Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Should BHVR have removed Perk Tiers?

Clockwork_Enigma
Clockwork_Enigma Member Posts: 529

This is going to be a very simple poll. Instead of creating a million problems that didn't need fixing, should BHVR Interactive have removed Perk Tiers from Dead by Daylight, just to reduce the grind?

Should BHVR have removed Perk Tiers? 50 votes

Yes
84%
GibberishOnryosTapeRentalsMiriamGTragicSolitudemusstang62MrPenguinTaigaAGMRobotfangirl67TatariuAshInTheTallGrassMekochicheetocultleaderGhouled_MojoGannTMMrSheep51Thr_ustjulienAnchorTeaN8dog 42 votes
No
16%
Aven_FallenEmealKnightFall28901INoLuvGressSekiSekiSlanWowie 8 votes

Comments

• dbd900bach
    dbd900bach Member Posts: 679

Perk tiers are significantly useless and are a large issue that increases the grind. Every perk is judged at its max potential which is tier three. Never is a perk judged by its first and second tier or even considered for use until it reaches tier three. I'd understand the use for perk tiers if we were back in year three when there wasn't so many perks in the first place but now there's hundreds.

There shouldn't be perk tiers when it's a hassle to even get all the perks in the first place, especially on survivors who have even more perks than killers.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Yes

There's no point to them anymore. The only reason why they're not removed is because now they're use for prestige upgrades.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,061
    Yes

Perk tiers literally only exist to bloat the grind. It was okay at launch when there was like only 20 perks per side, but now it has no good reason to exist.

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259
    Yes

Yes. They could have just done that for the prestige rework and I'd have been happy.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,951
    No

You don't even need to have your perks be lvl 3 to be useful. and the grind is was smaller now as well as getting smaller over time.

This is somehow bad?

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,610

Not voting but commenting because my opinion is a little too split-

I'm not against removing perk tiers. In fact, I think there's good reason to always consider that a real possibility that extends beyond the grind aspect. However, I do not think that removing perk tiers is an inherently better solution than the one they proposed; both would cut the grind overall significantly. A mixture of both could be valuable, or simply improving on their prestige rework could be valuable, it's not really a case of which tactic would be 'better'.

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567
    Yes

Perk tier removal + current grind rework is what would be ideal.

• Clockwork_Enigma
    Clockwork_Enigma Member Posts: 529
    Yes

The grind is still bad, if not worse in the new patch.

-From, the guy who spent 15 million BP just to test how it works

• Elcopollo
    Elcopollo Member Posts: 768

I like the core idea of what BHVR went with more, than just "removing perk tiers".

What I don't like is the execution of that idea, where they only worsened the grind with this new system.

The reason why I don't like removal of perk tiers is the same reason why I don't like how BHVR executed their idea - it does nothing for new players, but botch their experience. The only players who will be positively affected by the change are those who already played a lot and just don't want to grind anymore. Imagine logging in first time, no DLCs, and by the time you reach your first 23rd level as survivor - you already have all the perks game has to offer you at that point. It's simply underwhelming. There is this thrilling goal you get as a new player "aight, imma play more and imma get a lot of stuff and it's gonna be so cool and rewarding" - removing perk tiers makes this goal non-existent. New players will lose sense of progression extremely quick compared to now and there will be even less reason to keep playing - because why play more if you already have everything? What's the goal? There is none. And with no goal in mind - there's no reason to move forward.