The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Did anything really change with the Haddonfield rework?

All the houses are still strong, some arguably more now, and the road loops are now exceptionally stronger. What even changed? I hear that one house is even an infinite! What could BHVR do to fix this?

Comments

• Lawlichan
    Lawlichan Member Posts: 114

it's like night and day, new haddonfield is not as painful to play as killer, and the houses are not as strong. It's still a survivor sided map, but I guess it's not as big of a deal as eyrie or crows (the worst map ever designed for non mobility killers)

• ACleverName4Me
    ACleverName4Me Member Posts: 450

Yes more god windows were added.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,887

Its much more balanced. Yes there's still some strong loops but its light years away from old Haddonfield.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,582

The map is way more balanced.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,534

New Haddonfield allows survivors to delay the killer. If the killer commits however they will eventually down survivors and also get some pallets out of the way, creating dead zones. Old Haddonfield was always: "Well, you can chase the survivor around that op loop, that op loop, that super strong tile, that connects with 20 more super strong tiles and another op loop, or that building that is almost an infinite." In my oppinion that is an improvement.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

from what i've seen of the map (haven't played since before it was changed) but seems like more good windows but fewer good pallets.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

They did change a lot of it. No change was for the better though

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

new Haddonfield gives me the illusion that its a killer sided map. That's a huge improvement over old Haddonfield.

• DY86
    DY86 Member Posts: 570

I mean there are no infinites there anymore. Even tho there are still good loops it is much more manageable to catch up to survs (specially with the new holes on the walls)

so yeah, Haddonfield is much better

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

Never forget the mile long fences

• AnchorTea
    AnchorTea Member Posts: 1,019

The map is more balanced now. It's more open so that killers have an easier time catching survivors.

• Plsfix369
    Plsfix369 Member Posts: 566

Aside from there are fewer pallets, loops, and hooks in a wasteland of a map, nothing much.

I won't play that map with any of my NOED + Bloodwarden build though.