Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

New Legacy rewards good or bad?

Kidpesce
Kidpesce Member Posts: 7

Are the new Legacy Rewards good or bad? Should they have given similar exclusive legacy clothing for this go around or stuck with the sprinkles on the character portraits that no one but you can see?

New Legacy rewards good or bad? 105 votes

Good - i dont want to be left out because i didnt put in the work to prestige anyone
11%
GibberishMiriamGMrPenguinciaranr1997noname11223345bm33Ghouled_MojoAlex_deKlaw_04hastarkisChikyrandom_furry 12 votes
Bad - they should have given us something similar to the Legacy Clothing
88%
Hail_to_the_KingLaMupfelapathytheclownkodiakyBlueberrybrokedownpalaceanarchy753SomeGuy7000SkeletalEliteIronKnight55FeryGENFreddy96FreddoAhoyWolfgraveyard_7777GeneralVMrJack20252RoboMojoich_häng_mal_rumJusBlue 93 votes

Comments

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425
    Good - i dont want to be left out because i didnt put in the work to prestige anyone

I did a good amount of P3 myself, but I really don't like exclusive anything.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I don't care about them either way. 🤷‍♂️

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,061

I have 48 of the 59 characters, over 80%, at Prestige 3, and I am glad it's a basically nothing reward.

Exclusive stuff is dumb, nobody in any game should ever permanently miss out on stuff just because they did not start playing as early as some people or have as much free time to play as some people.

• RavenTheWraith
    RavenTheWraith Member Posts: 38

I like the icons, but the portrait one is just ugly.

• Mekochi
    Mekochi Member Posts: 942

I personally don't care for the rewards, I would've been happy with iridescent shards, or auric cells, they're not exclusive cuz they can be earned/paid for and the reward feels worthwhile over bloodpoints

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,139

The portraits are bad. I don't need Legacy clothing, though. They could've just done a better job with the portraits, used the characters' P3 heads or some blood splatters or something. Or they could've given us PIII charms. Or Bloodpoints. BP would be much better than this ugly gold overlay.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

Majority of people I've seen have said they were bad. Even I, am not going to say they were good.

• hastarkis
    hastarkis Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 580

I think the idea itself is good and I'm completely ok with legacy portrait filter (again: as an idea). I dislike legacy effect in its current state. They could make borders glowing, add Entity's claws around portraits or make up smth like that. That "golden" shimmer doesn't look good for me, it's ugly af, looks dirty, greeny and amaizingly flavorless :c

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

For the amount of work people who have P3'd have done in order to get there prior to the rework, we should get more than an icon and Plague puke portraits.

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252

lol

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259

I don't agree with legacy clothing because that should remain special (and I'm not that old of a player), but... I'd have preferred a charm, even. Ideally the prestige icon in game lobbies as mentioned in many threads. Just something that actually feels meaningful.

• ich_häng_mal_rum
    ich_häng_mal_rum Member Posts: 435

In my opinion the devs should give outfits as a reward. Players invest thousands of hours in the past for prestiging and all other rewards are a joke

• akaTheBARON
    akaTheBARON Member Posts: 346

I think a general idea behind, if they did a legacy cosmetic for this would be that it'd look different, like a different color or something. So they wouldn't have the same "flex" about them if thats something thats would be important to someone with those OG legacy skins (and I know some people who have them could give a F* about flexing, and feel they get tunneled when they wear them anyway LOL)

• GravelordNito99
    GravelordNito99 Member Posts: 229

The current reward is awful. They don't necessarily have to give us something like legacy (even though they should), but even just having the portraits be visible in the post-game screen, or applying the stinkly plague vomit filter to the prestige medals instead would be better.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

The reward is just bad. They should give at least something shards or auric cells even bp. But no only the lame icon. Ideally I would hoped some legacy cosmetics.

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259

That I wouldn't mind, like a silver or iridescent legacy version. Also agreed: I'd probably rarely wear them, but would be cool to show off to friends, lol.

• ciaranr1997
    ciaranr1997 Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 12

It is quite literally impossible to have spent billions of bloodpoints on a single character

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 981

I wouldn't hate the portrait filters if it wasn't the legacy reward. My problem with it is that it looks sooooo ugly if you don't have all characters with the filter. So if you are like me who does not have all characters on P3, you will forever be stuck with the filter on some and normal portrait on others, which is horrible.

• syain
    syain Member Posts: 440

I don't want cosmetics and wasn't expecting them since someone from BHVR said it wasn't gonna be the reward. But I wanted something like at least a partial refund of the bloodpoints I used to prestige the over 30 characters I have p3 lvl 50. I don't wanna show off to others, I wanna feel rewarded.

• katapad
    katapad Member Posts: 55

It doesn't actually let you show off anything, looks a lot like piss, and if you don't have everyone they feel out of place.

A name border or portrait in postgame would have been better. I'm just going to turn it off.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,157

I'm not a fan of exclusive stuff. I'm one that even though I've earned various event cosmetics I think after a year or so they should just give them to everyone. I've completed every rift and I think they should give out all the charms from the old rifts.

I'm not too impressed with the gold shimmer but whatever. I think it would've been a nice throw back and made the portraits look like legacy heads instead buuuuut that probably would've just increased the "bring legacy back" comments.

I do think they should give out some BP, if not for everyone they should atleast give BP to those that p3 all their survivors/killers.

• Kidpesce
    Kidpesce Member Posts: 7

100 votes later. Maybe we will see Behavior reward there long time players of 6 years of grinding with a real legacy cosmetic like last time. 6 years of grinding is much more dedication than 6 months so they should do the right thing and listen to their community and give a similar legacy cosmetic so they can show it off in game. A portrait no one but you can see is not good enough when you can just get any skin pack icon you want and someone will just put the Legacy ones up for everyone to put on all their characters...