The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

proximity chat between all players

If this could be implemented would it become too toxic or annoying since i feel it would add some fun elements to the game like choosing when to communicate and would also help buff solo queue so that players can communicate, i would also like it if the killer could hear this and communicate with the survivors that are close so constant communication can be punished.

Comments

• BaschFonRonsenburg
    BaschFonRonsenburg Member Posts: 311

I would main Freddy just to scream “come here, #########!” At every survivor

• Hi_Im_Chucky
    Hi_Im_Chucky Member Posts: 366

I say no, for obvious reasons (people will abuse it to be toxic). That being said, nothing is more funny to me then hearing a friends screams for help or panic get slowly washed away as I b-line into the opposite direction, choosing to preserve my own livelihood over them. xD

• BringShaggytoDBD
    BringShaggytoDBD Member Posts: 412

Personally I'm all for it, providing there's an option to mute players. I think it would drastically help SoloQ.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,041

On the one hand, it's probably the only thing that can truly fix the solo queue/SWF gap. On the other hand, people in this game are so habitually nasty that I can't imagine it would end well. People would be constantly hurling abuse at each other and BHVR has no way to monitor it. Like, do you really want to know what that clicky-clicky-teabagging Nea or the hook-denial bully squad or the Bubba that keeps hitting you on hook or the Wraith that's bleeding you out has to say to you?

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

This would be the most annoying thing ever. Children screaming at me constantly for not doing what they want.

• akaTheBARON
    akaTheBARON Member Posts: 346

Personally I prefer they just add information to the HUD so survivors know what youre doing, and add kindred to the base kit.

Now adding coms would truly bring solo queue as close to SWF as possible as that is the main advantage SWFs have. But they will need to make muting players possible, bc while I'd be down for this change, I won't be using it. I don't want to deal with cry babies, I don't want to deal with toxic a holes, and I don't want to deal with those people who are going to try to act like they know best, start trying to quarterback the whole game followed by "Bruh...." after every "mistake" you make. LOL.

Now if they put ALL of it in. Well, now we have solo queues I can work with XD. That way there's coms for those who want to use it, and other information options for those who don't.

And the more we can bridge the gap between solo's and SWFs, the better they can balance the game overall, which helps killers too, so I'm all for anything they can do.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

That is the only thing I disliked about ft13th which also allowed jasons to team up with counselors easier.

I prefer dbd the way it is.

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,983

Most people are extremely against this. There's already enough toxic and racist people in this game. I don't need anyone calling me the N word mid game or have to worry about voice chat while I stream and people saying things that will get me in trouble

• Laluzi
    edited July 2022

That's another good point. Farming, especially temporary teamups for achievements and rift challenges, would shoot through the roof. I wouldn't hate that myself (well, just the rift challenges, because points farming every other game is boring as sin), but there's no way BHVR wants that to happen.

I was mostly thinking about the streams I've watched where the Jason was shrieking into the mic or ranting about replacement theory, but the non-games are an issue too.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

I meant it more as jasons teaming with one of their friends to kill everyone else. It always killed the enjoyment of the game for me and it was too common.

• Laluzi

And that's yet another reason voice chat in DBD would suck. Again, didn't think of that, but absolutely a thing where survivors would sell out their teammates for bargaining, revenge over any perceived slight, or just straight-up trolling. You can't really pantomime that you know where Jeff is when he's on the other side of the map and you're 2 seconds from going down, but anyone can walk and talk. You figure, so many players ragequit when they get first or third downed - how many of the people that flip the table when they lose wouldn't ruin the game for everyone else out of petty spite?