Anyone disappointed with July Developer Update?

2»

Comments

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,499
    edited July 2022

Did you really use iron will that often? I mean ouch if so. But personally im a memer like red herring blast mine or quick and quiet head on. More power to you obviously but im just wondering if this is is over the top. Personally i like that claire won't sound like she had a asthma attack while running if they lower everything overall. Of course bringing up ace and others that are much more quieter as well to make it even ground.

• Gamall
    Gamall Member Posts: 487

Can't wait to join a game as killer after 30 minutes of queue since now.

Good luck.

• supersonic853

Ah alright. I thought them adjusting the sounds as a whole would make it more fair but makes sense. Like if they lower the intesnity of say bill jane or claire but raise like ace claud and feng.

• Tatt3dWon
    Tatt3dWon Member Posts: 514

Problem is the game is going to hemorrhage players again. The steam charts are already showing a decline before the event even ended.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,056

The thing is, adjusting the sounds does nothing. Because you can even hear an Ace when your Headset is good enough. Especially if Stridor-Spirit comes back (even tho, Spirit got that Perk Slot for free... I mean, this is what an S-Tier Killer needed, a free Perk Slot).

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

You know what I don't understand, and these devs seem to this a lot.

Why not change the perk when they know that every survivor is on the same level as far as how loud they are, and not put the cart before the horse and change it and go "eh we'll worry about the other part later". It's almost as if someone who doesn't play the game is making these decisions.

• supersonic853
    edited July 2022

The thing with stridor was i didn't like how one survivor perk could counteract multiple addons and a killer perk on its own ofc (removing spirit from the equation) you have freddys rope addon,huntress addon, and nurse addon. And stridor as a perk being counteracted. When a killers perks need to be more valuable then a survivors to accommodate for the 1v4. Obviously throwing spirit into the equation changes things but i personally didn't like the idea of stridor being a dead perk either. But one would have to give eventually i guess. Which ofc the non meta wins in the end. Doesn't make the addons any better though in the end i guess. And stridor will still be borderline useless.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,056

The thing is, even people who disliked Iron Will did not run Stridor back in the day. Except on Spirit. And if a Perk is only really useable on one Killer, it is not really a good Perk and should be changed. And IMO instead of nerfing Stridor, it should have been completely reworked back then.

But now Iron Will is dead. And with it probably Lucky Break as well, since there is 0 point in hiding your Blood and Scratch Marks, when you can be heard.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

Wait why would Deathslinger and Legion get their deep wound removed?

• supersonic853

I was thinking the addons and stridor should have been reworked but i was also thinking from a "would behavior go back and rework addons and a perk or just nerf iron will". Ofc reworking them would be the end all better option. There will still be off the record as a option but yeah.

• Mazoobi
    Mazoobi Member Posts: 1,564

I was quite surprised they touched Inner Focus.

That buff means the killer's aura can be read from anywhere on the map so that's actually really good.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Lucky break already pairs great with bite the bullet 👍

• nicnc82
    nicnc82 Member Posts: 372

Yes it should. Get some skill if you need to camp. Killer main and I never camp. I may patrol end game but I even feel survivors deserve counters to end game camping. Which now they don't have.

• nicnc82

If you're talking about staying around a hook if other survivors are around or hooking a survivor in the middle of 3 gens that's not camping. Again, killers whined and cried they can't get their end game kill because survivors had counters like ds and otr to help. Now congrats you got your hand held.

• nicnc82

I never got upset if i soft camped end game with the gates powered and a hooked survivor had ds or I got hit woth bt and they escaped. Good for them, I wasn't entitled to a kill

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,157

I don't think they increased distance for the killers aura, just the scratch marks. Hopefully I'm wrong but I feel like they wouldn't have just said scratch marks if they were including the killers aura in the change.

• Tatt3dWon
    Tatt3dWon Member Posts: 514

Good thing is I'm just going to use bubba and auto get mmr for 2 kills probably 3 now.

• MB666
    MB666 Member Posts: 968
    edited July 2022

not me for sure , i think was pretty solid, both sides got some changes for good like DH and the prestige icons.🙄

the only thing am worried is that they didnt mention DS 🤐

• Babz
    Babz Member Posts: 61
    edited July 2022

I honestly think it's great; they're really listening to feedback and trying to make improvements that please the ENTIRE playerbase (which carries a lot of pressure).

However, I have a few suggestions/opinions:

1) DS stun time increased to 5 seconds & deactivates when exit gates are opened (not powered). This deincentivizes tunnelling yet also removes those 'you can't pick up' situations for the killer during endgame. (Personally I think the Off The Record change is fine as is btw)

2) 5 seconds after hooking a survivor, if the killer remains within 15 metres of the hooked survivor while survivors are not within 20 metres of the hooked survivor, the hook timer decreases regression rate by 20%. This desentivizes camping in a manner that is not abusable by survivors, and may encourage more use of perks like Kinship if killers still decide to camp.

3) Tone down Eruption and increase Noed aura-reading range (base 24 metres) by 4 metres per every other Dull totem cleansed by survivors. This prevents Eruption being too effective to the point where survivors feel helpless & encourages 'doing bones' to counter Noed while still giving the power to the killer to make a final comeback.

4) Mettle of Man should ignore the new Endurance mechanism and still avoid a Dying State hit, whether or not the survivor has to mend. Mettle of Man requires 3 health states to activate, in which the survivor must actively put themselves in risky situations. I feel this should be rewarded by a guaranteed safe hit and not feel like a gamble of whether it will have value or not.

5) Hex Ruin regression rework: Generators regressing with Hex: Ruin begin to regress at 100% and gradually increase in rate to 200% over 40 seconds. Ruin currently feels worthless with the Overcharge/kicking gens buffs. Making it a more intense and instantly-activatable version of Overcharge will justify the perk being a Hex.

6) Restore an old effect: Self-care increases medkit efficiency whilst self-healing by 20%. This would form a nice combo with the nerfed botany knowledge, and encourage survivors to run them together (which would also make survivors that self-care in the corner take a lot faster).

7) A thanataphobia action debuff can only be activated (permanently) if a survivor has been hit with a basic attack; meaning any survivor that is injured yet has not been hit with a basic attack will not contribute a 5.5 action speed decrease. This would allow Thanataphobia to be more a slow-build perk that can later progress into a very strong form of slowdown.

8) Increase the Haste status effect provided to an unhooked survivor to 12%. This will make the survivor much harder to catch up to, punishing the killer for actively trying to tunnel.

Apart from that, amazing update!! Well done bhvr; honestly you continue to improve your communication with the playerbase every single update and I feel these changes are very well thought out, and will encourage a new variety of perks/combos to start being used.

Post edited by Babz on
  • MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425
    edited July 2022

I mean, I wish they did more.

Now killers have even less of a reason to leave hooks, all the gen kicking perks are subpar and BBQ is pretty much dead, so what's pushing them to leave a hook now if finding a gen to kick isn't worth and there's no reason to spread hooks now?

More camping and tunneling incoming, esp. with OTR making it worse to spread pressure.

At least OTR got changed for endgame and endurance got nerfed, which was needed imo.

I'm sad they gutted overcharge into worthless tier. It might have needed a change but they went too far (again).

But overall I think the changes are a net positive than before.

Post edited by MrPenguin on
  • Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

Yes, very much so. But tbh I wasn't expecting anything good. Self Care and DS still have their unnecessary nerfs, they unnecessarily nerfed Botany and OTR, Calm Spirit and Pharmacy buffs are still a complete joke. Yet the overturned Thanatophobia is still not changed and camping and tunneling got mega buffed. And no improvements for Solo Survivors whatsoever. Honestly, might as well stick to playing killer at this point if you don't have anybody to play SWF with.

• Godhandkm
    Godhandkm Member Posts: 34
    edited July 2022

I'm very happy, so many improvements. Some people only focus in the bad things.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,235

Do gens.

Or far more likely try to outlive each other, waiting for the other to get hooked and sacrificed for the hatch. And if that fails,the selfpowered gates.

I though this was common knowledge by now? Rhetoric, no need to answer.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662
    edited July 2022

Out of the many things being nerfed, I was looking forward to a few things like the Botany buff but even that has a downside now. Which definitely doesn't kill it but whatever.

I was also happy that although DS was being nerfed there was a VERY good alternative to use end game - Off The Record. But it doesn't work in end game anymore which was its MAIN appeal to me. So now I see myself still using BT instead of Off The Record since at least that will still work in end game (I think!).

• SmarulKusia
    SmarulKusia Member Posts: 819

I mean, it can. There are several radius reading mechanics in the game, and chase radius mechanics. The game can clearly tell when a killer is within proxy, and how much of a proxy and whether survivors are within proxy of the hook or proxy of a chase.

I didn't misunderstand, you're just ignoring that radius checks are part of the game already, and that is why you get points deducted for being at the hook too long as a killer.

• Gratxla
    Gratxla Member Posts: 82
    edited July 2022

Just like the 5 nurses come from the Woods with their multi acc to defend their op toy (which lets aceppt it, it's gonna get nerfed for sure, when? No one knows)

• SmarulKusia
    SmarulKusia Member Posts: 819

The game can literally see those scenarios WITH radius checks. The whole game functions on radius checks, where gens spawn, where hooks spawn, how a chase activates, how perks activate etc. It all works on radius checks that the game actively performs throughout a match.

I dont know why you're acting as if the reason those hooks and gens are close arent bc of radius checks lol

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

You don't lose anything when prestige so why not is the better question....I mean I want 1.5k amounts of items to use and always have options Incase the rarer items are not available at the moment

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

Hey they do look good but I have the best charm of them all

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607

You still got scratch marks, blood pools, steps... I don't know what they've removed according to you

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,407

Yeah, I'm just indifferent at this point. I can deal with the perk changes because the meta builds weren't my thing, but saying that they're still keeping in mind *why* the perks were meta isn't true. All those things will still be prevalent, if not encouraged. I fully expect teamwork to suffer in solo q. It'll be every man for himself. If it gets too hard to get to endgame then people will start equipping hatch builds. Hoping I'm wrong of course. We shall see!

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994

We don’t make threads panicking about her getting nerfed. We come into alarmist threads to provide perspective and tips against her. Of course, people would rather panic than learn so yea

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,136

It's annoying that they kept a prestige tax instead of adjusting the Bloodwebs. They could start with a level 10 Bloodweb instead of a level 1, then people will get to have a bunch of level 50 Bloodwebs before prestiging which will increase the BP spent per prestige level by more than the 20k tax they're charging now, and most of what people get from Bloodwebs is useless junk that they'll never use anyway but at least they're getting something for their Bloodpoints.

I'm mostly unhappy that sharing/seeing prestige isn't optional. I don't want to share my prestige levels with others. I don't want it shown anywhere. And I don't need to see other people's prestige levels, either, but my main thing is I don't want to show off my own.

I think the change to Botany is the wrong way to go about it. They should leave Self Care's healing speed alone, just get rid of the med kit efficiency, and not touch Botany at all.

BHVR also needs to make a lot of changes to survivor's Bloodpoint gains. Increasing the BP caps is nice, but the Survival category alone is all kinds of messed up. In general, escaping rewards way too much and actual participation in the match rewards too little.

• Gratxla
    Gratxla Member Posts: 82

Oh yes, nurse have been giving us these "tips" for almost 5 years, and yet not Even comp survs are able to counter a good/comp nurse.

I Guess only killers get good with time and survivors players don't cause they lack a brain (using your logic)

Yall don't make threads yet cause devs haven't announced her nerf, yall just keep refreshing the dbd forum page looking for a nurse thread that doesnt Fit your agenda, so You can call the 5 nurses here and tell us how ""balanced"" she is

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994

No, more like survivors are used to having the game catered to them, which means they don’t have to adapt. Sorry you’re spoiled

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,661

It would have been better if they didn't force us to prestige until the addon access issue was fixed. What possible reason could there be to force prestige, unless BHVR is purposely trying to make the addon grind worse?

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,452

Mate, I've been disappointed with this game since mid-2019.

Why would this patch be any different?

• SunflowerBat
    SunflowerBat Member Posts: 19
    edited July 2022

This, had about half both sides as p3 lvl50 all perk and half at p0 lvl50 before the event, rolled all of them to p1 lvl1 for tier 1 perks and pushed through the event pouring everything to get them to p3 for tier 3 perks on everyone. No time to stockpile flans, use em and roll prestige tossing out what remained.

Log on today after a long break of event grind burnout still have 11 killers to p3, all survivors were done during the event, pour bp from reset into Dredge to have tier 2 perks on everyone, check forum news stuff annnnnd its changed jk you only needed p1 now for tier 3 perks on everyone cause it converts p1 to p3! So the entire fhsjjdjjj event grind was a waste of time, millions of bp, and hundreds of flan, could have left them all at p1 lvl0 and spend allllll that into characters I DO play. Oh and no more bbq/wglf bonus so all those flan I didn't have time to stockpile? YEAHHH.

Made us believe through the event you had to p3 to get tier 3 then yanked the rug from under everyone.

And to top it off all perking means nothing, capped out at 9 for no reason than to slap you in the face cause they can. Could care less how high my level is over 9 and honestly I don't even want other people to see it but WHY cap it, its just a middle finger. Cant tell if i want to walk away after 4k hours or just toss a controller. /rant

Edit: Tallied up just how much bp was pissed into the wind for p3 when I could have left them at p1 for the same result, grand total 57 million bp. I mean, I can't even describe what I'm feeling rn.

• Maxx_Calin
    Maxx_Calin Member Posts: 86

First off the game itself has never forced u to prestige ur characters at all so the whole fact u started ur discussion off with that doesn't make alot of sense.

That being the case, I'm excited for the new update for the following reasons:

1: I will finally be able to get Self-Heal, Technician, Calm Mind and Were Gonna Live Forever unlocked on every survivor I have which will allow me to level them all very easily to prestige them and get all the rewards from doing so. Already got Claudette Morel, Feng Min and Jake Park to Level 50 but waiting for the Prestige rework to go live before I do their 1st prestige and unlock their perks on everyone. David King I have already prestiged 3 times so he's gonna be levelled up quite a bit when it happens along with Kate and Haddie at the same prestige level. Got every perk unlocked on Haddie already.

2: I got most of my survivors at level 40 due to the levelling grind I did during the recent event so all I have to do is get them 10 more levels each and I can prestige them and unlock their perks for all survivors after the rework update. Hate grinding levels to unlock perks on survivors so this makes me very happy.

3: It's annoying trying to get Self Heal and Technician to show up in the bloodweb of most survivors. Usually it takes me going thru a bunch of bloodwebs till I get to lvl 50 to get them on a survivor. But with the prestige rework update. I will soon have them on every survivor which means I will finally be able to play as every survivor in the game with those perks on them all and won't be limited to only the ones that do.

4: The fact u don't lose any items, perks or add-ons when u prestige once the update comes out is nice considering losing all that stuff while prestiging a survivor never made sense to me as u should get to keep that stuff when u prestige so u don't lose it and it goes to waste just to prestige.

Only thing I hate about the Prestige rework update is the fact they are nerfing one of the best perks in the entire game by making Iron Will 75% instead of 100% which means that there is no point in using it after the update cause it's suppose to make it so u make no noise what-so-ever when hiding from the killer. So thank u DBD for ruining that perk and making it worthless after the update.