Anyone disappointed with July Developer Update?

Options
lav3
lav3 Member Posts: 758

Still why there's no option for players to decide whether Prestige or not?

Is it abusable that I keep farming things from lv.50 Bloodweb?

Portrait effect? Wow, clearly there are even customized portrait players made and this is disappointing.

Give something that upcoming legacy P3 players can show off.

Endurance change? Fine, now look at Pinhead's "Original Pain" add-on which negates all Endurance.

Why nothing has been done to Pharmacy? Why does it only activate only when "injured"?

Where's camping solution? Previlege to not camp and penalty for extreme camping? Nothing.

Honestly some of changes were good but I think Developer Update lacks so many of what players want.

Comments

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
    Options

Nope, and the more I think about the new endurance changes, the more I think that Deathslinger, Legion, and Original Pain may get their deep wounds removed.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,917
    Options

It's definitely strange that you're an advocate for not pretiging, yet at the same time want tangible rewards for prior prestige levels.

Neither of things things bother me, because prestiging after the update will have tangible effects, while prestiging before the update has no tangible effects, and in fact comes with a significant cost, losing all of my items.

• Somna
    Somna Member Posts: 130
    Options

The update is big enough that being disappointed in this kind of laundry list looks petty in comparison.

• lav3
    Options

I don't want camping itself only getting nerf. I mean there needs huge incentives rather than just camping near hook till 2nd state or death. And something should be added survivors get from situations like first hook death by Bubba.

• Mozic
    Mozic Member Posts: 601
    Options

They've mentioned theyre going to find ways to help make the mandatory prestige not come at the cost to access to higher tiers of addons and such - these announced changes rule, though. It covered like 80% of people's concerns coming out of the PTB on top of what was otherwise looking to be a fantastic patch, so now it's nearly perfect!

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

That would require a total re-work of Legion, as their entire power hinges on Deep Wounds.

• lav3
    Options

I would always prestige if there was compensation after P9. I know current Prestige don't have much tangible effects besides Bloody cosmetics but single Prestige icon? I can't understand.

• lav3
    Options

I know. Maybe I overreacted but hope there was QoL change which I can automatically spend bloodpoints on Bloodweb. Both repeating lv.50 bloodweb and spending BP on lv1~20 bloodweb are too tedious.

• Mozic
    Mozic Member Posts: 601
    Options

An auto-spender would be neat, but that sounds like a future QoL thing to push for moreso than something that invalidates anything about what's being added now. There will be more updates in the future 😄

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

I mean, it's not even confirmed that this is happening, so we're purely talking a hypothetical scenario.

• lav3
    Options

Personally I think both Deathslinger and Legion are fine, I would say the problem is DH being dead perk against them.

• lav3
    Options

Reading this at least made me feel better than I thought first. Thanks.

They announced they will tweak more perks so.. hopefully matters that might happen in upcoming patch should also be looked at.

Maybe this July note wasn't that bad.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    Options

Nope. Looks great.

• YOURFRIEND
    Options

Then he's just hillbilly without the mobility. Multiple downs are central to his identity.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,454
    Options

So you want to old meta more or less? So boring it's much better now we have Off the record instead. People wanting what we had for years day in day out is just crazy. They could nerf old meta perks even more on both sides no problem.

• Lycidas
    Lycidas Member Posts: 1,170
    Options

Mostly disappointed by the stupid choice they made for the prestige reward.

Yes, the portraits look better, yes, I'll most likely still need to disable them because it's going to be present only on SOME characters, no, it cannot be considered proper compensation for the 1.5 million bloodpoints that were wasted for prestiging.

Bloodpoints or iridescent shards would be better.

• spodamayn
    spodamayn Member Posts: 220
    Options

Really not liking the change made to the prestige catch-up mechanic. It rewards people the most that get to P3 without going for any perks.. But people that got P3 + max perks get screwed because it's now capped at P9. I prefer the system before because I at least got 3 extra prestige levels for having max perks, which put me at P12. Odd that they're making this change when it's so close to the release of the update and people already made plans on how to level previously

• YOURFRIEND
    Options

I don't have any suggestions for it because I don't think it's relevant. People squeal incessantly about "camping and tunneling" when I rarely see true examples of either.

• Norhc
    Norhc Member Posts: 575
    Options

Bloodweb addon rarity being reworked in a future update now proves that it was a complete oversight on their part, what a joke this company always is. Also lol at Calm Spirit still getting nerfed for no reason.

• SmarulKusia
    SmarulKusia Member Posts: 819
    Options

Actually the game does have mechanics to read if someone is being camped.. lol

• Rokku_Rorru
    Rokku_Rorru Member Posts: 950
    Options

I'm a bit sad at Self-Care/Decisive not being reverted duration and healing speed wise, most the changes don't affect me since I don't use most the perks targetted. I wouldn't be surprised if most survivor players see this patch for what it is which is a blanket nerf across the board.

I feel like some of the changes from this patch won't remain, and some killers will be rebalanced around the new changes down the line... it feels like phase 1 of a larger plan.

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209
    Options
  • Deme
    Deme Member Posts: 59
    Options

no

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994
    Options

The survivor main support group thread

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,905
    Options

why would they be reverting the change, the perk has been meta since its conception. they're going nerfing certain survivors because of their build-in iron will. Mainly they will be nerfing Ace and Kate because these two survivors have build-in iron will for whatever reason.

They will also be buffing Jeff and Ash who for whatever reason have base-kit stridor.

Otz already has made a video about this 2 years ago.

A lot of survivor players will be abusing Iron will kate and Iron will Ace. At least they nerfed Spine chill+Iron will blendette build.

• Sadako_Best_Girl
    Sadako_Best_Girl Member Posts: 658
    Options

I am still baffled at the self-care nerf. And RIP overcharge, there is next to zero reason to run it now, call of brine does it's job better and with zero downside. They should have nerfed it to something like 75% to 300% to make it worth running.

I am however extremely happy with the DH nerf, I would have rolled my eyes if it went live in it's PTB state.

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333
    Options

When is camping necessary? When you have 0 kills and there’s only 1 gen left? And what can a surv do when there’s 4 gens left and 2 survs alive?

• Elcopollo
    Elcopollo Member Posts: 763
    Options

The only thing I'm disappointed about is the fact that A LOT of people asked BHVR to remove prestiging payment and they just reduced it. It just proved to me that the only people they "listen to" are themselves - bloodpoint greed for no reason literally. Ah, also a bit disappointed that they somewhy shortened my automatic Prestige from levels 10-12 to level 9, I don't get why, but ok. "Legacy" portraits are much better than they were, but still underwhelming and still worse than, say, 1k IS for each prestige level.

I don't have any problem with Endurance, Bloodpoint Cap and Perk changes whatsoever. Great changes.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,093
    Options

Pretty disappointed.

I don't like that you are forced to spend 20k BP (way too much) to prestige and have no choice to avoid it at level 50. I don't care for the prestige charms, cosmetics, or bragging rights. I do care about wasting 20k BP and would rather have a choice to not prestige.

I think the capping of prestige tiers awarded to players is unnecessary - if the point of prestige is "bragging rights" to show how much BP you put into a character then why is there a cap? Why would a player from 2016 that's put in crazy amounts of BP be capped at same level as someone that started a year ago and put in enough BP to get to the cap? This also adds to my dislike of the forcing to spend BP to prestige because it's not even a good brag. 😂

The prestige charms are still boring.

Botany is like Calm Spirit, cool buff but accompanied with a nerf that makes it less likely someone will run the perk.

I'm not a fan of perks getting deactivated during end game. It'd be like having killer perks like Starstruck be deactivated during end game.

While I have seen people say they are bummed they didn't address camping/tunneling in this update I wasn't expecting them to. They've been pretty clear they want to increase kills so they aren't going to do anything to stop two mechanics that pretty much guarantee kills.

The only thing I was happy to see was the increase in BP caps per category and total BP cap.

• PaintedDeath
    PaintedDeath Member Posts: 489
    Options

Dude you are living in a fantasy world if you think Legion is getting their deep wounds removed.

• TheMruczek
    TheMruczek Member Posts: 187
    Options

The fact that stun duration of ds is going to be 3sec pisses me off.

Off the record is gonna be a nightmare in terms of bodyblocking killers. It should deactivate when you become healthy so killer doesn't have to hit you two times.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,807
    Options

No, not disappointed. But then again I try not to have any expectations.

Most of the changes seem appropriate, though not as many changes as I would have liked, it is what it is.

And also people clamor for camping changes, but what? I 've tried my hand at conceptualizing some, but then it's pointed out (accurately) how they would be very abusable. I just don't see a good solution here. Like with tunneling, I don't think any viable solutions to mitigate the intentions of bad actors.

Campers gonna camp, and tunnelers are gonna tunnel. You can make it more painful, but some will never stop.

• tendyhands
    tendyhands Member Posts: 268
    Options

Actually there literally is. For example see when they disabled DS.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,114
    Options

The catchup cap is a bit disappointing.

No difference between a P3-1 and P3-50 all perks. Nice slap in the face considering there's no reward for going past P9.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,905
    Options

First of all, nobody is abusing anything when they run Iron Will on certain Survivors

yes they are. they're using a perk on specific character to intentionally increase the perk strength. I'm just explaining what the dev post is talking about in regards adjusting volumes in relation to Iron will change.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,372
    Options

I mean blocking out an entire part of the games design (your easier to be found while injured) is pretty nuts for a perk on its own. That doesn't have any downside or stipulation besides being injured (which it was bugged to affect breathing in general anyway) i don't think a perk should ever remove an entire part of a games design.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,503
    Options

Yeah, it is whatever. I honestly dont care anymore, they nerfed the Perk just because it was Meta.

I will just play way less Survivor than before, fine by me.