If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Legion and Jeff

Options
VolantConch1719
VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,152

Someone (I'm blanking on your name right now, sorry) came up with the idea that the Entity grabbed both Jeff and the Legion at the same time. The evidence being Jeff decided to go up to the lodge, and Frank hearing something moving in the woods by the lodge. That something would be Jeff.

Don't get me wrong, I love this theory, and want it to be true. But, after thinking it over, it just opens FAR to many plot holes.

First off, Frank was sixteen when he moved to Ormond. We can gather this from the line in his backstory "His last move had been three years prior when his last foster dad, Clive Andrews, had picked him up from the adoption centre. They'd been on the road for seven hours before reaching a small bungalow in Ormond." It starts that paragraph off saying he is nineteen.

Let's assume he meets Julie, Susie, and Joey very shortly after. They start hanging out, it's all cool. Meanwhile, Jeff, who is still in high school, is working at a video store, where Frank sees his drawings. He pays Jeff to paint "The Legion" in runny, bloody letters."

This is where things fall apart. Jeff's parents get a divorce and he moves to Winkler. There he finishes high school and eventually becomes a roadie. A few years later, he got into a fight that almost cost him his eyesight (hence his scar). The issue here is that few usually refers to THREE or more. Let's just assume, for the sake of the original theory, that Jeff moved to Winkler and graduated in the same year as he painted "The Legion". We are left with... Frank now being nineteen.

Jeff then takes art school, several courses, which usually takes around FOUR years. So, if we are using the minimum amount of time for a few, we are still likely let with SEVEN years after Jeff left Ormond, becuase Jeff doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to just drop out for no apparent reason. Then he "led a quiet, simple life: he brewed beer, took-in a rescue dog, designed tattoos, and freelanced album covers for bands he liked." This alone seems to indicate a while before his father's death.

Meanwhile, the Legion kills that janitor and buries him. Frank hears something in the woods. I so desperately want this to be Jeff, but that would mean those last two paragraphs had to have all happened in THREE years! Otherwise, Frank would be at LEAST 23 years old! What does the very first sentence begin with? "Frank Morrison was nineteen and had little to show for it."

Since they are still very clearly teenagers, this whole theory just doesn't work! Which is really sad, since it's a huge missed opportunity.

Comments

• Mikeadatrix
    Mikeadatrix Member Posts: 890
    Options

It is kinda disappointing and a bit of missed opportunity. I never picked up on Frank being 16 at the start and I always assumed he was 19, dated Julie and hung out Joey and Susie for like a handful of months. It makes far more sense that he was 16 and got to know them over a span of 3 years. Considering that the gang is very to Frank, it makes sense that it took years.