hitting you with his shots but he doesn't hit you with his M1, he should at least make the deep wound timer decrease.

• Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513

I've gotten downs with it before, but those were on blendettes who also tried to self care while within pinching distance, so, no, it's not worth all that much.

• WeaverReaver42

That would honestly make more sense. Rather than have direct kill potential he's good at running people down. You could even reduce how long the chain lasts so the deathslinger can't two hit down you as easily (which granted still isn't easy as you need to line up those shots in potentially cluttered areas).

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 981

On the past, they removed this from Legion because it had no counterplay, which kinda makes sense given the nature of the killer. Deathslinger doesn't have that problem since it is pretty difficult to hit shots and survivors can dodge it. It would also reward you for doing interesting shots in places where you wouldn't normally get the hit.

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567
    It is often useful but not always

I often drop the chase if the person has deep wound and I find another survivor in a bad spot.

• WeaverReaver42

See I've tried that, but it ends up feeling like I end up wasting my time to injure someone when I could have just downed the first person instead.