Community Cosmetic Contest Winners Announced

Comments

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

I bet my all money on that BHVR will ruin this Yui cosmetic too. Poor girl.

Artist's cosmetic is fire.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,545

She looks like something straight out of Darkest Dungeon. Really digging it as well.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

A good, non-recolor/Event head piece for Artist? No way

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252

love that artist skin, wish she was actually fun to play so i could use it lol

wonder what's in the bp gummies

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,163
    edited July 2022

Depends on if your state/country is cool and down to party or lame and calls the cops at 10pm because the music is too loud :D

OP: Seems to be the consensus and I'll add to it; the Artist one is amazing. The Yui one is kind of...just super generic. Like it's not like it's bad but there are plenty of "Dark clothing with a shiny strip on it" cosmetics. Nothing about it feels all that unique or special. The charms are good.

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417

The Artist skin is cool and all, but....it's Artist.

The charms are creative and the Yui skin is nice even though I don't play her.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,705

I do like these. Though am a bit disappointed about Yui as well as it seems like something we already have? Idk. Nothing against it though, it does look very cool and fits the character well!

Charms I really don’t care about that much as I don’t have much space to use them..

Artists is very cool

also, it’s just showing me again how you gotta have artistic talent to really win.. I know they say it doesn’t matter but I can never imagine something I drew among these 😅

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,962

That Artist skin is amazing, holy crap. I need it immediately. It could easily be the best one she has.

Yui... eh. It's good, but all I can think of is "great, another black and pink outfit for Yui." My issue with Yui's cosmetics is that they tend to be super samey and this one unfortunately isn't breaking the mold for me, even if it does look very nice and I'd use it.

Both charms are pretty great and I can see myself using them.

• Tsukah
    Tsukah Member Posts: 390
    edited July 2022

Yui's reminds me of Nea

If anyone deserves a skin, it's Yun-Jin Lee, poor girl hasn't received one in a very long time

• spliffysands
    spliffysands Member Posts: 52

I like Yui's outfit for one simple reason: It's black :3

(Hopefully it will appear without the facemask)

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,995

I'd actually use the Yui cosmetic. It's kinda annoying to see a female survivor design win for the fourth year in a row, but Yui was shafted last year in the cosmetics department last year so it's cool to see her get some love this year. I like that it doesn't have a ridiculously gaudy backpack accessory.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

I hope someday a male survivor gets to win the community cosmetic.....

That Yui one is ok, if there weren't other outfits already that look exactly like that (mostly nea's). Boring

• spliffysands
    spliffysands Member Posts: 52
    edited July 2022

"I like that it doesn't have a ridiculously gaudy backpack accessory"

YES!!!

But the trouser straps annoy me a little bit...

Post edited by spliffysands on
  • Satelit
    Satelit Member Posts: 1,377

Finally a good Yui skin, it's about time.

• Lekitzul
    Lekitzul Member Posts: 495

I honestly wish the men would have some cool outfits. They feel very basic.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,675

That Artist cosmetic looks fantastic

• Astrian
    Astrian Member Posts: 320

Where is it? Is there a 5th skin that I can't see for some reason?

• Satelit

Nea's cosmetics with this style are popular so yeah people do like them.

• Astrian

That's disappointing.

Last I checked Yui isn't Nea. I personally don't play Yui because I want to play japanese Nea, but that's just me.

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259

I came to say, the charms deserve more love! I'd use both of these, lol.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

Congrats to the artists that won!

Personally, I think The Artist skin that won is really cool! I'm just not a big fan of The Artist in general though so it's kinda hard to feel excited about her winning.

The Yui skin, though... Yeah I'm not really a fan. It looks like a generic Nea skin that they copy and pasted onto Yui. I think this one below looks a lot better.

Plus, I wish that a male survivor would win. Jeff and Adam need some love!

Also, both of the charms are great.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

I guarantee you at some point BHVR will make BP gummies an actual merchandise or something

They already sell various DBD themed drinks and stuff in their JPN DBD Cafes or whatever they're called. It's not too much of a stretch

So much for BPs not being edible

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259

k I'm kinda jealous I don't have access to those, being a coffee and gummy addict. </3

• Satelit

Yui is a rebellious street racer,these type of outfits fit her aswell.

• Astrian

I think you're misunderstanding my, and seemingly several other people's problem with the skin. Yeah it works for a Yui skin, that's not the problem.

The problem is that Yui has like 5 quadrillion biker/sport skins. It's an oversaturated market when we just want casual wear or some other hobby. The discount cyberpunk aesthetic imo is just overdone as well, I'm trying to be as nice as possible to the artist but it's a really uninspired design that were it not given out for free in a rift, I would never purchase this.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,689

WHERE IS MAURICE?!?!?

I'M FREAKING OUT!!!

• gelukrait
    gelukrait Member Posts: 172

I want to see all submission. Could someone pass the link of this contest?

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,864

The submissions were made privately, some people did Tweet them out on their own Twitter however, I would suggest having a look through if you want to see peoples entries.

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,395

Exactly! She has the same problem Meg had when the store came out, Meg would only get sports related skins.

• OnryoFlow
    OnryoFlow Member Posts: 9

I like the new Yui skin; it seems like a more stylized version of her existing outfits with a more cyberpunk vibe. I really don't get the alternative one posted by a few people. I can't picture her deciding to wear motorcycle leathers over a corset over a one-piece swimsuit and I think the devs usually go for things that fit the survivor's vibe.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Not just an artist cosmetic but a cool looking one ❤️ I'm hyped

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 961

ahhhh it's good to be an Artist main. XD

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

At least yui finally got a hair I might like.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

So thats what those were.

• spodamayn
    spodamayn Member Posts: 220

The artist skin is really cool and makes me wanna play her more. The charms are also very cute, I'd use them as long as they aren't too small on survivors. The yui outfit, as other people have said looks like a rehashed version of one of Nea's outfits. It doesn't look terrible but I would never grind the rift to get that.

I preferred the Yui outfit that lost to the Claudette streetwear outfit 1-2 years ago. It was more casual and fit her model more. I'm guessing it's probably not allowed for people to resubmit entries that lost in previous contests? It deserves to be added to the game IMO.