Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What to do with The Legion

Vesperiavi
Vesperiavi Member Posts: 45
edited December 2018 in General Discussions
I'm curious to see what everyone thinks is the best way to go about playing them. Like perks, playstyle, things like that. Preferably based on him now and without add ons and all. 

Comments

• Joe5566
    Joe5566 Member Posts: 20

Well there are 2 ways to play him from the way I saw. 1st one is: Monitor and abuse, hex ruin, stridor + his new perk that makes you see where 2 people are doing gens and just harm as many people as you can and then focus 1 person. Or Bloodhound, hex: Ruin, Sloppy Butcher and M&A and just hit one guy loose the chase and follow the blood (without starting the chase so just look at the ground or moonwalk) so he can't mend .

• Vesperiavi
    Joe5566 said:

Well there are 2 ways to play him from the way I saw. 1st one is: Monitor and abuse, hex ruin, stridor + his new perk that makes you see where 2 people are doing gens and just harm as many people as you can and then focus 1 person. Or Bloodhound, hex: Ruin, Sloppy Butcher and M&A and just hit one guy loose the chase and follow the blood (without starting the chase so just look at the ground or moonwalk) so he can't mend .

Thank you for the response! I appreciate it! I wish their perks were more synergized so I could stay true to them. 
  • JanTheMan
    JanTheMan Member Posts: 495
    Hit a survivor with frenzy to apply deep wound, then use your ability to find the other survivors. Continue to chase the last found survivor either by hitting them with frenzy a following 4 times or with a normal attack but at 110% speed. After downing your first victim cry, beacause the deep wound you applied to other survivors was completely useless and 3 gens have all ready been done. :(
  • Vesperiavi
    edited December 2018
    JanTheMan said:
    Hit a survivor with frenzy to apply deep wound, then use your ability to find the other survivors. Continue to chase the last found survivor either by hitting them with frenzy a following 4 times or with a normal attack but at 110% speed. After downing your first victim cry, beacause the deep wound you applied to other survivors was completely useless and 3 gens have all ready been done. :(
    Haha! Wow that totally caught me off guard, half way through I was like "yeah buuuuuuut..." You seem to be right though, as unfortunate as it is.
  • HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

He has 1 good teachable all killers can use - discordance, iron maiden for huntress and mad grit for basement builds that's all about it. I don't see myself buying this chapter in this current state. Or even playing the game if ptb changes will make it into the game. Gonna follow dev's advice and play something else.

• Vesperiavi

He has 1 good teachable all killers can use - discordance, iron maiden for huntress and mad grit for basement builds that's all about it. I don't see myself buying this chapter in this current state. Or even playing the game if ptb changes will make it into the game. Gonna follow dev's advice and play something else.

Ah man the sass within. But thank you! 
  • DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    Wait and see at this point. 
  • Vesperiavi
    Alrighty yeah you're right, was just wondering if there were any thoughts or anything, thank you!
  • DarkWo1f997
    edited December 2018
    Alrighty yeah you're right, was just wondering if there were any thoughts or anything, thank you!
    You’re welcome. I think. He may be fine where he is, I’ve seen a lot of discussions and videos but I need to try him for myself to really understand how he feels to play. 

I definitely think his base movement speed needs to be the average killer speed of 115%. 
  • Vesperiavi
    You’re welcome. I think. He may be fine where he is, I’ve seen a lot of discussions and videos but I need to try him for myself to really understand how he feels to play. 

I definitely think his base movement speed needs to be the average killer speed of 115%. 
    Yeah I agree with that, and the thank you was sincere. They are very slow naturally but maybe it plays better when it fully hits and you're not only facing them?
  • DarkWo1f997
    @Vesperiavi I know it was sincere, I just don’t think I did anything to be thanked lol. Regardless, I think having a slow base movement speed forms a bad habit of overusing/relying upon the power to do everything. And the power is more for setups and I think legion should be more mobile as a result. 

I don’t know. People say the devs don’t know what they are doing but everyone has a different challenge threshold. If you’re more skilled, than a balance tweak you want may be too much for a less skilled player, and a lot of unnecessary changes are proposed. 

BHVR does know how to make killers balanced and viable, at least as of the past few months. I think him being released will be the best way for feedback to flow in so more people have access to give actually good feedback, assuming it isn’t drowned out by inexperienced player feedback. 
  • Vesperiavi
    @DarkWo1f997 I agree, I just don't see why people are so up in arms about the whole situation. All of the killers have something going for them and it really isn't important to be in red ranks is it? I honestly just can't understand why it's such a big deal. Everyone is different and plays differently. I don't think Legion will be a good killer but I do think they are a fun addition to the roster. Just to comment on what you said regarding the reliance on power, is that not what happened with the Nurse and Huntress? I'm not disagreeing at all, just asking. I personally feel like Legion fits well with their lore, they are just regular people who just kept upping the ante really. It'd make sense that they're not extraordinary in any particular means. That's just my opinion is all!
  • will_i_am_14_85
    will_i_am_14_85 Member Posts: 489

It's a waiting game now, I'm sure they are aware of all the comments and the devs have had a weekend to digest, maybe they'll get a buff soon, if not they'll monitor sales and usage upon release.

If no one is buying and/or hardly anyone is using Legion then there hand will be forced.

• Vesperiavi

It's a waiting game now, I'm sure they are aware of all the comments and the devs have had a weekend to digest, maybe they'll get a buff soon, if not they'll monitor sales and usage upon release.

If no one is buying and/or hardly anyone is using Legion then there hand will be forced.

You make a good point, thank you for telling me!