The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Hide Killer's Perks at Tally Screen

SWFs on Coms take full advantage of that. Sometimes it ruins the element of surprise when the SWFs say what perks you have to avoid. Like "oh he has Spirit Fury, avoid stunning him etc etc" They mentioned before they want to implement it, don't know what's stopping them now. Anyway, Cheers!

Comments

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@HeHeBoii said:

@Boss said:
    Not even SWF, randoms can simply add eachother and tell eachother about the Killer's equipment when someone dies.

True enough, it's a simple change that can make a bit of a difference balance wise.

Trust me, i want it.
    And the devs say they want to make it happen.
    But y'know, they also said they would re-visit Nurse's Add-on arsenal, for example.
    So yeah...

• HeHeBoii
    HeHeBoii Member Posts: 507

@Keene_Kills said:
    This is a common sense QOL change that should've happened ages ago... yet here we are.

Bamboozled :/

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,131

This would be a very welcome change. The way it is now, killers can be punished for killing a survivor just because then their perks become common knowledge. Knowing whether or not a killer is running NOED or Blood Warden ahead of time ruins a game.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@HeHeBoii said:
    SWFs on Coms take full advantage of that. Sometimes it ruins the element of surprise when the SWFs say what perks you have to avoid. Like "oh he has Spirit Fury, avoid stunning him etc etc" They mentioned before they want to implement it, don't know what's stopping them now. Anyway, Cheers!

Lets face it, almsot all information can already be shared ingame.
    For perks like bloodwarden or NOED its essential to hide them though.

But at least we cant dodge SWF anymore :sarcastic:

• KingB
    KingB Member Posts: 747
    I got baited into a warning from sony because of this. I was playing nurse and got a crazy lucky hit (it was legit but I didn't intend to do it lol) the survivor dc'd, made a group adding everyone in the game and said "node 3 cleanse the gens". This was when noed only applied exposed at level 3. (I was doing the blink inside the exit gates meme with insidious while trying to learn nurse). I got salty and called them a bad word lol I got reported and haven't done it since.
  • Alonzo
    Alonzo Member Posts: 151
    There are a lot of suggestions and discussions like these and I agree that the killer perks should be hidden until last survivor escapes or dies. No idea why it's taking the dev team to make it happen when it obviously ruins the game for the killer.
  • HeHeBoii

@Alonzo said:
    There are a lot of suggestions and discussions like these and I agree that the killer perks should be hidden until last survivor escapes or dies. No idea why it's taking the dev team to make it happen when it obviously ruins the game for the killer.

Glad you agree mate. Something tells me that they are going to do it sometime, but then again who knows. This just needs to be brought to their attention again.

• Alonzo

Question is how? Somehow I don't think its much to do to make it happen. Just hide the killer perks until the last survivor is dead/escaped.

• sacchanisrapid
    sacchanisrapid Member Posts: 3

Except this takes away from the solo survivor experience. If I am playing survivor and am the first out, I have to wait around for 5-15 minutes just to see what the killer was running if I'm curious?

And the threat of solo survivors adding each other just to tell someone what perks and add-ons are being run is extremely low.

• notveryyoung
    notveryyoung Member Posts: 28

@sacchanisrapid said:
    Except this takes away from the solo survivor experience. If I am playing survivor and am the first out, I have to wait around for 5-15 minutes just to see what the killer was running if I'm curious?

And the threat of solo survivors adding each other just to tell someone what perks and add-ons are being run is extremely low.

Eliminated Survivors are exploiting the information gained after death and passing it to players still in the game. Your complaint is mostly irrelevant, the integrity of the game in progress should take precedence, over your desire to know.

this has been know for some time , and yet Killers still get patches like these today, completely favoring Survivors in almost every adjustment made. (the worse balance was the chase audio makes it unplayable as compared to yesterday and drowns out almost every other sound)

• HeHeBoii

@notveryyoung said:

@sacchanisrapid said:

Eliminated Survivors are exploiting the information gained after death and passing it to players still in the game. Your complaint is mostly irrelevant, the integrity of the game in progress should take precedence, over your desire to know.

this has been know for some time , and yet Killers still get patches like these today, completely favoring Survivors in almost every adjustment made. (the worse balance was the chase audio makes it unplayable as compared to yesterday and drowns out almost every other sound)

Well said mate, couldn't have said it better myself.

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@sacchanisrapid said:

So you rank your "curiousity higher in value than the killers disadvantage of having his loadout told to the rest of the survivor?
    Serious?

• Alonzo

@sacchanisrapid said:

You don't have to wait. If you really want to see then yes wait. I don't see why the killer has to take a beat for survivor "curiosity".