The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

New survivor exploit has officially countered Legion to exinction.

2»

Comments

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    Boss said:

On a side note: Is this confirmed an exploit? Or was this an exaggeration to lure in readers?

An exploit is taking advantage of something that wasn’t intended. In other words, they are exploiting a design flaw to game breaking levels ultimately putting deep wounds in a not so promising state. 

so they are exploiting something that is flawed, to benefit from it. It’s not their fault, the game doesn’t tell us what is and isn’t intended for survivor/killer interaction.  Not until the ban waves start rolling out anyways. 
  • DarkWo1f997
    Boss said:

@redsopine01 said:
    Boss said:

On a side note: Is this confirmed an exploit? Or was this an exaggeration to lure in readers?

Currently it's the new ptb gimmick against the legion were he can't kill you with his power and if your hit twice it's a double stun so they never heal and stand right behind him mending as he looks for others

Hmm, sounds more like the devs just didn't think it through.

I think this is a result of overthinking and overlooking.  He’s gone through a lot of changes pre-PTB apparently. 
  • Alphatitan_94
    Alphatitan_94 Member Posts: 40
    Ill have to side with dark wo1f on this one legion seems very under powered and thanks to the new survivor perks survivors are at an advantage i mean its good but not for people who just play killer iron maiden seems like a decent perk Especialy for the huntress mains but i can see people always running it on leigon mad grit+ stbfl seems to be over powered but its not my decision on what gos in the game if you disagree with what i said or wanna discuss this more woth me then dm me im always up for a discussion
  • RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

@Raccoon said:

@RSB said:

@Barron said:

@Blueberry said:

@Barron said:

@DarkWo1f997 said:
    Blueberry said:

Sounds reasonable and makes sense to me. Survivors needs a reason to heal against him, otherwise they all just stay injured and make him look stupid.

I think making him a burst killer would be really fun and unique, but he feels like a gimmick right now and when the illusion of your power making a difference shatters, he just loses his appeal. He does basically nothing. 

Yea, but would it be fun to play against. You realize people need to have fun to play a game and to continue to play it, right?

With the changes he sounds pretty fun to play against to me.

I read your posts. One of the most biased individuals on these forums. I most certainly don't respect your opinion or what you would consider "fun".

Says who? You?

The first defender of all biased survivors and imbalance in this game? Give me a break, if you think someone here takes you seriously, then it is just hilarious.

• DarkWo1f997
    powerbats said:

@DarkWo1f997 said:

I think you’re crazy. I mean, there would have to be a lot of hypocrisy on his part to-

Oh...

That was hawt and i had to give it an awesome, I just wish I could've given more awesomes for that.

Lol. 
  • Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861
    Blueberry said:

@Speshul_Kitten said:
    Blueberry said:

@Barron said:

@Blueberry said:

@Barron said:

@DarkWo1f997 said:

Blueberry said:

Sounds reasonable and makes sense to me. Survivors needs a reason to heal against him, otherwise they all just stay injured and make him look stupid.

I think making him a burst killer would be really fun and unique, but he feels like a gimmick right now and when the illusion of your power making a difference shatters, he just loses his appeal. He does basically nothing. 

Yea, but would it be fun to play against. You realize people need to have fun to play a game and to continue to play it, right?

I read your posts. One of the most biased individuals on these forums. I most certainly don't respect your opinion or what you would consider "fun".

I find that quite ironic since you were the one that asked me a question.

Regardless, I am not biased at all, I play both sides at rank 1 regularly. However, I doubt you could say the same.

Look who it is accusing people of not playing both sides. Sounds like you need to get put in your place again 🤨

Oh you mean I need to put you in time out again?

You already got taught a lesson that you didn't learn last time, let's not embarrass yourself more

@Blueberry: I’ll just pretend to play both sides and diss people who have an opinion against killers, then I’ll make them show they play both sides to get away with it, since they won’t do it anyway.

forum member: shows proof they play both sides

@Blueberry :

Grins look up redsopine1's live dbd game (I pay both and constantly live stream games just have 3 typo f13 games with dbd on them but I got proof there for you more killer but now doing more survivor to balance it out)
    Proof doesn’t matter to @blueberry he just taunts players into it thinking they won’t show proof, then when you do there’s nothing he can say.
  • Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

@Speshul_Kitten said:
    redsopine01 said:

Speshul_Kitten said:

Blueberry said:

@Speshul_Kitten said:

Blueberry said:

@Barron said:

@Blueberry said:

@Barron said:

@DarkWo1f997 said:

Blueberry said:

Regardless, I am not biased at all, I play both sides at rank 1 regularly. However, I doubt you could say the same.

Look who it is accusing people of not playing both sides. Sounds like you need to get put in your place again 🤨

You already got taught a lesson that you didn't learn last time, let's not embarrass yourself more

@Blueberry: I’ll just pretend to play both sides and diss people who have an opinion against killers, then I’ll make them show they play both sides to get away with it, since they won’t do it anyway.

@Blueberry :

Grins look up redsopine1's live dbd game (I pay both and constantly live stream games just have 3 typo f13 games with dbd on them but I got proof there for you more killer but now doing more survivor to balance it out)

Proof doesn’t matter to @blueberry he just taunts players into it thinking they won’t show proof, then when you do there’s nothing he can say.

I stream on twitch, would you like me to go live right now so you can see my hours, rank, and game play of both sides? You talk a lot of smack with nothing to back it up, I've got all the proof behind my claims.

You didn't show me anything on the last thread, a couple pictures of you at rank 1 means absolutely nothing. I stopped responding because you've made it quite clear your lack of IQ has lead you be unable to follow any coherent train of thought, not because you proved anything.

Lastly, "diss people who have an opinion against killers" I have done nothing of the such and your hypocrisy is glaring. You literally even came to this page to comment on me about absolutely nothing to do with the thread but to try and taunt me.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Blueberry said:

@Speshul_Kitten said:
    redsopine01 said:

Speshul_Kitten said:

Blueberry said:

@Speshul_Kitten said:

Blueberry said:

@Barron said:

@Blueberry said:

@Barron said:

@DarkWo1f997 said:

Blueberry said:

@Blueberry :

I stream on twitch, would you like me to go live right now so you can see my hours, rank, and game play of both sides? You talk a lot of smack with nothing to back it up, I've got all the proof behind my claims.

You didn't show me anything on the last thread, a couple pictures of you at rank 1 means absolutely nothing. I stopped responding because you've made it quite clear your lack of IQ has lead you be unable to follow any coherent train of thought, not because you proved anything.

Lastly, "diss people who have an opinion against killers" I have done nothing of the such and your hypocrisy is glaring. You literally even came to this page to comment on me about absolutely nothing to do with the thread but to try and taunt me.

Stop being a crybaby, you asked for proof of Rank 1 on both sides and I gave it to you, completely disregarding 90% of everything you said in that post. When I did you were nowhere to be found. 
    I’ll link it since you like that kind of stuff: 
    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/33071/why-does-bbq-deserve-a-buff/p1
  • Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    If you think being a 110% m1 killer is good at all, you should see Montos videos. He makes short work of Legion even with No Mither runs. 
  • Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
    I wouldn't go as far as saying it's an exploit, but it does show how poorly thought out the Legion's power is.

They did this same nonsense with the Spirit. They made a 110% M1 Killer with a power not worthy of making her 110%. Now Spirit is good despite her speed because her power is good enough.

People claiming that Legion is fine need to play more hatchetless Huntress, because that ######### ######### sucks. That is the primary reason I don't play Huntress and hardly any Hag. 110% chase is the pits.
  • Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

@Speshul_Kitten said:
    Blueberry said:

@Speshul_Kitten said:

redsopine01 said:

Speshul_Kitten said:

Blueberry said:

@Speshul_Kitten said:

Blueberry said:

@Barron said: @Blueberry said: @Barron said: @DarkWo1f997 said: Blueberry said: Sounds reasonable and makes sense to me. Survivors needs a reason to heal against him, otherwise they all just stay injured and make him look stupid. I think making him a burst killer would be really fun and unique, but he feels like a gimmick right now and when the illusion of your power making a difference shatters, he just loses his appeal. He does basically nothing.  Yea, but would it be fun to play against. You realize people need to have fun to play a game and to continue to play it, right? With the changes he sounds pretty fun to play against to me. I read your posts. One of the most biased individuals on these forums. I most certainly don't respect your opinion or what you would consider "fun". I find that quite ironic since you were the one that asked me a question. Regardless, I am not biased at all, I play both sides at rank 1 regularly. However, I doubt you could say the same.

@Blueberry :

Stop being a crybaby, you asked for proof of Rank 1 on both sides and I gave it to you, completely disregarding 90% of everything you said in that post. When I did you were nowhere to be found. 
    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/33071/why-does-bbq-deserve-a-buff/p1

Stop crying long enough to reread those posts and see what I actually said. All you provided was rank 1 killer proof and that is not what I asked for. "When I did you were nowhere to be found." Once again, reread my posts because I've already answered this, you're just failing to follow along. Keep up.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited December 2018

@Rebel_Raven said:
    If you think being a 110% m1 killer is good at all, you should see Montos videos. He makes short work of Legion even with No Mither runs. 

Keep in mind PTB doesn't factor rank. He was playing against rank 15 killers and stuff. Ofc a player with +2k hours will beat a baby easy every time. Also the killer is brand new and in the first few days no one will fully understand how to best play him. Also also killer players are probably not explicitly playing to 4k they are playing to experiment with stuff and figure out the new killer.

That doesn't mean Legion is weak or strong. Just that you can't really use the PTB as reliable evidence for or against. We need results from games with equally ranked players playing normally. When you can bring a purple toolbox with a BNP or insta-heals every game it kinda skews results.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

Well a some good examples of an exploits would be the Tinkerer II no terror radius bug that once discovered every killer seemed to start using it.

The other was the clown reloading movement speed exploit that every Clown started using and you started seeing clowns at ranks you wouldn't before.

In both those cases they were known exploits that once known became more widespread in usage despite it being made clear by the devs they were exploits.

Now for this one this might just be a bug and not an exploit and if it's an exploit will probably be patched before live and if it hits live and is still there. Those abusing it will get coal in their socks form the devs if it's an exploit and they abuse it.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775

@Rebel_Raven said:

Keep in mind PTB doesn't factor rank. He was playing against rank 15 killers and stuff. Ofc a player with +2k hours will beat a baby easy every time. Also the killer is brand new and in the first few days no one will fully understand how to best play him. Also also killer players are probably not explicitly playing to 4k they are playing to experiment with stuff and figure out the new killer.

That doesn't mean Legion is weak or strong. Just that you can't really use the PTB as reliable evidence for or against. We need results from games with equally ranked players playing normally. When you can bring a purple toolbox with a BNP or insta-heals every game it kinda skews results.

There's no way he did about a dozen matches all against low level killers. Statistically it should not be possible.

Legion doesn't seem complex. Hybrid Panda got it rather quickly.

Legion doesn't seem strong. 

Well, if they aren't going to test Legion thoroughly, I hope I don't have to pay to be a Guinea pig when legion goes live.
  • Speshul_Kitten
    Blueberry said:

@Speshul_Kitten said:
    Blueberry said:

@Speshul_Kitten said:

redsopine01 said:

Speshul_Kitten said:

Blueberry said:

@Speshul_Kitten said:

Blueberry said:

@Barron said: @Blueberry said: @Barron said: @DarkWo1f997 said: Blueberry said: Sounds reasonable and makes sense to me. Survivors needs a reason to heal against him, otherwise they all just stay injured and make him look stupid. I think making him a burst killer would be really fun and unique, but he feels like a gimmick right now and when the illusion of your power making a difference shatters, he just loses his appeal. He does basically nothing.  Yea, but would it be fun to play against. You realize people need to have fun to play a game and to continue to play it, right? With the changes he sounds pretty fun to play against to me. I read your posts. One of the most biased individuals on these forums. I most certainly don't respect your opinion or what you would consider "fun". I find that quite ironic since you were the one that asked me a question. Regardless, I am not biased at all, I play both sides at rank 1 regularly. However, I doubt you could say the same.

@Blueberry :

Stop crying long enough to reread those posts and see what I actually said. All you provided was rank 1 killer proof and that is not what I asked for. "When I did you were nowhere to be found." Once again, reread my posts because I've already answered this, you're just failing to follow along. Keep up.

You’re a funny guy, I’m more amused by your low intelligence than anything on these forums tbh.
  • OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716
    Sooooo what exploit again?
  • ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited December 2018
    Sooooo what exploit again?
    Literally mending as soon as he leaves.

Ban common sense plz.
  • Vesperiavi
    Vesperiavi Member Posts: 45
    Barron said:

@Blueberry said:

@Barron said:

@DarkWo1f997 said:
    Blueberry said:

Me? Biased? I play both sides evenly. I have a meg avatar FFS. You go ahead and play Legion and tell me how much fun you’re having. As a matter of fact, play anyone that isn’t billy, nurse, or, Myers and tell me what a blast it is to play killer. 

Dont even try to pretend that killer isnt more stressful than survivor. If I was biased, I would want Legion to have no secondary Frenzy hit cooldown, and an ability reset upon hitting the same target. 

Survivors got some stupidly overpowered buffs with the new changes and I think you label someone that wants a killer improved as “bias” because you don’t like the idea of actually having to try against a killer. 

EDIT: you don’t even acknowledge the new borrowed time problem or the stupid powerful new meta perk deck we just got for survivors. You are blind to balance issues on the survivor’s side and fail to see why these change suggestions are the way they are. 
    To be fair, I play killers other than those three and have a lot of fun. I'm not disagreeing or anything, just stating that it's a blast to play other killers. I agree that Legion is a little wonky right now in his state but who knows. I just wanted to add more view points in here I suppose. 
  • Pierre
    Pierre Member Posts: 31
    Guys we must discuss this in a calm and civil manner or the Devs won't take us seriously.
  • DarkWo1f997
    Cardgrey said:
    I don't get why people are so upset... Just don't play him if no one plays him then fun or viability won't matter.
    I'll stick to my predator style killer ty
    “I don’t understand why people don’t like the new killer whom can very rarely work as intended. I only play wraith so I guess I’ll never know.” 
  • DarkWo1f997
    Pierre said:
    Guys we must discuss this in a calm and civil manner or the Devs won't take us seriously.
    It won’t work. You’re basically throwing a textbook at a bunch of savages. They’ll just get mad, make monkey noises and burn your village to the ground. 

In all seriousness just leave it be. The less people are paying attention to them the less severe it is 
  • se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

I'd not call it an "exploit". It's what the developers called engaging and fun gameplay (for survivors).

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@Barron said:

That is the problem, everyone wants to inject their idea of fun into your play-style. "Fun" isn't the same for everyone and we already live in a world where people cry/rage the moment something isn't how they like. I don't see DBD ever reaching a "balanced" state that suits everyone because they cannot change the core problem of this game...the community.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@DarkWo1f997 said:
    Pierre said:

It won’t work. You’re basically throwing a textbook at a bunch of savages. They’ll just get mad, make monkey noises and burn your village to the ground. 

In all seriousness just leave it be. The less people are paying attention to them the less severe it is 

That was epic and almost made me choke on my coffee I was laughing so hard.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298
    edited December 2018

His power is weak yes but even if you fix his power to be dangerous you still have the problem where he is slower than everyone else and needs his power to catch up to people, he can't just hit them because he's too slow. Taking away the double stun when he hits the same person twice, having a huge stun when he manually stops using his power is a huge setback for Legion. He could easily play like Wraith where he is slower when he rings his bell(turning his power off) and then chase normally, he could turn his frenzy off with no stun and it could allow Legion to chase someone normally because they can be right up on them. Hitting the person a second time with Frenzy should not have a huge stun and wiping the blade, it should just be wiping the blade and not give the Survivor another speed boost.

Regardless there are many ways to fix the Legion, he/she is so close to being OP or the weakest, even I made a post about how to help Legion, it wasn't as popular as this because there was no drama but there are lots of ways to fix them and I honestly believe we need another PTB with whatever changes they make, just one more with this particular killer, have it last just a day. Whatever changes they make will either break or help him and sending out a broken killer and saying ''have fun with what you got, we'll fix him eventually'' is not responsible just for the sole reason of how on the edge this killer is.