The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

am i the only one who isn't happy with exit gates?

it isn't a big problem but i think its a problem. i think exit gates are open to fast. i have thought it over and i'm not trying to be bias (is that the word), even though i'm probably going to come across that way. they get done to fast in my opinion. i have thought of 2 solutions that could work.
1. just make it slower
2. when a survivor stops opening the gate it starts to regresses

i don't care if none of these ideas get implemented because there are many more problems but i thought i would say it. this is just a discussion and not a very meaningful one so sarcastic and annoyed comments are just unneeded (i'm only putting this in because i'm expecting them). what do you think because that's the point of a discussion.

Comments

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Just run RM.
  • HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

use remember me, blood warden if you want to slow down the end game

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

Endgame is lacking excitement in general.

And it's not because it's too fast.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Vietfox said:
    Just run RM.
    Yes!!! Theres so many end game perks that people don't really expect until it's too late!!!
  • ReneAensland
    ReneAensland Member Posts: 838

I'd like it if the status on the gates slowly depleted when you let go.

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

The fact that RNG is such a factor in spawn locations is silly. Very different situation if they are right beside each other or on opposite ends.

• XxAtomicAlfiexX
    XxAtomicAlfiexX Member Posts: 395

@ReneAensland said:
    I'd like it if the status on the gates slowly depleted when you let go.

i did say that.

• XxAtomicAlfiexX

@HellDescent said:
    use remember me, blood warden if you want to slow down the end game

yes but they take up perk slots and its only a minority of the game. i do use noed ,ill give you that, but i would still prefer to use those slots on other perks, especially tracking perk.

• douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316
    Too op*
  • XxAtomicAlfiexX

@Barron said:
    Increase staring at more progress bars! What a wonderful idea. Just what this game needs. More time to stare at progress bars so you can reliably 4k.

can you read or do you not speak English properly. i said sarcasm was unneeded and yet you still made this comment.

• XxAtomicAlfiexX

@Might_Oakk said:
    The fact that RNG is such a factor in spawn locations is silly. Very different situation if they are right beside each other or on opposite ends.

what does RNG mean.

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243
    edited December 2018

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

@Might_Oakk said:

what does RNG mean.

Random number generation.

Basically just when success in games is affected by luck rather then skill. Other examples are escaping Freddys dreamworld and removing the Pigs traps.

The more RNG the less competitive the game.

• XxAtomicAlfiexX

@Might_Oakk said:

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

@Might_Oakk said:

what does RNG mean.

Basically just when success in games is affected by luck rather then skill. Other examples are escaping Freddys dreamworld and removing the Pigs traps.

thank you very much.

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    It’s whatever man. I will politely say that I think there are far more serious issues that need fixing first. 
  • XxAtomicAlfiexX

@DarkWo1f997 said:
    It’s whatever man. I will politely say that I think there are far more serious issues that need fixing first. 

i did say there are other problems but i chose this one because its not that controversial within the community so i thought i would get a good discussion going.

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

regression on exit gates will help, cause it makes sense and... just thought of a surveillance buff by reading this

• Justicar
    Justicar Member Posts: 319

Here's the changes I would make:

• 1 Exit Gate, 1 Hatch
    • When all gens are powered, both activate and can be opened.
    • When all gens are powered, the exit gate is shown to both the survivors and the killer. The hatch is not.
    • Both the gen and the hatch can be opened at the same progression rate.
    • The hatch does not make its normal sound until it has been fully opened.
    • If there is only one survivor remaining, the hatch can be opened by that survivor if found regardless of how many gens have been done.

Thoughts?

• XxAtomicAlfiexX
    edited December 2018

@Justicar said:

• 1 Exit Gate, 1 Hatch
    • When all gens are powered, the exit gate is shown to both the survivors and the killer. The hatch is not.
    • If there is only one survivor remaining, the hatch can be opened by that survivor if found regardless of how many gens have been done.

Thoughts?

i think 2 exit gates are good but they should always be on the same side and the hatch is good as it is. also i still believe in my points from earlier.

• DarkWo1f997

@Justicar said:

• 1 Exit Gate, 1 Hatch

Thoughts?

i think 2 exit gates are good but they should always be on the same side and the hatch is good as it is. also i still believe in my points from earlier.

They would have to be careful not to place them too close together then.  Because if they are, no one is getting those gates open.  
  • redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269
    I'd say instead of regression the gate has to be restarted from light 1 if it's activated that far if not from start and they should make the escape room longer so people stop forcing a chase out
  • will_i_am_14_85
    will_i_am_14_85 Member Posts: 489

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

1. when a survivor stops opening the gate it starts to regresses

I think it should do this as well.

• DarkWo1f997

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

1. when a survivor stops opening the gate it starts to regresses

I think it should do this as well.

I think automatic regression should be present on everything that isn’t self heal or gens. Regression needs to be a thing for mend though.  
  • KiraElijah
    KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187
    edited December 2018
    Two exits gate is two op for the killer to keep a track of and when all gens are done and exits are open and hatch is open and one survivor remains then they are screwed over even more as they have to guard three exits when the survivor decides it's a good idea to hold the game hostage
    The killer could just bodyblock the gate, think about it
  • Onionthing
    Onionthing Member Posts: 469

What survivors need is:

1 escape hatch,
    1 exit door,
    1 flare canon to call in a air rescue.

On a serious note, door regression isn't a half bad idea ... or let me kick the door like i can kick gens.

• dannyfrog87
    dannyfrog87 Member Posts: 568

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:
    it isn't a big problem but i think its a problem. i think exit gates are open to fast. i have thought it over and i'm not trying to be bias (is that the word), even though i'm probably going to come across that way. they get done to fast in my opinion. i have thought of 2 solutions that could work.
    1. just make it slower

i don't care if none of these ideas get implemented because there are many more problems but i thought i would say it. this is just a discussion and not a very meaningful one so sarcastic and annoyed comments are just unneeded (i'm only putting this in because i'm expecting them). what do you think because that's the point of a discussion.

yep example the swamp map. the only killer who can get across in time is billy but the problem is even as fast as he is. the gates open at one end or your too fast to rush inbetween due to the survivor knowing your trying to catch them inbetween that was months ago like 6 i remember having that problem. other killers cant get across the maps in time depending. i barely play these days i just cant tolerate the over all bullshit imbalance and devs pandering to survivors. example this whole legion crap where he cant do the business to kill. then why in the ######### did you create the killer? anyway back on topic the game is far too rng based totem placements hatch. and then not to mention hatch standoff. the gate is just one of many issues. i just read the forums from time to time to see if anything positive towards killer changes but it never does lol

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
    90% of solutions suggested on this forum =JUST MAKE IT LONGER. The reason devs don't keep making everything take longer is because it's bad design.
  • Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

@Might_Oakk said:

what does RNG mean.

Pig traps arent RNG though....it picks one when a trap is placed. Not as you attempt boxes. 

But yes, RNG sucks with gates because they're either so far apart the killer gets juggled sometimes between the both with 4 escapes, or they're both within eyesight and the survivors are hard pressed. Usually not an issue, but I agree that rng holds a lot of weight when trying to balance things like this.
  • Avariku
    Avariku Member Posts: 608
    maybe after the gate is powered and opened, it slowly begins shutting after about 45 seconds, but the progress bar only deteriorates to half so that it can be opened again? seems like a decent compromise to me, plus it would make for some clutch moments of trying to escape while the gate is slowly shutting, just barely making it under it or having to crouch at the last few seconds....  would suck to misjudge it though.  xD
  • OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716
    Just use Remember me then
  • Oblitiry
    Oblitiry Member Posts: 487
    edited December 2018
    A lot of these ideas would skyrocket survivor death rates and severely lower escape rates. It's a great way to kill the game that's for sure. 

You either build for end game or you don't, that's your choice. The game shouldn't be changed to compensate for your refusal to do so.

Exit gates are fine in my opinion although they should have more randomized spawns on all the maps.

(Edit) typos
    Post edited by Oblitiry on
  • XxAtomicAlfiexX

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:

1. i dont have it and im not getting freddy for it
    2. its a perk slot i would rather use for something else
  • XxAtomicAlfiexX

@Oblitiry said:
    A lot of these ideas would skyrocket survivor death rates and severely lower escape rates. It's a great way to kill the game that's for sure. 

You either build for end game or you don't, that's your choice. The game shouldn't be changed to compensate for your refusal to do so.

Exit gates are fine in my opinion although they should have more randomized spawns on all the maps.

(Edit) typos

i disagree with you on the spawn location. i think they should both spawn on the same side because having to walk to the other side of the map to check on that gate and everyone escapes through the other is very annoying. the killer is never going to win in that situation. i also think that if a survivor stops opening the gate its progress should slowly go down but not enough that it will be 0 by the time the killer comes back. can you now see my reasoning.

• XxAtomicAlfiexX

@dannyfrog87 said:

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:
    1. just make it slower

yep example the swamp map. the only killer who can get across in time is billy but the problem is even as fast as he is. the gates open at one end or your too fast to rush inbetween due to the survivor knowing your trying to catch them inbetween that was months ago like 6 i remember having that problem. other killers cant get across the maps in time depending. i barely play these days i just cant tolerate the over all bullshit imbalance and devs pandering to survivors. example this whole legion crap where he cant do the business to kill. then why in the [BAD WORD] did you create the killer? anyway back on topic the game is far too rng based totem placements hatch. and then not to mention hatch standoff. the gate is just one of many issues. i just read the forums from time to time to see if anything positive towards killer changes but it never does lol

he isnt much of a killer if he cant kill is he. from what i see killers never get positive attention. they either get the wrong things changed or they get nerfed. i had a game on coldwind the other day were i only got 1 kill before the last gen was done and another after the last gen and i only got that kill because of noed and camping and then my noed gets destroyed because it spawned right in front of an exit gate so when i go over to the gate its wide open and the survivors were tea-bagging me. ######### was i supposed to do in that situation, hit one and hope there to dumb to leave. it was stupid. that whole game was an example of most things wrong with the game but im not going to list them here.

• OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:

1. i dont have it and im not getting freddy for it
    2. its a perk slot i would rather use for something else
    1. It literally showed up in the shrine like 2 or 3 times in the past 2 months.

2. That's what's wrong with alot of killers today... You complain about something when the devs actually created a perk that counters what you're complaining about. If you want the gates to open really slow so you would have sometime to catch survivors at them, then you will need to run Remember me but if you feel like this perk that's going to help you in your cause of why you're complaining not good enough to be in one of your slots... Then I don't know what else to say my friend but good luck.
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    When they finally get around to hiding endgame perks from SWF I'll be taking Bloodwarden a lot more. It's my favourite perk, so sneaky.
  • AlexChaoZ1411
    AlexChaoZ1411 Member Posts: 3
    Just an idea:
    5 generators.
    Survivors need to be hooked up to 4 times.
    8 chest, 6 items 1 key 1 fuse. Searching chest takes more time( break open animation before searching)
    Fuse is needed to open the gates, key for the hatch.
    Hatch spawns like always.
    Maps are chosen by all players, if different maps have same number of voices random generator kicks in. 
    5 perks per player, 1 has to be from the survivor/killer you chose.

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463

1. just make it slower

I agree, the only times I can still get survivors if they manage to get to the gates is thanks to the trapper. He is the only killer that can hit multiple survivors from anywhere he is.

That thing you said about regressing the gates is pretty cool tbh.
  • BabyKillerTears
    BabyKillerTears Member Posts: 24

Just run remember me

• XxAtomicAlfiexX

@tt_ivi_99 said:
    XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

1. just make it slower

I agree, the only times I can still get survivors if they manage to get to the gates is thanks to the trapper. He is the only killer that can hit multiple survivors from anywhere he is.

That thing you said about regressing the gates is pretty cool tbh.

thank, im a trapper main to.

• XxAtomicAlfiexX

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:
    XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:

* i dont have it and im not getting freddy for it
    * its a perk slot i would rather use for something else

1. It literally showed up in the shrine like 2 or 3 times in the past 2 months.

1. That's what's wrong with alot of killers today... You complain about something when the devs actually created a perk that counters what you're complaining about. If you want the gates to open really slow so you would have sometime to catch survivors at them, then you will need to run Remember me but if you feel like this perk that's going to help you in your cause of why you're complaining not good enough to be in one of your slots... Then I don't know what else to say my friend but good luck.

its not that i dont want the perk or that i dont think its useful. i know i sound very counter productive but i have a build i dont want to change. if i did have the perk i could probably figure out something that can go with it. also i hid no iridescent shards because i kept spending the, i started saving a few weeks ago and now have 11 thousand but im going to spend them on a killer.

This discussion has been closed.