Killer Queue Time theories?

D3spair
D3spair Member Posts: 715

Since the anniversary came up, Killer queue time shot right up. As a Killer Main, my 5 Secs - 15 Secs queue time are now 5 Mins to 10 Mins.

My Theory is that people are still farming BPs for the Prestige Rewards ie. (3 Tier Perks and Gold Portrait) before the Update hits as farming BPs without BBQ and Chili is a nightmare.

Another Theory is that Survivor Mains (without friends and can't think for themselves) are sick of Camping and Tunneling and seeing the Patch notes and deciding that it's a one sided Killer Update, They're moving to being a Killer Main.

So anyone wants to discuss your own theories why Killer queue time is horrible currently?

Comments

• M4dBoOmr
    M4dBoOmr Member Posts: 598

Survivors playing Killers? hows that supposed to work, according to the famous "Survivor Handbook™" it would be impossible to gain any BP

• Objectively_speaking
    Objectively_speaking Member Posts: 507

Queue time is based on region, internet, MMR, and the density of players currently playing. Your queues could be longer because of high MMR and an isolated region or because of your MMR and internet but do not assume it is because a lot of killers or survivors left.

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093
    edited July 2022

I just finished playing a handful of rounds as killer tonight, CT in NA. Pretty much no waiting arounrld for killer rounds, per usual.

I did see the longer waits during the Anniversary, but I attributed that to higher BP totals killers could make. Even then, my queues weren't terribly long.

Survivor queues when I played on Monday and Tuesday night were shorter than they sometimes are, but they still were somewhat lengthy.

Your experiences, obviously, may vary.

ETA: Just rebooted the game and readied for a lobby as killer. Had a match ready to go on 8 seconds, lol. I think it's definitely different from region to region. No survivor shortage where I'm at, apparently.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

It was only higher for me during the event. Now it's back to long survivor ques and instant killer.

• Sadako_Best_Girl
    Sadako_Best_Girl Member Posts: 662

Killer op, give upvotes.

• Gary_Coleman
    Gary_Coleman Member Posts: 732

I've been waiting 3-8 minutes in survivor SoloQ the past couple of nights. It hasn't been less than 3 minutes since the event ended, for me.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

My Killer queue is horrible. Like very, very long during the day while I wait 5 seconds as a Survivor to find a match.

I wanna think you're being sarcastic, but if not... But people usually play both side.

Even me who played 100% Survivor, I started to enjoy Killer. (I avoided Killer because of how stressful it is for me. But I have a nice cosmetic now, so I can lose with style.)

• Lynxx
    Lynxx Member Posts: 510

"They're moving to being a Killer Main."

Or just moving on.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

When someone says killer queue times is longer, it usually means they playing in same time of a day on same server like they did for months/years yet now the same queues are much longer than before. It doesnt matter what time of day, its always compared to the same time frame players play

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,166

Yeah, I noticed this too. Before I had 5-15s killer queues in the evening/night and about 3min during the day. I would usually enjoy my Killer gameplay during the evening and play soloQ survivor during the day with comparable shorter queue times. This was always explained that most players played with their friends and in SWF groups during the peak hours, resulting in this instant killer waiting times during the evening, and still comparable short times during the day.

During the 6th anniversary event this shifted, which I attributed to a lot of survivors switching to killers for the event to have an easier time farming those 12 invitations. But somehow it didn't revert. I still got nearly instant survivor queues during the day, but killer queues during the night can be up to 2min sometimes (still nearly instant during peek hours in the early evening). And during the day you can easily wait 5-6min to get a killer game going. So its either that a lot more players dipped their toe into the killer game play during the event and found it to their liking, or that a lot of survivors are playing PTB in favor of the real game.

I don't know what actually happened, but you can definitely feel it.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,154

Wasnt that the case for the last months/years that during the day killer queue was long and survivor queues short?

And during "prime time" aka after 7pm in the respective region it switched to minute long survivor queue and nearly instant killer queue.

Doesn't sound like something new to me.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,619

No change for me, for any killer (my very weak ones to my strongest ones).

It usually takes 30 seconds at most after 19:00 and a minute before that.

• ClarityOfWill
    ClarityOfWill Member Posts: 205

I've noticed the same thing, queue times in the UK were near instant but now they're around 2-5 mins in the evening. During the day they've always been garbage which hasn't changed that much.

• Mavericks
    Mavericks Member Posts: 89

In the morning and afternoon, the game is not possible to find, the queue reaches up to 10-15 minutes. Although a couple of months ago it was no longer than 5 minutes

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,702

My killers queues were long during the anniversary event, but now they’re pretty much instant.

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333

Perhaps because as solo surv you only play against campers and tunnelers?

• Wampirita
    Wampirita Member Posts: 809
    edited July 2022

4.All of the above + rank reset incoming soon, Since playing killer isn't exactly fun, people are just taking a break until the reset. A lot of people want to goof around once they grind up the rank and can't lose it anymore, but their meme games are meet with toxicity even if they don't play seriously

• Ripley
    Ripley Member Posts: 866

Could just be post-event dip. Also I can see a lot of players leaving after some of the perk changes announced, as the meta has been stale for a long time, changes can be quite confronting.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

We have a lot of people on this forum that claim that solo queue is a living hell. So maybe they all stopped playing.

Or its simply summer and everyone is enjoying their vacation instead of playing dbd.

• _VTK_
    _VTK_ Member Posts: 383

I'm a soloQ survivor and I thought about becoming a Killer main after reading patch notes. Most of my soloQ games are 4k already, soloQ is just not enjoyable anymore. Yeah, playing Killer is more stressful, but even though I'm a bad Killer and mostly play weak Killers, I win most of my games as Killer regardless of ranks. I'm sure some survivors mains will become killer mains after the newest patch or already did so.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

Hey I'm a survivor main and I can think for myself

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

There is a decent chance peoples are holding up for next update drops, also PTB can split up playerbase too.

I doubt survivors are actually dropping from the game as I don't think changes really matters that much for majority of playerbase, even more so when it isn't even dropped yet.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616
    edited July 2022

In my case and considering I usually play killer around 7 pm-10 pm (Europe GMT+1) my queues have increased but only a bit, now instead of waiting 10-15 seconds I have to wait around 30-45 seconds, rarely 1 minute. That times are still ok for me, mostly when I compare that queue times with the 5-10 minutes queues I usually had in 2019. I play in mid MMR (presumably).

My theory is that a lot of crybabies are switching to killer because they can no longer abuse Dead Hard very soon and they are practicing killer.

• itsguccigalaxy
    itsguccigalaxy Member Posts: 12

yeah I just moved on. I only came back here to see if queue times are suffering and I'm happy they are :). I may or may not come back when the game is balanced again and not killer sided

• itsguccigalaxy
    itsguccigalaxy Member Posts: 12

Thats rich coming from a killer main. Anyways I hope ur queue times get even longer

• Kirahie
    Kirahie Member Posts: 354

Factually untrue.

The reality Is that solo q simply has no communication.

• FeelsBadMan
    FeelsBadMan Member Posts: 570

Idk the game is just generally unfun for survivors rn. I play more in a 3-4 man stack again these days and those games are fun cause talk about random bs while playing,not because the game itself is really is enjoyable. Soloq is just so unfun that I found myself playing less and less every week.

Gens take too long. It's boring af to sit in front of one for 90 damn seconds and the bps you get for doing one are simply not worth it (1350 compared to 1500 for ONE safe unhook LOL). Only way to get max points from gens is by grouping up which is gonna cost the survivors the game most likely.

Most maps have too many god and trash pallets while having next to no good loops (the game and reworked RCP being the worst offender) turning matches into brainded pre-drop while hoping the team does all the gens until all the pallets are gone.

Most killers tunnel at 4-5 gens left and I don't talk about the "oh I can't find the unhooker so I go for the recently hooked person" situation- no. Most killers ignore getting bodyblocked or even if a survivor goes down to protect the unhooked, they will simply leave that one slugged on the ground while still going for the recently unhooked person.

All in all the game is just really unfun as survivor rn but they could fix ONE of the issues very easily by simply buffing DS back to 5 seconds to discourage the hardcore tunnelling running rampant atm.