The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Nurse's Calling vs Mending

What genius at bhvr thought it was a good idea for Nurse's not to work on the mending action, but works on snapping out? Great job guys.  :|

Comments

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    edited December 2018
    Its probably because you can snap out at any time that is convinient to you.

Whereas with mending you have a timer in which to get it done or else you're down. It would be very easy for legion to keep finding you otherwise.
  • Gamzello
    Gamzello Member Posts: 828
    L for killers
  • Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

Because otherwise the killer could interrupt the survivor mending himself and restart a chase, that stops the bleedout timer again.
    But Devs want survivor to mend, because it "slows down the game".
    It prevents the killer from downing anyone, but hey, it "slows down the game". Yay!^^
    [/s ]

• OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716
    Wolf74 said:

Because otherwise the killer could interrupt the survivor mending himself and restart a chase, that stops the bleedout timer again.
    But Devs want survivor to mend, because it "slows down the game".
    It prevents the killer from downing anyone, but hey, it "slows down the game". Yay!^^
    [/s ]

I mean sure, but slow down the game... Not really. Good survivors would keep doing gens even when injured. Adrenaline, DH, Lithe & Balance Landing are huge counters to Legion's power. Legion wastes so much time in a chase because of their slow movement speed that they're forced to use their power (that takes 4 hits to down someone.)
  • Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Its probably because you can snap out at any time that is convinient to you.

Whereas with mending you have a timer in which to get it done or else you're down. It would be very easy for legion to keep finding you otherwise.
    I think the main logic is you're mending a DEEP WOUND. As in a gash, deep stab, etc. Something that would and should require medical aid. Which is what nurses calling sees.

But they balanced it around how you said, and it doesnt logically/lore wise make sense to people.
  • Wolf74

@EntityDispleased said:
    They probably thought it would be too powerful. Legion can hit survivors all day long with his ability so I can imagine that they thought he'd be seeing NC auras left and right if lots of pressure is applied. He then could bait survivors into stopping the healing and start the timer or he can rush in and get a hit. I still don't think that'll make him strong enough to compete with other killers, especially that his potential would lie in a perk.

Thanks, you exactly described how the Legion SHOULD work.
    Of course from a killer perspective.
    Killer player want killer that can actually do their job and KILL.
    But the Devs created Legion to entertain the survivor.
    So killer player will buy -with money or shards- something that is not "made for them", but is "advertised" as it.
    Legion will be the perfect "killvivor" (survivor that play killer sometimes and just play how they want the killer to play).

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

IMO you should be using Stridor over Nurse's anyway. It's a more skillful perk and survivors can't hide their moans unless they use Iron Will (which is still trumped by Stridor). You can easily hide your aura though by just... not healing near the killer. Plus now we have Distortion.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Wolf74 said:

@EntityDispleased said:
    They probably thought it would be too powerful. Legion can hit survivors all day long with his ability so I can imagine that they thought he'd be seeing NC auras left and right if lots of pressure is applied. He then could bait survivors into stopping the healing and start the timer or he can rush in and get a hit. I still don't think that'll make him strong enough to compete with other killers, especially that his potential would lie in a perk.

So killer player will buy -with money or shards- something that is not "made for them", but is "advertised" as it.
    Legion will be the perfect "killvivor" (survivor that play killer sometimes and just play how they want the killer to play).

Any killer main who buys legion after this PTB and is dissapointed deserved it tbh.
    Even the perks are completely useless, I will completely skip on this one if there are no massive changes done

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited December 2018

@Master said:

@Wolf74 said:

@EntityDispleased said:

Any killer main who buys legion after this PTB and is dissapointed deserved it tbh.
    Even the perks are completely useless, I will completely skip on this one if there are no massive changes done

Not a Killer main, but I was excited for Deep Wound. It seemed good on paper, but in practice it makes the Legion worthless. This will be the first DLC I won't buy until the Legion or Deep Wound get some changes.

• Master

@Orion said:

@Master said:

@Wolf74 said:

@EntityDispleased said:

Not a Killer main, but I was excited for Deep Wound. It seemed good on paper, but in practice it makes the Legion worthless. This will be the first DLC I won't buy until the Legion sees some changes.

I would be completely fine with skipping another killer, but the deep wound also affects BT and thats a big issue if you ask me. And in the same patch we wont be able to detect SWF anymore.

I predict some very unfun games for both sides......

• Wolf74

@Master said:

@Orion said:

@Master said:

@Wolf74 said:

@EntityDispleased said:

Not a Killer main, but I was excited for Deep Wound. It seemed good on paper, but in practice it makes the Legion worthless. This will be the first DLC I won't buy until the Legion sees some changes.

I would be completely fine with skipping another killer, but the deep wound also affects BT and thats a big issue if you ask me. And in the same patch we wont be able to detect SWF anymore.

100% right. I have no clue why the Devs rebuff BT again.
    Giving the survivor more tools to pull off bad unhooks will not "solve" camping.

Give the killer a good reason to leave the hook, like a permanent action speed penalty for each time they got hooked. So the once hooked survivor would be less of a threat to the objectives and it would be more viable to spread out the hooks among the team to get the debuffs.

THAT would help versus "camping".

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited December 2018

Deep wounds is not a fun mechanic or either side, Legion is not a fun killer for either side, personally I wouldnt mind if they scrapped this DLC and went back to the drawing board and took another three months to make something more exciting.

Which bring me to NC, i can see why it doesnt work as the mechanic is Hit,mend,hit,mend,hit,mend,hit,mend over and over, who thought this would be a fun? there is never a need to heal as this killer will just hit you again and again, of course Legion cant use their power to actually kill so its so frustrating having to constantly wound someone and then chase at 110% speed.

When I see Legion all I think is they designed it as a Deathgarden advertisement, it is clearly modelled off the runners, I feel sorry for the design team that were tasked with this, all their cool ideas knocked on the head due to a game no one wanted to play.

• Master

@Wolf74 said:

@Master said:

@Orion said:

@Master said:

@Wolf74 said:

@EntityDispleased said:

Giving the survivor more tools to pull off bad unhooks will not "solve" camping.

Give the killer a good reason to leave the hook, like a permanent action speed penalty for each time they got hooked. So the once hooked survivor would be less of a threat to the objectives and it would be more viable to spread out the hooks among the team to get the debuffs.

You just want killer buffs for ez 4ks, classic killer main :sarcastic:

Might sound ridiculous, but thats the reason why we will never get sth like this sadly

• Wolf74

@Master said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Master said:

@Orion said:

@Master said:

@Wolf74 said:

@EntityDispleased said:

You just want killer buffs for ez 4ks, classic killer main :sarcastic:

Might sound ridiculous, but thats the reason why we will never get sth like this sadly

The "sarcastic" smilie is not all that obvious to understand. :P

• BestGamerMemes
    BestGamerMemes Member Posts: 13
    edited December 2018

You guys shouldn't be downing Legion, his ability is extremely useful even if you hit someone once, then they try to pallet loop they can't get away from you, the cooldown animation of the power isn't bad unless they are in a cornfield. I have gotten all my kills 8/10 games i play with Legion, and the other 2/10 are one surviving via the hatch. He is super OP.

I usually go for a regular hit first, then use his ability to land a hit on him or to vault a pallet when they try to loop me to live, and it never works out for them. They will just get scared and keep running away from the pallet so you can land a regular hit,

I find these perks are the best to use on him/her

Tinkerer
    Hex: Haunted Ground (Optional) Or Hex: No One Escapes Death (Optional)
    Barbecue and Chili
    Discordance

He can slow the game tremendously with his power while also being able to focus on any generators being done, and which are being done by more than 1 person. And ones that are almost done with tinkerer hides your terror radius so you can get a quick hit on someone anyway. It works well for me every game, you just need to learn how to use him right.

• dogepoop
    dogepoop Member Posts: 18

I like to bully the survivors with him, it works