We need to add a gate rollback

Faen
Faen Member Posts: 55
edited July 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

The fact that survivors can put the gate on 99. I consider it a problem. 

Not starting the gate, but leaving it at 99. Survivors get endgame advantages. They are hardly affected by the collapse

Opening the gate should be a definite choice. Which the survivor goes to in order to open a path to victory. But right now that choice isn't there. Almost always experienced players set the gate to 99, ignoring any choice.

Rolling the gate back can be done up to 75% to give the last survivor a chance to escape. 

Post edited by Faen on

Comments

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,459

I disagree, what I'd like to see is 4 minute EGC starting as soon as gens are done.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,710

EGC isn't meant to hurt the survivors; it's meant to bring the game to a close. It already helps the killer enough as it is; we don't need to nerf 99 gates.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

That’s a interesting idea. I could imagine having the gate progress being locked-in in 25% increments.

If you get the 1st bulb lit, then it’s 25% done. If you do 30% and let go, then it’ll regress back to 25%. To lock in your progress, you have to get to 50% (2 bulbs) or 75% (3 bulbs). They should add a 4th bulb for fully open gates.

If you want to hold it at 99, then somebody needs to stand there to tap it over and over since it’ll keep trying to regress to 75%.

I think his would be a healthy change for the game!

• TheKissKing
    TheKissKing Member Posts: 59

gate rollback would be an interesting perk, i doubt it should be basekit tho

• Faen
    Faen Member Posts: 55

I see this as a lost opportunity for an interesting game

• akaTheBARON
    akaTheBARON Member Posts: 346
    edited July 2022

I see someone calling for a gate rollback once a week it seems. Mandy even chimed in once saying they tried it before and it doesn't work, so its not going to happen. They could always change their mind but we'll see it in a couple years minimum IF at all. I've always thought if killers want a regression, they should be able to have it if it gives them a prompt to regress it like with kicking gens, or if there was a perk that did it automatically.

But it should cost them the time to either go to the gate and do it or a perk slot. 99ing the gate only encourages survivors to go back into the map to go for unhooks, heals, or whatever. IDK why killer mains think its this huge survivor advantage. Its not something that will instantly increase their kill rates though.

Killers can also open the gate to create pressure if they want to. But they actually have to down somebody first, but thats kind of the killers objective anyway.

• slipttees
    slipttees Member Posts: 846

Make new game mode. Killer vs Killer.